Advertisement

Author Topic: I need a new car  (Read 6592 times)

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +52
    • View Profile
Re: I need a new car
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 07:08:39 PM »
You don't own a car. How do you commute on the daily ???

Man

Like this post: 0
'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

Adverstisement

Sleipnir

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 11:23:35 PM »
I say get what “YOU” want...  even if it’s a 99 Integra with a JDM front clip and Spoon tuned b18c5.  Get what you need think makes logical sense.

It’s my turn to get the next “new” car in the family.  My 07 v6 accord is aging with 220k and bought a new platinum Toyota Sequoia and downed half the negotiated sticker....  had to for the kids. 

But the next car is for me and I’m thinking used, but new to me, is a Lexus IS-F with the 5 liter V8 RWD.  It’s a one of a kind, sleeper M3 killer, commuter, fast, etc. etc.  I’m just saying we’ve done enough and it’s time to cash in on the promises we’ve made to ourselves when we were kids wishing for our dream car.

TurboTom has a great video on his on YouTube. And plenty of other folks have sexy vids of theirs on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndu5xJVisHM

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:33:26 PM by Sleipnir »

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 06:22:52 AM »
nah, bro....don't be like everybody else and buy a brand new car/truck/suv/.  get a use one.  cash a good used one and you'll be better off. 

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 07:12:56 AM »
I say get what “YOU” want...  even if it’s a 99 Integra with a JDM front clip and Spoon tuned b18c5.  Get what you need think makes logical sense.

It’s my turn to get the next “new” car in the family.  My 07 v6 accord is aging with 220k and bought a new platinum Toyota Sequoia and downed half the negotiated sticker....  had to for the kids. 

But the next car is for me and I’m thinking used, but new to me, is a Lexus IS-F with the 5 liter V8 RWD.  It’s a one of a kind, sleeper M3 killer, commuter, fast, etc. etc.  I’m just saying we’ve done enough and it’s time to cash in on the promises we’ve made to ourselves when we were kids wishing for our dream car.

TurboTom has a great video on his on YouTube. And plenty of other folks have sexy vids of theirs on YouTube.

The Lexus RX 400H or 450H is a pretty nice and efficient vehicle too, if you’re into mid-size SUVs and hybrids.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:27:28 AM by tRouBLe »

Like this post: +1
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 11:30:20 AM »

I'm done with the whole racing and speed scene although I do miss wrenching on cars every now and then. Btw, bmw recently revealed their concept M8 grand coupe. That thing is sharp O0 :o

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »
nah, bro....don't be like everybody else and buy a brand new car/truck/suv/.  get a use one.  cash a good used one and you'll be better off.

I didn't give the full details but I'm currently in the market for a new house too thats why I've been holding off on buying new.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »
$30k for family sedans
$40k for trucks

With this budget, you could get 2 cars. My daily is a 6 speed 08 TL Type S. My garage queen is an s2k.  O0. Only time I drive an auto is my wife’s Pilot or a rental car.  8)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 12:59:32 PM »
With this budget, you could get 2 cars. My daily is a 6 speed 08 TL Type S. My garage queen is an s2k.  O0. Only time I drive an auto is my wife’s Pilot or a rental car.  8)

I have always wanted one of those tl but I heard a lot of bad things about their transmission.

petal_rose

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 02:07:54 PM »
Since my last vehicle was totaled I have been looking at some options. I have nail it down to 3 cars. The 2018 Honda accord or a new Toyota Tacoma, or a suv crossover. I am not to thrill at the hp of these new crossover, or the amount of trunk space in them. Seems to me full size family sedan has a bigger cargo space then these types of cars do :P
i recently bought a honda element. AWD. it's amazing. i post pictures in here but i forgot how to do so.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 04:53:00 PM »
i recently bought a honda element. AWD. it's amazing. i post pictures in here but i forgot how to do so.

Nice. What year is it? Post up pictures. I was looking at the Honda Ridgeline also. Although the idea is great and a very versatile vehicle, I can't see myself in it.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 09:12:51 PM »
I have always wanted one of those tl but I heard a lot of bad things about their transmission.

6 speed = manual transmission  :P

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »

I test drove a used one before. It’s cool. Very versatile and deceivingly spacious.  O0

lazypirateday

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 04:13:11 AM »
I can't wait for Toyota's FT-AC to come over. I've had my Corolla for 12 years now and would not mind trading it in for the FT-AC  Crossovers are the hottest things right now.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 05:22:29 AM »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2018, 05:29:04 AM »

Yep, regarding "YOU" as "YOU" know your own situation better than others especially online folks like on PH...

Also agree that you should reward yourself in life too with a "dream car" or what ever...as it's meant to be lived..

Advertisements