Advertisement

Author Topic: dog owners. .What does your state law say about your dog biting a trespasser?  (Read 1248 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Say someone trespasses onto your property, maybe to burglarize your home and your dog bites him.  In your state, would you be liable for your dog's actions?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Liable if you did not warn them so have a sign on your fence that read, "forget the dog, beware of owner"

Then again, even that sign posted is valuable.  They steal that first.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In some states, if you put up the "beware of dog" sign, it means you knew your dog was aggressive so if your dog bit someone, you had a better chance of being fined more money and you'd lose easier too.

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
nowadays, you'll get into trouble just by looking at a stranger coming on to your property. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
In some states, if you put up the "beware of dog" sign, it means you knew your dog was aggressive so if your dog bit someone, you had a better chance of being fined more money and you'd lose easier too.

I have no dog but got 2 of the sign on my fence. 

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
I have no dog but got 2 of the sign on my fence.
becareful, with these nuts nowadays.  a crook can sue you for false advertisement. :2funny:

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
becareful, with these nuts nowadays.  a crook can sue you for false advertisement. :2funny:
or claim he got bit by your dog and the sign proved you had one.  ;D

captian

nowadays, you'll get into trouble just by looking at a stranger coming on to your property.
that isn't true at all. ya'll need to understand law more. a lot of misinformation comes from the old lady coffee spill which isn't correct. watch here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNWh6Kw3ejQ

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile

My son keep wishing I will get him a bulldog or German shepherd.  He got the sign for the fence and his bedroom door.

We lived on a lonely quiet street. No one really has a dog because most of our neighbors are just colleges student at UC Merced.  No dog barking crazy around here. 

Advertisements