Advertisement

Author Topic: Should i sell my 2nd car ??  (Read 4063 times)

Special_K

Should i sell my 2nd car ??
« on: March 13, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »
I just bought a new car a month ago and my 1st car has just been sitting there. The 1st car is a Honda Civic, 2nd is a small SUV but takes premium only. I thought about keeping the 1st car as a gas saver cause nothings wrong with it, but recently my younger brother has been driving it more and more and moved all his other stuff into. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother and wouldn't mind but he has 3 cars sitting out on the lot and he thinks now that I have the civic just sitting around he doesn't need to fix his cars. He has a small family, my nephew and sister in law. They are young and irresponsible. All his cars look like bumper cars, his first car I bought him, he totaled the 1st day driving to work... I mean if he was responsible I wouldn't mind. He just isn't and I'm too much of a softy to say NO to him. ARGH

I've got a buyer for $4500.00 but am so attached to the car, I couldn't let go of the title.

Sell? Be Mean? Say No?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: Should i sell my 2nd car ??
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 11:34:55 AM »
just my opinion. 

sell it if you don't feel the need for it.  your brother will just have to deal with it. 

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:54:02 AM »
don't sell it, jut borrow it to me.  :-* ;D

regardless of use, it is always good to have a back up car. 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:14:19 PM »
Time to say good bye.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 12:23:58 PM »
Why did you buy a car that you don't need?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 12:40:23 PM »
No sell.  Allow brother to drive under a conditional that it is still your car.  He drives so he better pay for wear n tear n dmv tags n insurance but it is still your car until you come up n be detach from it. 

Only time will cure your love for the car that you once fawk in. Tell me about it.   I still have mine.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 02:14:37 PM »
YOu know..

I would never sell my cars..

But I do know what you are going through.

I have a couple of brother's..

One wrecks all his cars...

and the other just don't really know how to care for cars and they end up breaking..

So as I left my cars at my mom's place becuase I don't drove them, I thought about letting them my car but then I was like no, I'm not.  Why?  becuase I know if I let them use it, I'll never see them agian. 

I bought my youngest brother a car... and it's wrecked, it's not his fault per say.. but it's still wrecked and when I went back to look at the car, before it got wrecked, it was not looking in nice condition.

I say keep your car, you bought it, paid for it.

If you can bare to part ways with it, i guess.

Not me!  My cars unless they are stolen or wrecked, I'm keeping them forever.

I like alternating cars and switching them every other day or week driving them.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Special_K

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »
just my opinion. 

sell it if you don't feel the need for it.  your brother will just have to deal with it.

Def, that's how I feel. He will have to deal with it! Guess what he did when I told him I was selling the car? He fixes one of his cars last night. WTF!

Special_K

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 02:55:08 PM »
Sell it, otherwise you're just enabling your brother's irresponsible behavior. He'll be okay.

You're right! I've been enabling him forever. Maybe i'll just be mean and just say NO. Got to learn how to say no. Argh.

Special_K

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 02:56:29 PM »
don't sell it, jut borrow it to me.  :-* ;D

regardless of use, it is always good to have a back up car.

That's what I'm thinking. A back up car. It's in fine condition, no rust and it's never given me issues.

Special_K

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 02:57:21 PM »
Time to say good bye.

It's so hard! My first brand new car after college. So many memories.

Special_K

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 02:58:35 PM »
Why did you buy a car that you don't need?

I live in MN. Small car equals get stuck in 10-12 inches of snow. = tow truck = $$$$, so I decided to get an SUV and I mistakenly got into a Lexus and fell in love.

Special_K

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »
YOu know..

I would never sell my cars..

But I do know what you are going through.

I have a couple of brother's..

One wrecks all his cars...

and the other just don't really know how to care for cars and they end up breaking..

So as I left my cars at my mom's place becuase I don't drove them, I thought about letting them my car but then I was like no, I'm not.  Why?  becuase I know if I let them use it, I'll never see them agian. 

I bought my youngest brother a car... and it's wrecked, it's not his fault per say.. but it's still wrecked and when I went back to look at the car, before it got wrecked, it was not looking in nice condition.

I say keep your car, you bought it, paid for it.

If you can bare to part ways with it, i guess.

Not me!  My cars unless they are stolen or wrecked, I'm keeping them forever.

I like alternating cars and switching them every other day or week driving them.

The poster - I agree. I would love to alternate cars. Especially if it'll help me save on gas. HmmMM.. I think I just need to learn how to say NO and be mean.

Special_K

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 03:07:15 PM »
No sell.  Allow brother to drive under a conditional that it is still your car.  He drives so he better pay for wear n tear n dmv tags n insurance but it is still your car until you come up n be detach from it. 

Only time will cure your love for the car that you once fawk in. Tell me about it.   I still have mine.

Duma - Honestly if he was half as responsible there would be no question now. The 1st car I every bought him, he wrecked it same day. WTF. All his cars, wrecked. I just can't trust him enough. I left for out of town and he drove the car all weekend not even informing me and the car was a mess...

I would love to keep it. This shouldn't be this hard.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 03:14:43 PM »
Duma - Honestly if he was half as responsible there would be no question now. The 1st car I every bought him, he wrecked it same day. WTF. All his cars, wrecked. I just can't trust him enough. I left for out of town and he drove the car all weekend not even informing me and the car was a mess...

I would love to keep it. This shouldn't be this hard.

Your relationship with you blood is half azz, if you asking me.

If I know if he going to die tomorrow, the least I know what I did for him.  If he wreck it again, it'll be another lesson for him.  If you have no use for it, parked, consider that as being wreck anyway. 

I give it away to someone who needs it.  My first car was well invested in myself.  Then I gave it to a cousin that went to school for it.  He then gave it to his sister and now all three are college grad with one a pharmacist this coming May for graduation. 

Selling it will yield you money but money will dry eventually.  If it sucks your money like tags n insurance, give it away so others can babysit it for you.  The car will still be in the family.

I dunno.  We Viet n we are family bound first, no matter how worst they get.  People can't be stupid forever. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements