Advertisement

Author Topic: I need a new car  (Read 6594 times)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
I need a new car
« on: March 02, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »
Since my last vehicle was totaled I have been looking at some options. I have nail it down to 3 cars. The 2018 Honda accord or a new Toyota Tacoma, or a suv crossover. I am not to thrill at the hp of these new crossover, or the amount of trunk space in them. Seems to me full size family sedan has a bigger cargo space then these types of cars do :P

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: I need a new car
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 05:02:19 PM »
Suv are back, now that the gas prices are lower and these are no longer the gas guzzer engine it once was. 

Take a look at the gmc terrain.  Has better gas milage than a Camry and it's an SUV.   25k to buy is affordable average prices for a decent car these days. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 05:03:51 PM »
I too am looking to get me another one.  This time around, I'mma go the pay in full method.  I always wanted to open up a suitcase full of money and dump it on his table and have the finance manager to count it all. 

Cash play.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

flint-rod

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 05:15:51 PM »
a 4dr sedan, a compact truck, or a crossover... seems to me like you still need some time to figure out what your needs are...

i'm eyeing a sports sedan... i have a family van, a truck, and an suv... thinking about an is350 or a tlx or even the newest camry with 300 horses...

flint-rod

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 05:16:49 PM »
or even an older ls460... price range... 25k to 30k...

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 05:35:54 PM »
We already have a suv and a truck but both vehicles are older. We love our honda pilot. It has never let us stranded or gave us any major problems. But we drove this thing every where and its time we retire her to in-town commute only. My truck is a 95 Toyota t100 that I bought a long time ago and its not suitable for family outings due the lack of safety features. I'm stuck at a crossroad. I want to be selfish and say screw the wife and the kids...its all about me ;D

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »
when I'm ready for a kid, I want a mao van....for now I'm fine w/ my suv and the stupid stick shift ...he wants a truck and I said SURE! sell the stupid stick shift... :P

I miss driving a manual car. It keeps you busy and it makes you feel like you're in control. I am really digging the new honda accord. When I first saw the pictures I  didn't like it but I went to see it in person and its night and day difference. It looks great. It comes in manual to O0

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 01:35:03 PM »
if you're looking for a new car, get something worthy ...like a 2018 lexus, mercedes benz or Fee-R-ree!

my recommendation is leasing instead of making a purchase, cars often loses their value, i hate working on them, hate the up keep...always liked the latest techno music, i mean technology in cars so having to drive the latest car every 2 years is a plus.  sure it feels good to eventually own a car but it feels a lot more exciting driving a new one. 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 04:35:11 PM »
I'm glad that a lot of the manual transmissions in newer cars are becoming obsolete ...I don't miss driving it at all especially in a congested city like mine where ur daily commute is jammed packed with rush hour traffic and all u want to do is just relax after a long tiring day on your drive back from work ...I don't know how I did it for the past 20+ yrs. of my life...I started when I was a teenager and that was my only option as my father did not have any automatics or couldn't afford automatics as it was more expensive...

I like the look of the new Honda accord too...for the most part, I just want a working AUTOMATIC car that can drive

I know how you feel. It can get tire some after so many stop and go traffic. I grew up driving a manual car all my life and the fact that stick shifts are becoming obsolete is my biggest reasoning for buying one before they're gone forever. Did you say you were selling your s2k? ;)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »
if you're looking for a new car, get something worthy ...like a 2018 lexus, mercedes benz or Fee-R-ree!

my recommendation is leasing instead of making a purchase, cars often loses their value, i hate working on them, hate the up keep...always liked the latest techno music, i mean technology in cars so having to drive the latest car every 2 years is a plus.  sure it feels good to eventually own a car but it feels a lot more exciting driving a new one.

I don't like renting cars...but the Laferrari fxx-k evo would look great in my garage and even better with me in it 8) ;D

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 05:21:41 PM »
but then again, you've had it since you were in your 20s...I'm sure you've done it all and its boring for you :P

captian

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 05:30:35 PM »
what's your price range?

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 06:26:12 PM »
what's your price range?

$30k for family sedans
$40k for trucks

can

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »
sometimes i think about buying a car but city life makes it so hard to own one.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »
sometimes i think about buying a car but city life makes it so hard to own one.

You don't own a car. How do you commute on the daily ???

Advertisements