Advertisement

Author Topic: The Shape of Water  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
The Shape of Water
« on: March 06, 2018, 03:44:01 PM »
Why did this movie napped best film at the Oscar?  I saw the preview and I thought it was alright.  This director, I love his other film, Pans Labrinth....a good blend of fantasy, historical, and horror. 

For those that watch this movie, did you like it?

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

captian

Re: The Shape of Water
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »
Why did this movie napped best film at the Oscar?  I saw the preview and I thought it was alright.  This director, I love his other film, Pans Labrinth....a good blend of fantasy, historical, and horror. 

For those that watch this movie, did you like it?
lol, you haven't seen the movie but don't understand why it won?  :2funny:

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 03:25:48 PM »
Well, the preview didn't seem interesting so i'm puzzle on the best film part  ;D ;D I'm press for time so i'm a little picky w/ my free time.  Arrggg........ ......maybe I should give this film a shot.  I was discriminating like  judging a book by it's cover - in this case, preview.  Did you watch it?

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 05:16:54 PM »
i heard it was real good, i need to make time to watch it will get back to yall later

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 10:19:39 PM »
done watching gotta say Aquaman was a good movie oops i meant the shape of water, i can see why it won its Oscars 

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 02:54:12 PM »
done watching gotta say Aquaman was a good movie oops i meant the shape of water, i can see why it won its Oscars
Ok.  I'll see if I can watch this week.

captian

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 02:04:39 PM »
Well, the preview didn't seem interesting so i'm puzzle on the best film part  ;D ;D I'm press for time so i'm a little picky w/ my free time.  Arrggg........ ......maybe I should give this film a shot.  I was discriminating like  judging a book by it's cover - in this case, preview.  Did you watch it?
but you've enjoyed the director's other films.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 09:07:28 PM »
I finally watched the movie n can understand why it won best picture - brilliant cinematography but not too crazy w/ the story line.  I didn't realize this was a rated "R" movie so that was a surprised n a little uncomfortable - especially sandwich between two strangers while the screen became a little steamy.  One episode was a little graphic so hid my face  under my coat till the whole thing passed but unfortunately couldn't plug my ears.

I have to give this director credit for thinking outside the box, coming up w/ the weirdest and beyond a normal person's imagination story line or characters.  Maybe he's a little abnormal hahahah... But brilliant.

captian

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 01:35:12 PM »
I finally watched the movie n can understand why it won best picture - brilliant cinematography but not too crazy w/ the story line.  I didn't realize this was a rated "R" movie so that was a surprised n a little uncomfortable - especially sandwich between two strangers while the screen became a little steamy.  One episode was a little graphic so hid my face  under my coat till the whole thing passed but unfortunately couldn't plug my ears.

I have to give this director credit for thinking outside the box, coming up w/ the weirdest and beyond a normal person's imagination story line or characters.  Maybe he's a little abnormal hahahah... But brilliant.
why didn't you ask me, i woulda took you.

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 03:09:36 PM »
**spoiler**

i know this is a sci-fi movie, but there's a part involving water in the bathroom i didn't find it believable. like com' on, you can't use towels to block the door. otherwise, a great movie. O0

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 03:55:56 PM »
Even though I did not like the story line, I'm slowly becoming a fan of this director.  He comes up w/ the strangest story line, amazing directorial skill, music score perfectly matched, etc..  I'm actually looking forward to his next project, whatever that'll be.  Believe it or not, I still think about the ending scene- beautiful & mesmerizing.  In my head, I even imagine them going over - to that far far off ocean and now probably back home in the Amazon... ;D ;D ;D

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 04:46:44 PM »
dont know if i miss it but did they ever explain who the amphibian man was and where did it come from, all i remember was people in the south idolize him as a god ?

Offline WildRedLotus

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 09:14:54 AM »
I also saw this movie and I didn't know what the hell I was watching.. :-\

Advertisements