Advertisement

Author Topic: Black Panther... so I got these friends...  (Read 5385 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Black Panther... so I got these friends...
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:53:28 AM »
They all going to be dressing up in dashekee's.....

Dressed up with dashekee's and claws...

Some of them are dressing like black panther's as in that political group with beret's and combat boots and in all black..

My female friend was telling me about it and it just made me laugh so hard!!!!!!!  We both laughed so hard.

Today's she's going to go find a beret to wear.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther... so I got these friends...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »
the movie was just...

ok..

2.5 outta 5 stars..

the jokes were kinda cornie...

the movie was too long...

the only good character actually was the guy with one arm.

the antagonist... his acting wasn't particulary good.

the mom's acting was pretty good..

the movie was pretty predictable..

some parts was to cheesey and cornie.. like the rhino scene, you'll see what I mean when you see it...

it seemed like the director didn't know what direction to go.. serious or comedic... or he just couldn't find a good or do a good balance..

I think some of the costume colors were a bit too vibrant.. it detracted from the "realness/authencity" of the movie..

the action scenes was kinda blah..you really couldn't see much of it!  some parts were too zoomed in and too close to see the action as far as the fight scenes go..

the movie was too long... I started yawning..

I was kinda not impressed...

I can see why hollywood cast the actors they do...

the movie didn't pull me into the movie at all...

It could've been better for sure.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 12:15:23 PM »
the movie was kinda gave an anti American vibe to it too..  :S

they be talking like they don't like americans.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 04:34:54 PM »
I will go see this movie because of the super hero aspect of it, not political, not racism, not movement, etc. like what liberals, racists or bigots want to make it into.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 02:36:14 AM »
Hmm....

I went in with an open mind and just there becuase it was a superhero movie and I wanted to see it..

There is politics and racism in it..

Not big politics... and not big racism...

but like I said.. there was a line said that I'm sure the white folks in the theater felt uncomfortable becuase all the people who laughed at it were probably african americans.

I'm not sure why that line was put in there...

But anyways... they was banging G-dragon in the korean scene.  I noticed they didn't use the word that is normally used for "you" in korean when they was talking in korean.

I listen to alot of kpop and that is not how they say "you".

Overall watching the movie.. I would say it wasn't comfortable watching some parts of the movie..

Poverty is highlighted..  the ghetto is highlighted... all of that is stereotyped and nobody or groups  likes to be stereotyped but I'm sure that really is the way it is.  So it has to be uncomfortable for part of the demographic to watch it..

And then it has to be uncomfortable for us american's to watch becuase some of the lines in the movie, like I said, there were a few lines that made it sound a bit anti-americans.

but not only that!

It really wasn't a good movie...

vangsean

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 09:37:58 PM »
Really? I loved it. It's a much different and unique MCU movie I've seen thus far.

The writing was great. Acting was great. Cinematography was great. Colors and aesthetics were great. Music was great. (Kendrick Lamar killed it with the Black Panther album) Even the villain had depth and motive to be the way he is. That's something that most superhero movies are lacking. A strong villain, character wise. And Black Panther finally has a good villain. Well...I wouldn't say "villain," now that I think about it. It's just different people with different ideas fighting for their country. You understood what each main character is doing and what their motive is. The only thing that was a little bit lacking for me were the fight/actions scenes. They were good, but still could've done better. Otherwise, it's an 8.5/10 for me. Now I'm definitely stoked for Infinity War.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:18:36 AM by vangsean »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 02:40:52 PM »
Ok so had a date night w/ me, myself, and I to this movie.  I thought it was ok.  The lead actor is hot and lead actress beautiful.  Yeah, I think I was drooling a little bit ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just telling the truth :D :D

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 11:35:42 PM »
I couldn't get into the movie because the black actors were not authentic enough. There is no way any of them gave off Wakanda vibes except for Lupita Nyongo. It's like when American actors play British characters. Fake, fake, fake! Yet, British actors can play American characters without fail. Just look at Andrew Lincoln. Dude is English but he easily passes as a southern sheriff in "The Walking Dead".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT_iNRLApWE

It's like Hollywood gathered up all the black actors/actresses they had and threw daishikis on them. 

Djaimon Hounsou instead of Forest Whitaker.

Could've used some Idris Elba somewhere.

vangsean

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 04:18:39 PM »

Idris Alba is in the MCU. Lol He's in the Thor movies as Heimdall, the one who guards the Rainbow Bridge. He's also in the very beginning of Infinity War as well.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 04:14:49 PM »

Bad idea. Having an Asgardian randomly show up in wakanda for no apparent reason would be pointless and stupid.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 02:44:50 AM »
That's precisely my point. The actors were so inauthentic that having Idris in it would still be a good thing despite him already playing another character.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 04:12:02 AM »
That's precisely my point. The actors were so inauthentic that having Idris in it would still be a good thing despite him already playing another character.

If there's already something bad about a movie and you decide to add something pointless and stupid thing in, that doesn't make the better.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 02:30:37 AM »
^^^   ;D ;D ;D

Advertisements