Advertisement

Author Topic: Question: If another person's name is on a car title with you..  (Read 4217 times)

Special_K

How can you sell the car without having to contact the other party or can you sell without their consent?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
Re: Question: If another person's name is on a car title with you..
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 03:08:25 PM »
forge it, otherwise when you get to the DMV, they will want the other signature, make sure date is same.  you may need to lie that the other person is your spouse or something otherwise, dmv will not make the transfer. 

this is why it's wise not to cosign or make purchases on items that requires the transfer of title.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 03:25:18 PM »
I think it's easy to sell a car that your name is not in the title on craigslist.  The buyer will never know.

They will only know if the owner report the car stolen.  I had my brother sold my car for me.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 04:33:21 PM »
How can you sell the car without having to contact the other party or can you sell without their consent?

Depends on how the title was signed..."and" ..."or"...also depends on the state as policies can vary...

You may be able to remove the co-owner too by filling out a form at your local dmv before selling..

Best to check with your local dmv and/or its website for the most up to date info...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 04:35:45 PM »
forge it, otherwise when you get to the DMV, they will want the other signature, make sure date is same.  you may need to lie that the other person is your spouse or something otherwise, dmv will not make the transfer. 

this is why it's wise not to cosign or make purchases on items that requires the transfer of title.

Dunce but I don't expect the Trump disciple to see other variables ...

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 07:57:51 AM »
Dunce but I don't expect the Trump disciple to see other variables ...
LOL...a dunce is one who thinks he can just fill out a form and have a person remove from title.  a dunce is one who's too stupid to see loop holes.  a dunce is one who thinks being honest is going to make his life a whole lot easier.  a dunce is one who won't depreciate or make lower the sale's price of his vehicle on paper (even though he's already gotten paid his full price) so the buyer can pay less in taxes.  a dunce is you!

here's the facts, many DMV offices and other government agencies recognize ONLY the title to verify vehicle ownership.  sellers don't even need to be present to do a title transfer, just as long as you have the appropriate signatures and there isn't a lien (odo reading, sales price, date (within 10 days before transfer) and any other minor details can be filled out by the buyer)...who cares if it's forged?  people are often present only because they want to execute the final sale, making sure to take them off of any liability on the vehicle.  The dmv cares more about the taxes and fees. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 09:13:14 AM »
LOL...a dunce is one who thinks he can just fill out a form and have a person remove from title.  a dunce is one who's too stupid to see loop holes.  a dunce is one who thinks being honest is going to make his life a whole lot easier.  a dunce is one who won't depreciate or make lower the sale's price of his vehicle on paper (even though he's already gotten paid his full price) so the buyer can pay less in taxes.  a dunce is you!

here's the facts, many DMV offices and other government agencies recognize ONLY the title to verify vehicle ownership.  sellers don't even need to be present to do a title transfer, just as long as you have the appropriate signatures and there isn't a lien (odo reading, sales price, date (within 10 days before transfer) and any other minor details can be filled out by the buyer)...who cares if it's forged?  people are often present only because they want to execute the final sale, making sure to take them off of any liability on the vehicle.  The dmv cares more about the taxes and fees.

Still dunce but what do you expect from the invalid trump disciple that proudly goes by lies and fakes instead of facts...What a dunce!

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 09:45:18 AM »
Still dunce but what do you expect from the invalid trump disciple that proudly goes by lies and fakes instead of facts...What a dunce!
a dunce is one whom just been proven wrong with common sense and can't cum up with a response.  the dunce is you!   ;D ;D

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:42:31 AM by ZDN »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 07:34:45 PM »
a dunce is who one whom just been proven wrong with common sense and can't cum up with a response.  the dunce is you!   ;D ;D

"a dunce is who one whom" that has been proudly supporting lies and fakes but is claiming "proven" and "fact" now.

I know you really enjoy licking your master trump's balls and swallowing every drop of his sperm so that's a reason why you proudly supports lies and fakes like your master and can't "cum up with" anything "new" and/or don't have any  "common sense"...

"the dunce is" ...the trump disciple! ;D ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 07:59:48 PM »
So, that sedan isn't your car?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Special_K

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 11:01:23 AM »
So, that sedan isn't your car?

It's my car. I pay for it, but that day when I purchased it, my ex (now) was with me and we are no longer together. The salesman at the time said since my ex had purchased a car thru them before, we could get a discount (2,000.00) if he provided his information. Which my ex did, but before he did, I had asked specifically if he provided his info., his name will not go on the sale of the car. The salesman said yes, low and behold, I receive the title, and my ex's name is on it. I called the salesman and he said sorry, just go to the DMV and take his name off. I'm like WTF, no you fix it or let me talk to your supervisor. He transferred me to his supervisor and I have not heard back from them.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 11:28:32 AM »
It's my car. I pay for it, but that day when I purchased it, my ex (now) was with me and we are no longer together. The salesman at the time said since my ex had purchased a car thru them before, we could get a discount (2,000.00) if he provided his information. Which my ex did, but before he did, I had asked specifically if he provided his info., his name will not go on the sale of the car. The salesman said yes, low and behold, I receive the title, and my ex's name is on it. I called the salesman and he said sorry, just go to the DMV and take his name off. I'm like WTF, no you fix it or let me talk to your supervisor. He transferred me to his supervisor and I have not heard back from them.
well, it sounds like you will have to do a favor for a favor... unless you forged his name.  :D ;D

Special_K

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 11:42:58 AM »
Zdn- it wasn't a favor. Lexus gives u a loyalty discount if you own or have purchased a Lexus before. He didn't do us a favor and give it to me ..

Ill prob have to forge the ex's name. LOL.

Special_K

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 11:58:48 AM »
Reporter.. both our names are on the title. 

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 12:03:31 PM »
Zdn- it wasn't a favor. Lexus gives u a loyalty discount if you own or have purchased a Lexus before. He didn't do us a favor and give it to me ..

Ill prob have to forge the ex's name. LOL.
what i meant is a favor ;) for your Ex, to get him to sign....LOL.

I had the very same issue, believe it or not, it was also a lexus.

just forge it and give the title to buyer to make the transfer.  just make sure, the odometer reading is on there, sales price and both signatures with dates (buyer has 10 days to make the transfer, otherwise, it will be voided and everyone will have to be present).  retain the lower stub for your records, make sure you have buyers info on there. 

Advertisements