Advertisement

Author Topic: Finally, someone admitting the truth about Wealth.  (Read 2483 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Finally, someone admitting the truth about Wealth.
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:14:10 AM »
More wealth = more happiness.  It's so simple, I don't know why people keep saying money doesn't buy happiness.

Article;
http://www.psypost.org/2018/02/large-amount-wealth-linked-increased-happiness-especially-among-earned-50767

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Finally, someone admitting the truth about Wealth.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 05:46:50 PM »
I agree that those who have worked hard to earn their wealth are happier than those who just inherit them.

The hard workers know the rewards and the sweat that got those rewards.

The inheritors don't know sweat and, in fact, don't know how to appreciate the earnings.

Ask those soap opera characters like "The Young and the Restless", "Dallas", etc. They seem to have a lot of times to get into conflicts. They aren't happy at all. There's always one problem after another. No work but just stalking one another one drama after another.

More wealth = more happiness.  It's so simple, I don't know why people keep saying money doesn't buy happiness.

Article;
http://www.psypost.org/2018/02/large-amount-wealth-linked-increased-happiness-especially-among-earned-50767

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:21:58 PM »

Article;

Of course you "don't know" given your narrow mind/view...It's a simple *fact* that "money" may be able to buy happiness for some but not for some...

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 09:58:18 AM »
Of course you "don't know" given your narrow mind/view...It's a simple *fact* that "money" may be able to buy happiness for some but not for some...
  yes yes. I know it's too much for you to grasp, but try to keep up. You're doing great. O0

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 10:24:01 AM »
I think it varies among people. Every study is different due to many different criteria just like a home inspection, two inspector will have two different results on the same home.  I know people with money and people without money and they both have many regrets. IMO, money never really buy true happiness instead it buys you luxuries.  You will never be happy because the more one has the more one wants and money can only buy things to certain point.  Being rich create insecurity. If you are rich base on a salary working for someone you will be working all the time and will miss out on a lot of things in life.  Rich people are still human and still feel sadness, pain, etc. so instead of feeling some of the struggles poor people have, they inherit other struggles that comes with having money.  For example like having a car.  Insurance, car tab, maintenance comes with it.  Having money is the same, certain things comes with it, its part of it and you can’t shake it, you can’t have one without the other.

Look at Hollywood today, there are millionaire everywhere and some of their struggles are never ending.  My manager at my last job who make twice as much always complaining that he’s broke and drive the crappiest car out of the rest and I’m trying to get to where he is? No thank you I’m more happier making less, less headache, less responsibility and its enough for the family.  When the last time you got a raise and you celebrate then months later you feel the same like you still can’t save money and you need another raise. The more one has the more one wants and always feeling insecure, the list goes on…Millionaires no different.

I believe happiness is having enough money “txaus noj, txaus haus”.  MOST importantly having a loving family, spouse, children, etc.  IMO, the real TRUE Happiness is how you share yourself to the world.  On your dying bed nothing matters, not money, not how big your house is, not how many places you’ve been to, etc, INSTEAD a self-evaluation of your walks of life and how righteous you were to the world, THE FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF, you know.  This will determine your true happiness before your last breath.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:28:49 AM by starchaser1989 »

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »
Just like truth, happiness is still relative to such believer.

No one may teaches you your happiness but upon hearing other people's happiness, you may find such route more pleasing and may adopt it. 

I'm not at my level of happiness yet.  There are goals to be met and until you win the game of Life, you can not be happy. 

1. Wifey.... Someone to fawk with.
2. Kids all grown up and be banking their own money.  This way they can leave you alone.
3. House all payed off so u will never have to worry about being a statistic of those Americans who work just to pay rent or mortgage.  A car new enough so it might be your last car, sucker free car from major wear n tear or just lease it n drive a new on every 3rd year. 
4.  Have a source of income where your job is to book your vacation trip. 
5. Healthy enough to enjoy life.
6. Have friends who are also happy like you are so they too will travel with you as well. 

So basically, everything is all set up under your grasp.  No worries= stress free happiness.

This then would qualify the "enough" part as someone mentioned above.  What is enough is to be determined such that my definition of wealth is to burn 100% of my monthly income without having to save since savings will no longer be needed. 

I do find joy in helping other people to gain my success story as well. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 01:18:51 PM »
If you live in a world/place where you need $$ to survive then having money = happiness.  If you live in a place/world where survival doesn't require $$ than not having money can also = happiness.

Happiness is a state of being - depends.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 07:22:36 PM »
  yes yes. I know it's too much for you to grasp, but try to keep up. You're doing great. O0

Yes, you still have "too much" ignorance but nothing new. And thanks, I know I'm "doing great" because facts still beats ignorance.. O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 07:25:52 PM »
If you live in a world/place where you need $$ to survive then having money = happiness.  If you live in a place/world where survival doesn't require $$ than not having money can also = happiness.

Happiness is a state of being - depends.

Don't tell that to the narrow minded ignorance folks that can't see other variables due to their narrow view..Fact is, it does "depends"...common fact/common knowledge..

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 03:25:15 AM »
I agree that those who have worked hard to earn their wealth are happier than those who just inherit them.

The hard workers know the rewards and the sweat that got those rewards.

The inheritors don't know sweat and, in fact, don't know how to appreciate the earnings.

Ask those soap opera characters like "The Young and the Restless", "Dallas", etc. They seem to have a lot of times to get into conflicts. They aren't happy at all. There's always one problem after another. No work but just stalking one another one drama after another.

You don't know that.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 11:34:11 PM »

Article;

The data was collected from millionaires about millionaires.  Highly bias data.  Useless.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
The people who are saying they are not happy becuase they are rich...

Take away thier money and they'll be sad and when you give it back to then they'll be so happy. .. how ironic.

You'll never see sad rich people wanting to give up thier money though..

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 12:10:50 AM »
The people who are saying they are not happy becuase they are rich...

Take away thier money and they'll be sad and when you give it back to then they'll be so happy. .. how ironic.

You'll never see sad rich people wanting to give up thier money though..

wrong! some "rich people" actually give away their money so they can be happier...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2021, 01:49:10 PM »
Yea...

Money=happiness

If $5 million show up in my bank account right
I would jump up and down

There was was time growing up
where my folks didn’t have enough money to buy food

YES I WOULD BE HAPPY TO EAT SOME COW MEAT!!!!
Matter of fact
I can’t wait till my relatives kill cow
Cuzzzz i can finally get some laab LOLZER

Growing up poor suck balls

;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2021, 02:11:08 PM »
Any problems that we have right now, it can be fix with money.  Even if you have a nagging wife or a cheating husband, you can pay them off to leave you alone for good.  Everything has a price basically. 

When you retire, we are hoping that you don't have any problem.  Without any problem, you don't need money.  The only problem you do have is to eat to survive or you are bored out of your mind but with a little bit of money can fix those too. 

We work to fill up our pot of gold.  When we retire, we do not have to fill up that pot of gold anymore and eat from it till it goes dry and hopefully by then, you then will die, leaving this world with nothing.  You were born into this world with nothing so might as well leave the world with nothing.  Your life insurance policy?  Enough to bury your azz so there is no burden to the living who has to bury your azz. 

Sounds good on paper and that is why I'm not retired yet.  Still haven't figure out the game  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements