Advertisement

Author Topic: What do you guys think?  (Read 3210 times)

Offline FOREVER_SNY

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
What do you guys think?
« on: March 21, 2018, 10:37:15 AM »
Since i been married, my mom constantly calling me to tell my brother who is a single a guy that is dating a girl who been divorced with one child, my mom heard rumors from the aunts saying she a bad girl, lazy, not good, etc, she then go saying that there plenty of fish out there why he choose the someone stinky ass fish, which i have enough of her complaining i told her that it my brother choice and it his life she doesn't need to choose the girl for him, she should be happy for him that he finally find someone that he happy with. Also she need to stop listening to the rumors. My husband told to me stay away, focus on us making babies instead LOL ::),  and who care what my mom thinks because she soo judgement that she doesn't get along with anyone beside her family. What will you guys do if you were in my shoe?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys think?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »
 :D :2funny: :2funny:  i find it funny, right in the middle of something you're totally serious about and your man wants to have sex (*giving him the hi-5!*).

ok, you know your mom best...tell her to chillax.  i would also tell my brother to maybe, take the gf and mom out for dinner, maybe a proper introduction may change her mind. 

Like this post: +1
wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline FOREVER_SNY

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 10:57:41 AM »
:D :2funny: :2funny:  i find it funny, right in the middle of something you're totally serious about and your man wants to have sex (*giving him the hi-5!*).

ok, you know your mom best...tell her to chillax.  i would also tell my brother to maybe, take the gf and mom out for dinner, maybe a proper introduction may change her mind.

LOL..that all he can think about when i was being serious, because my brother last girlfriend didn't last long bc my mom didn't like her at all. I told her so many time to relax but she always wanted her way or the highway and she still not happy with me marry a mekas guy but we both are happy with each other. Anyways, we did that with his last girlfriend and it turn out to be bad, so we won't be doing that again.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 11:32:01 AM »

LOL..that all he can think about when i was being serious, because my brother last girlfriend didn't last long bc my mom didn't like her at all. I told her so many time to relax but she always wanted her way or the highway and she still not happy with me marry a mekas guy but we both are happy with each other. Anyways, we did that with his last girlfriend and it turn out to be bad, so we won't be doing that again.
maybe, your mom wants him with a white girl too.  ;D

Offline FOREVER_SNY

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 12:12:32 PM »
maybe, your mom wants him with a white girl too.  ;D

LOL..he dated one but it didn't work out, my mom wanted a girl who is a good girl who listen to the mother in law rules etc, my other brothers already not talking to her and this last one going to do the samething if she doesn't stop. then she going to play the pity card to everyone.  ::)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 01:41:19 PM »
Your mom is just one of those who thinks she can make her kids do what she said. Traditional but that is very outdated now. You did the right thing, it’s his life and what family do is we support one another.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

captian

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 01:51:42 PM »
Since i been married, my mom constantly calling me to tell my brother who is a single a guy that is dating a girl who been divorced with one child, my mom heard rumors from the aunts saying she a bad girl, lazy, not good, etc, she then go saying that there plenty of fish out there why he choose the someone stinky ass fish, which i have enough of her complaining i told her that it my brother choice and it his life she doesn't need to choose the girl for him, she should be happy for him that he finally find someone that he happy with. Also she need to stop listening to the rumors. My husband told to me stay away, focus on us making babies instead LOL ::),  and who care what my mom thinks because she soo judgement that she doesn't get along with anyone beside her family. What will you guys do if you were in my shoe?
your mom sounds crazy. don't be your mom. live your life. stay away from your mom.  O0

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 02:54:58 PM »
LOL..he dated one but it didn't work out, my mom wanted a girl who is a good girl who listen to the mother in law rules etc, my other brothers already not talking to her and this last one going to do the samething if she doesn't stop. then she going to play the pity card to everyone.  ::)
your fortune of being a daughter, your mom has no one to vent to, so you're it.  don't hate her for complaining, just listen and say, 'ok'  you don't have to do anything else, cause everyone else is an adult, they can do whatever they wish. 

Offline FOREVER_SNY

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 03:23:30 PM »
Thanks everyone! I'm trying my best!

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 03:35:58 PM »
Just keep doing what you've been doing.  Since you're her daughter, you need to be the voice of reasons even if she doesn't listen to you.  You never know, maybe...one of these days it might sink in and prevent her from having her way.  Not that she's listening to you but having people away from her corner will make her think a little bit before putting her ideas into actions.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline FOREVER_SNY

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 04:25:11 PM »
Just keep doing what you've been doing.  Since you're her daughter, you need to be the voice of reasons even if she doesn't listen to you.  You never know, maybe...one of these days it might sink in and prevent her from having her way.  Not that she's listening to you but having people away from her corner will make her think a little bit before putting her ideas into actions.

Thanks and hopefully she will change but i doubt she will ever change of who she is. all of us kids are pushing her away even my dad because he can't stand her complaining and nagging. Also my brother moving out so it easier for him once he married.

ImpatientAsTheWind

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »
I'm with your husband... just focus on making those babies.  Make love not war  :love8:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »
What will you guys do if you were in my shoe?

You mom sounds very narrow minded and ignorant along with being judgmental. I mean instead of basing her point of view on facts, she based it on "rumors".... :idiot2:

Sounds like the narrow minded ignorant that claimed "rare" steak are the best and gets all foamy at the mouth when others like their steaks done other ways i.e., "well done"... Even though it's common sense and common knowledge that taste buds can vary like many other subjective things like who's the better mate for your brother...FACT!!!

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 03:52:26 AM »
Mom knows best.  She has her opinion and no matter where she gets her facts from, she is obligated to voice her opinion.  She can be wrong but that doesn't mean she has no right in saying what she says to her own children and their well being.  Just because you guys grow pubic hair does not mean she stop worrying and caring.  Let her yap her talk cuz without it, she might as well die cuz there is nothing else important in her life to keep her occupied. 

I get it.  She's old or old school so with that, understand where she is coming from, the old school of fork knocks which might be obsolete but her do her role as a mom as she continues to Yap the yap that gets no where. 

You kids do what is best for you guys.  It is your world so live accordingly.  If you are tired of her yapping, tell her that you are tired of hearing it.  Tell her next time she yaps at you about other people's problem, you are going to call the police.  Bluffing the ignorant who doesn't know better might works.  Old folks are afraid of the police. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 01:33:57 PM »

Your husband is right. Focus on you two having more babies instead. You can't stop your brother from having one bad girlfriend after another. It also seems that's his taste and the way he is; so, let him be.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:36:27 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements