Advertisement

Author Topic: Should i sell my 2nd car ??  (Read 4061 times)

Special_K

Re: Should i sell my 2nd car ??
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 03:34:04 PM »
Your relationship with you blood is half azz, if you asking me.

If I know if he going to die tomorrow, the least I know what I did for him.  If he wreck it again, it'll be another lesson for him.  If you have no use for it, parked, consider that as being wreck anyway. 

I give it away to someone who needs it.  My first car was well invested in myself.  Then I gave it to a cousin that went to school for it.  He then gave it to his sister and now all three are college grad with one a pharmacist this coming May for graduation. 

Selling it will yield you money but money will dry eventually.  If it sucks your money like tags n insurance, give it away so others can babysit it for you.  The car will still be in the family.

I dunno.  We Viet n we are family bound first, no matter how worst they get.  People can't be stupid forever.

actually duma, people can be stupid forever. You buy and buy and buy stuff for them and they take and take. Never caring or being as responsible for items that isn't theirs. I agree with you. If it were my sister's or my other brothers, I'd give it to them. I've given my other cars to family members and they've treasured it. Clothes, toys, gaming stations.. etc.. I've bought and given plenty my whole life. So don't lecture me on Being Viet or Hmong. I'm glad shit's worked out for your family. I guess I wasn't clear. My little brother is a spoiled self entitled brat unlike other's in the family. (largely because I've allowed him to be)  prefer to drive mine instead of fixing his own. I guess telling him I was selling the car worked, because he fixed his car last night and guess what it needed? Back lights.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 04:55:41 PM »
It's so hard! My first brand new car after college. So many memories.

I totally understand, I had a few of those. But I knew it had to go. It’s time for new memories.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 05:07:42 PM »
Hob yau!

I live in MN. Small car equals get stuck in 10-12 inches of snow. = tow truck = $$$$, so I decided to get an SUV and I mistakenly got into a Lexus and fell in love.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 05:40:29 PM »
I just bought a new car a month ago and my 1st car has just been sitting there. The 1st car is a Honda Civic, 2nd is a small SUV but takes premium only. I thought about keeping the 1st car as a gas saver cause nothings wrong with it, but recently my younger brother has been driving it more and more and moved all his other stuff into. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother and wouldn't mind but he has 3 cars sitting out on the lot and he thinks now that I have the civic just sitting around he doesn't need to fix his cars. He has a small family, my nephew and sister in law. They are young and irresponsible. All his cars look like bumper cars, his first car I bought him, he totaled the 1st day driving to work... I mean if he was responsible I wouldn't mind. He just isn't and I'm too much of a softy to say NO to him. ARGH

I've got a buyer for $4500.00 but am so attached to the car, I couldn't let go of the title.

Sell? Be Mean? Say No?

Your car, your life, your call.... With that said, enabling can be very bad especially someone you know that is not responsible or doesn't have good judgment..

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:45:26 PM by theking »

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 08:32:38 AM »
I live in MN. Small car equals get stuck in 10-12 inches of snow. = tow truck = $$$$, so I decided to get an SUV and I mistakenly got into a Lexus and fell in love.
well...since you got into a lexxusess...yo u should sell the crappy old car.  wasting money on insurance, tabs and sometimes maintenance is a waste of money..not only that but it's a prime target for vandalism or auto theft and if it happens, value of car goes down.  get rid of it.  sell it to Duma.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

bloggersdigest

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 09:12:28 AM »
I just bought a new car a month ago and my 1st car has just been sitting there. The 1st car is a Honda Civic, 2nd is a small SUV but takes premium only. I thought about keeping the 1st car as a gas saver cause nothings wrong with it, but recently my younger brother has been driving it more and more and moved all his other stuff into. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother and wouldn't mind but he has 3 cars sitting out on the lot and he thinks now that I have the civic just sitting around he doesn't need to fix his cars. He has a small family, my nephew and sister in law. They are young and irresponsible. All his cars look like bumper cars, his first car I bought him, he totaled the 1st day driving to work... I mean if he was responsible I wouldn't mind. He just isn't and I'm too much of a softy to say NO to him. ARGH

I've got a buyer for $4500.00 but am so attached to the car, I couldn't let go of the title.

Sell? Be Mean? Say No?

Somewhat in the same boat.  Not wanting to see my first car go to anyone else, but still don't want to keep it in the family because my brother can not take care of a car...

Like this post: +1

Special_K

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 09:29:54 AM »
UPDATE:

Last night like little teenagers, my g-friends and I packed the car and went for a long cruise. Ended up at a buddies house in the boonies and drank a bit like we didn't have to be adults the next morning. It was his birthday! This morning I'm paying for it! These old achy bones can't be up all night anymore.

OHhH and I decided to sell the car. Going to the DMV this afternoon!

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 11:33:05 AM »
I'm in need of a car. Donate it to me :)

Special_K

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 03:48:51 PM »

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:15:52 AM by Reporter »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 04:18:42 PM »
Oh, well.

Should have seen this earlier!  O0

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 05:44:43 PM »
Yes! When you have a newer car girlfriend, you will not drive that older car anymore. I bought a new car a few years ago and have not even ride/touch in my older car since then.

Advertisements