Advertisement

Author Topic: Question scenario.  (Read 2492 times)

Jiggles

Question scenario.
« on: February 23, 2018, 02:14:43 PM »
You and all your adult siblings have keys to your parents house. You guys all used to live there and came and went as you pleased. All but one has moved out now, but all still hold a key to the parent's house. Only one brother remains living with the parents. He marries and now there is a sister in law and kids in the home. Should you still let yourself in whenever you go over? Should you knock? Does it change anything now that a sister in law lives in the home? Or does it not because it's the parent's home?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: Question scenario.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 02:33:26 PM »
knock knock.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 03:15:07 PM »
key point: Yalls grown up now!  ;)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 03:42:09 PM »
They need to knock or call ahead of time that they're coming around.  How hard is it for the brother to change the lock? 

My sister has a key to my house.  She live the closest to me. She always let the kids or I know when she's coming and to expect her.  If very late she can just open the door and let herself in. 

Offline AmazingGrace

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 11:30:15 PM »
If the sister-in-law doesn't mind its okay. I think you should at least call first before you go over though , or knock. I guess it depends what kind of family you are.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 05:49:03 PM »
Call first.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 06:55:45 PM »
Only people who live there should have the key. Yes, change the lock.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 07:44:11 PM »
If it's not my home anymore, I'd knock first.

But if no one is home and I need something inside, I'll just use my key to get in and tell them about it later.

You and all your adult siblings have keys to your parents house. You guys all used to live there and came and went as you pleased. All but one has moved out now, but all still hold a key to the parent's house. Only one brother remains living with the parents. He marries and now there is a sister in law and kids in the home. Should you still let yourself in whenever you go over? Should you knock? Does it change anything now that a sister in law lives in the home? Or does it not because it's the parent's home?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 11:54:06 AM »
it would be more appropriate to knock first...howeve r, family can let themselves in with an announcement.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 12:27:27 PM »
No need to knock with the Viets.  In Vietnam, our neighbors all our doors are left opened through out the day.  It is like a store business where you would be excited just to see a customer.

With kids all grown up, I wouldn't be surprised if these kids only visit their parents like 1x a year.  Open door policy for family n those have keys. Relatives still have to knock or call for an appointment. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 08:53:34 AM »
So, you charge your neighbors for entering your house, eh?

No need to knock with the Viets.  In Vietnam, our neighbors all our doors are left opened through out the day.  It is like a store business where you would be excited just to see a customer.

With kids all grown up, I wouldn't be surprised if these kids only visit their parents like 1x a year.  Open door policy for family n those have keys. Relatives still have to knock or call for an appointment.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 11:02:33 AM »

tis true for viets...you can just walk into his house, drink his beer, eat his Pho then Phouc dat bietch!   O0

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Advertisements