Advertisement

Author Topic: work for yourself or for someone else  (Read 996 times)

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
work for yourself or for someone else
« on: March 19, 2018, 10:03:38 PM »
essentially, everyone is their own business...you go to work for someone, you're employer is like your client...they hire you to do a job for them....man... .i never thought of it that way!

yeah..i say unless you have a real knack for attracting business....it doesn't matter if you're working for someone else...cus essentially you're working for yourself at the same time....I didn't get where Im at until later in life....I kind of just wished i saw it this way, i probably just stick to school, become a engineer or doctor and just live simply....real ly can't go wrong if your putting some benji's into 4o1k, and have lifetime health insurance...ha ha damnnn...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +240
    • View Profile
Re: work for yourself or for someone else
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:36:57 PM »
I have t hat option in the future. But I'd rather work for an employer than be my own boss. 

For one reason..

paperwork.   Getting all that paperwork for taxes and also for confidentialit y, lawsuits and such. it's a mess in this field.

Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 12:35:07 AM »
good for you man....i think as a youngster i was too pessimistic... .seeing people graduate and not able to land that dream job was discouraging.. .so i became a risk taker..luckily for me, i was lucky..haha but definitely, if you work hard for something you'll get it...eventuall y....gotta want it, work for it, and then get it...fate can't deny you when you deserve it...the safe way is the best way though.

Offline w1s3m0n

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +36
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 08:57:33 PM »
business ownership is about legacy and inheritance.  If you don't care about those two things, work a 9-5 job because it is less headache.

Offline DuMa

• Sr. Poster
  • NRUS MAS
  • Respect: +298
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:09:31 PM »
Working for yourself is endless revenues.  You want more, you work harder.

Working for other people is a steady income with a 1% annual raises. 

Not all can be self employed and not all would like to work for other people either. 

Plus the question that is more important is if what you are doing is worth your time. 

"There is a party up in here... Fawk you over there"  ha

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 12:42:45 AM »
You will always be working for someone. When you are an employee, you work for your supervisor and/or manager. When you are the manager,  you work for the owner. And when you're the owner, you work for the customers.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 09:40:17 PM »
As long as you're working for someone else you will always be replaceable. Nonetheless, the strategy when working for someone else is to assume lead positions as much as possible in order to appear desirable to other employers.

It doesn't matter how great you do your job. Taking on projects to completion is what gets you noticed. Now of course, there are some people who can just do their job and still get paid very well.   

Offline darkhelmet

• Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 09:35:20 PM »
Working for others, you are building their business for them.
Working for yourself, you are building your future.

One day, my boss came to work driving his Lamborghini.  I said, "Wow, that's a great car!".
He said, "Yes".... "If you work hard, do an excellent job and continue to improve our bottom line.... next year... I'll get another one."

Offline lov1ngth3b3ach

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »
essentially, everyone is their own business...you go to work for someone, you're employer is like your client...they hire you to do a job for them....man... .i never thought of it that way!

yeah..i say unless you have a real knack for attracting business....it doesn't matter if you're working for someone else...cus essentially you're working for yourself at the same time....I didn't get where Im at until later in life....I kind of just wished i saw it this way, i probably just stick to school, become a engineer or doctor and just live simply....real ly can't go wrong if your putting some benji's into 4o1k, and have lifetime health insurance...ha ha damnnn...

No, it's not he same. Unless you own your own business you can't compare he two. There is nothing more rewarding than working for yourself to to have the freedom to work on your own time and not having to report to anyone. If I don't like how someone is treating me, I don't have to deal with them. You do what you want when you want. You put your blood and sweat into your business but in the end it's worth it.

When you work for someone else, you report to them, the harder you work the richer they get, when you want to go on vacation you put in the request and hope it gets approved. If you have a nasty boss or coworkers you're screwed. You're replaceable at anytime. And becoming an engineer or doctor is not going to allow you to live simply. My husband's dad was a doctor and he was gone all the time, never have time for the family. And as for putting your benjis into 401k, I wouldn't rely so much on that. You don't know what will happen 30-40 years from now with your health, what the tax rate will be, how much fees will be taken out, or the stock market. Why would I want to put my money in 401k making someone else rich when I can have control of my own money and put it to work for myself now. I always have an entrepreneur mindset, my days of reporting to someone else and dealing with nasty coworkers are over.   

Offline Renaissance

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm more happy working for myself.  Been working for myself for almost 20 years.  The only downside in my opinion is there is no security.  There are ups and downs but that's part of owning your own business. 

La Renaissance ~ The Rebirth

Advertisements