Advertisement

Author Topic: work for yourself or for someone else  (Read 1465 times)

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +23
    • View Profile
work for yourself or for someone else
« on: March 19, 2018, 10:03:38 PM »
essentially, everyone is their own business...you go to work for someone, you're employer is like your client...they hire you to do a job for them....man... .i never thought of it that way!

yeah..i say unless you have a real knack for attracting business....it doesn't matter if you're working for someone else...cus essentially you're working for yourself at the same time....I didn't get where Im at until later in life....I kind of just wished i saw it this way, i probably just stick to school, become a engineer or doctor and just live simply....real ly can't go wrong if your putting some benji's into 4o1k, and have lifetime health insurance...ha ha damnnn...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +243
    • View Profile
Re: work for yourself or for someone else
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:36:57 PM »
I have t hat option in the future. But I'd rather work for an employer than be my own boss. 

For one reason..

paperwork.   Getting all that paperwork for taxes and also for confidentialit y, lawsuits and such. it's a mess in this field.

Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 12:35:07 AM »
good for you man....i think as a youngster i was too pessimistic... .seeing people graduate and not able to land that dream job was discouraging.. .so i became a risk taker..luckily for me, i was lucky..haha but definitely, if you work hard for something you'll get it...eventuall y....gotta want it, work for it, and then get it...fate can't deny you when you deserve it...the safe way is the best way though.

Offline w1s3m0n

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 08:57:33 PM »
business ownership is about legacy and inheritance.  If you don't care about those two things, work a 9-5 job because it is less headache.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • NRUS MAS
  • Respect: +308
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:09:31 PM »
Working for yourself is endless revenues.  You want more, you work harder.

Working for other people is a steady income with a 1% annual raises. 

Not all can be self employed and not all would like to work for other people either. 

Plus the question that is more important is if what you are doing is worth your time. 

"There is a party up in here... Fawk you over there"  ha

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 12:42:45 AM »
You will always be working for someone. When you are an employee, you work for your supervisor and/or manager. When you are the manager,  you work for the owner. And when you're the owner, you work for the customers.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 09:40:17 PM »
As long as you're working for someone else you will always be replaceable. Nonetheless, the strategy when working for someone else is to assume lead positions as much as possible in order to appear desirable to other employers.

It doesn't matter how great you do your job. Taking on projects to completion is what gets you noticed. Now of course, there are some people who can just do their job and still get paid very well.   

Offline darkhelmet

• Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 09:35:20 PM »
Working for others, you are building their business for them.
Working for yourself, you are building your future.

One day, my boss came to work driving his Lamborghini.  I said, "Wow, that's a great car!".
He said, "Yes".... "If you work hard, do an excellent job and continue to improve our bottom line.... next year... I'll get another one."

Offline Renaissance

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm more happy working for myself.  Been working for myself for almost 20 years.  The only downside in my opinion is there is no security.  There are ups and downs but that's part of owning your own business. 

La Renaissance ~ The Rebirth

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 10:40:55 PM »
well folks, I just sold my self service car wash station...unfo rtunately, the person I hired to operate and manage the car wash is retiring and moving to Guam to live out the rest of his days...sold it for almost twice for when I purchase it from the previous owner..haha To me I think it was possible to find someone as reliable and trusting as he was, but I am tire of counting quarters...lol s

well, still got a few other businesses, I willprobably hand over strictly to my partners...had to go over things with the attourney first, to make sure it is safe to do so, and there is no breach of contract whatso ever..hahah

i am set for life....if some day my little neices or nephews or possibly future kids want to start their own business, I will help them out and show them the ropes...but for now, I am leaning more on just keep life simple, go to college and be a doctor or lawyer...cuz businesses is risky business...hah aha

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 11:14:12 PM »
forgot to mention....I am not trying to show off that I am wealthy...haha in fact I am not...I have just enough to live freely until my time is up...given there is no WWIII or major changes that money will have no more value...haha

but opportunities are out there...dreams are waiting to be catched...you want something bad enough, if there is a will, there is a way...but more importantly, you got to have heart...it's all about the aces of hearts baby...haha  8) but if you want to keep life simple...just go to college and get into a high demand field or something you're really good at, if its not ahigh demand feild...true passion and heart will get you very far in life.....

sorry folks, I'm just a little emotional..hah a I suffer so much inthe past....work so hard...and gave so much of life and time....and now I'm really leaving it all behind now because now I can...hahah nothing is easy folks...you want something, you better work for it...some people say they rather be lucky than good...I personally rather be good than lucky...becaus e when you work your ass off for something, you value the reward a million times more!!  8)

Going on  a long vacation now folks! take care! haha

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:19:48 PM by DaCurse »

Offline MyMysterious

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 11:56:19 AM »
I rather work for myself anyday, anytime! Working for someone is good but not all employers are good a treating their employees with compassion and understanding. For them it's all about $$$.

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 09:41:09 PM »
well folks...back from so-cal....just woke up after being awake for 3 days straight..haha j/k yo...feels like it though..everyt hing went smooth...infor m my partners, I am not renewing my business contracts with them...and they didn't care...or at least, they tried really hard not to show they were saddened but happy..haha well, right now it's all about what means more to me..and right now money isn't everything to me..haha I have too many grasshoppers, old and young that looks up to me..haha so i have to finish unfinish business...I started something a long time ago, put in on hold too long, been selfish, but in a good way...I love myself enough...now it's time to love others and finally, do the right thing...haha

Advertisements