Advertisement

Author Topic: If the 2019 Supra has "no manual", it's a deal breaker IMO  (Read 3413 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1320
    • View Profile
If the 2019 Supra has "no manual", it's a deal breaker IMO
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:35:05 AM »
Toyota Supra gets turbocharged inline-six, no manual transmission

The 2018 Geneva Motor Show finally brought us the long awaited return of the Toyota Supra, sort of. Initials details are scarce, but a roundtable with Toyota engineer Tetsuya Tada — the man behind both the Supra and the Toyota 86 — revealed a number of new details, both good and bad. The Supra will in fact get a turbocharged inline-six, but those hoping for a manual transmission are out of luck.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: If the 2019 Supra has "no manual", it's a deal breaker IMO
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 12:24:33 PM »
same here.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »
No thanks for me  ;D

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Hitokiri

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 08:38:17 PM »
We are children of the 90's.  ;D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 10:57:34 PM »
They calling it The Toyota 86. Had me fooled there for a minute since I thought it was just a fancy name for a Supra 86 edition tribute.  I once owned an 89 Supra used in 1996.  Fun to drive.  Sold it to a white guy who bought it for his son as his first car.  Imagine getting pops to buy you a sports car as your first.  Too spoiled. 

Was at an auction back in the late 90s.  Car drug seizure auction by the government.  A red hot Supra caught my eyes as well as others.  Bid won at 11k.  Car probably worth 7k.  It is the extras that had the China man who bought it.  That hood was popped and had literally everything I knew about back in the big exhaust days.  Turbo included.  I stopped bidding at 7 grand cuz that's about all the cash I had on me.  Had I knew about finance and borrowing against my credit card, that car would of been mine at about 15k.  I know I know.  Auction can do that to a man who wants it badly enough.  I also lost bid on a fairlady.  Black on black she was hot. 

I ended up getting me a beater commuter at 2800 plus fees.  She was just dirty with the sand n dust and all but when cleaned, her paint was a mirror, best refecting against the fallen sun.  She came with chrome star rims too.  I loved that car till this day.  Fawking ex gf wrecked it.  I was hysterical for 5 mins but got over it fast knowing that she felt bad for totalling it.  Went to the same auction by the following week n got myself an SUV. New ride, new gf.  Now new car, new gf too.  Planning to get me another one so history to repeat itself but I might keep the girl this time around.  Getting old factor cuz chasing tails at an older age requirements are set higher these days. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements