Advertisement

Author Topic: Back in the 80s, Pro Wings shoes at Payless Shoe Source was the best we can do  (Read 504 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..Took my daughter shoe shopping and took the photos below. I told her that she should be grateful that we're able to get her some mid-grade stuff because when I was a kid back in the early 80s, the best my mom could do for me new was Pro Wings brand shoes at Payless Shoe Source or used ones at the thrift stores:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 12:19:16 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Yeah growing up, the "new" shoes were hand downs or gifted from others.  Went to school with the rubber garden boots in winter time.  Yeah my feet were really cold when my shoes no longer fit inside those rubber boots.

Like this post: +1
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
I remembered a pair of Macgregor and this white kid said he liked my shoes and I’ve looked over and he has the same pair. We became friends and he went on to become famous for 15 minutes. He’s a good down to earth person but the ridicules from other immature kids were relentless. My kids now don’t even care about brand names things, said that’s just free advertising for the companies.

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Yeah growing up, the "new" shoes were hand downs or gifted from others.  Went to school with the rubber garden boots in winter time.  Yeah my feet were really cold when my shoes no longer fit inside those rubber boots.

"hand downs" applies to me too back in the days...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I remembered a pair of Macgregor and this white kid said he liked my shoes and I’ve looked over and he has the same pair. We became friends and he went on to become famous for 15 minutes. He’s a good down to earth person but the ridicules from other immature kids were relentless. My kids now don’t even care about brand names things, said that’s just free advertising for the companies.

Ah yes, I remembered the "Macgregor" shoes...

Good for your kids... O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Back in those early 80s days, the Nike brand wasn't that big but Adidas, Reebok, and Converse were...

..Until Michael Jordan and Phil Knight hook up in the mid 80s and then Nike left the rest in the dust.. ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Like I've said, Payless Shoe Source was the best I could do during those days:

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
Back in the 80s, I don't remember Minnesota has Payless Shoe store, but I do remember California has a lot. I always shop there and buy a new ones whenever my old shoe worn off.

I wonder why Payless Shoe close down. Took me years to figure out. There are expensive competitive shoe stores making Payless Shoe like an amateur.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements