Advertisement

Author Topic: Can you still bring Hmong culture and be a Christian?  (Read 6221 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Re: Can you still bring Hmong culture and be a Christian?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 09:47:56 PM »
I've been listening to a lot of Hmong storytellers online. Through the stories I've learned so much about Hmong culture, customs, practices and Hmong spiritual beliefs. My conclusion is that Shamanism, while interesting, is nothing but playing with fire by tapping into the unknown spiritual world. Even if a shaman could do all those things it's still dangerous to open portals. The Hmong should be informed that they needn't engage with unknown and often times diabolical spirits. Doing so only leads to a never-ending lifetime of having to deal with them. The Creator loves them and it is better that they go directly to Him.

Before the Word was made known to the Hmong, they were left to use the old ways. But now that they have heard the Word, they should rejoice and be glad in it. They have been liberated! 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 11:41:01 PM »

Before the Word was made known to the Hmong, they were left to use the old ways. But now that they have heard the Word, they should rejoice and be glad in it. They have been liberated!

I know right? Thats why mormons have booths at hmong soccer tournaments to liberate people with the true teachings. Pretty sure the CMA, Baptist and even Catholic Meos are very happy with this.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 11:53:53 PM »
I know right? Thats why mormons have booths at hmong soccer tournaments to liberate people with the true teachings. Pretty sure the CMA, Baptist and even Catholic Meos are very happy with this.

Why are you so threatened by Hmong Mormons opening their own booth at tournaments? I could care less if 50 more denominations emerge. We are all put to the task of finding the truth. Nobody will find it for you. The Good Shepherd knows His sheep and His sheep knows him.

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 11:56:53 PM »
Why are you so threatened by Hmong Mormons opening their own booth at tournaments? I could care less if 50 more denominations emerge. We are all put to the task of finding the truth. Nobody will find it for you. The Good Shepherd knows His sheep and His sheep knows him.

Not sure why you wouldnt be threatened by mormons, especially if you believe your brand is the correct path. Many other non mormons are indeed threatened and critical of them, as evidenced by a thread in this forum,,,, unless youre a mromon then that would answer it.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 10:07:07 PM »
Not sure why you wouldnt be threatened by mormons, especially if you believe your brand is the correct path. Many other non mormons are indeed threatened and critical of them, as evidenced by a thread in this forum,,,, unless youre a mromon then that would answer it.

I'm not Mormon and I don't find their booth at soccer tournaments a threat.

Yengimer

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 10:44:55 PM »

The Mormons has two Testament. The Bible and also the Book of Mormons. Keep that in mind.

According to Mormons, we are children of God even before we we're born into this world. However, according to the Bible one cannot be a child of God prior to accepting salvation (adoption). You see, if we are born children of God then EACH of us would have no need of a savior and would all have to be subject to the conditions Adam and Eve were, as they did in order to require a savior (Christ) in our lives. You go explain that to the Mormons and see what they tell you.

Furthermore, Mormonism hinges on the idea that Jesus, Satan, and us are brothers because we're all spiritual children, even the angels were sons of God, so that makes us all one big family.  But, until you get past these notions of exaltation to godhood Mormons have been indoctrinated into, it's not going to get far using the Bible because Mormons down plays the Bible favoring their other Testament using it when it suits them mostly to gain naive Christian converts into their cult.

This is why.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 10:47:36 PM by Yengimer »

Yengimer

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2018, 12:40:25 AM »
Dont fall for the vwjtxheej rovtaw tuam ntuj decievers tricks. He blatantly cited a biased christian website hoping nobody would notice. If hes being disingenuous then i would actually think he has some grey matters upstairs. But if he truly believes that fiction then wow, hes even more wacky than one other christian (theafterlife)in here.

You dont even know what biased is if u think that christian website is baised??
prob dont even know how to tell bias from real wit cho dumb***

Yengimer

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2018, 07:26:37 PM »
It doesn't take a genius to see that basically the Mormons used Christianity's own playbook on itself. The Mormons is to Christianity what Christianity is to Judaism.

I'm not a Jewish, so how could I know? Jesus was a Jew but He founded Christianity. They're OT scripture. However, Judiasm is far closer to the scriptures than Mormonism. Mormonism and Christianity are two different religions.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 03:44:28 AM »
Mormonism borrowed and tamper the Christian bible so many times; yet, they refuse so stubbornly that they are wrong. The founder was a crazy white cult British man who found an angel rather than God. Angel didn't make man; God did. So why believe it with the lack of evidence of science and philosophy of reasons?faith It's nothing but LIES!

Shall we watch another video debate between a mormon vs. Christians again?

Advertisements