Advertisement

Author Topic: My 2015 Altima SQUEAK when I braked and make this ROOOM ROOM sound  (Read 108619 times)

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Hello there... Ever since I got my tires rotated at Nissan Dealership, my brake squeak loudly. Do you guys know what could of been the problem? Also, ever since my partner changed my brakes, I guess he must of not done a good job, when I braked my brakes goes room room like it's accelerating. I don't know how to explain. My car doesn't drive as smooth as before but it brakes good and everything. I'm frustrated.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: My 2015 Altima SQUEAK when I braked and make this ROOOM ROOM sound
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 03:23:52 PM »
I don’t know much about brakes but I have never heard anyone describe the sound coming from the brakes with a “room room” sound.  Usually the sounds are, squeaking, grinding, thumping, squealing and scraping.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 03:55:57 PM »
Your pads probably not bedded properly?  Either that or the dust guards are scratching the rotors?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 04:15:14 PM »
I don’t know much about brakes but I have never heard anyone describe the sound coming from the brakes with a “room room” sound.  Usually the sounds are, squeaking, grinding, thumping, squealing and scraping.

YES it's a grinding noise...  ;D I don't know where I got that room room sound from but I tried. After my partner changed my brakes, when I stopped, it makes that noise. My bil said he doesn't hear it but my sisters and I we do. One of my other bil said maybe he didn't loosen it up. I'm like oh yo, I don't know either.

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »
Your pads probably not bedded properly?  Either that or the dust guards are scratching the rotors?

Ohhh, I'll have to tell my bil if that's possible too. Thanks for the suggestion. I feel like it's grinding onto my tires or something.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »
Theposter may be right on this one. That happened to me once. My uncle and I had to clean it and re-adjust the drums.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »
Okay! Thanks PL. I'll have to tell my bil and see if these could be the problem. At least I'm one step closer to finding the answer.  :)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 07:59:23 PM »
Happens to me right now too. I have a 2018 Acura Rdx, changed oil by jacking one side up and done with it. Drove for a few weeks and didn't notice any problems. But after leaving for a little over a month coming back from vacation. Every time you brake from 40mph or at higher speeds, it would make that rumbling(room-room) noise like you say. Sound like an uneven/flat tire slapping on the road surface. Today, I finally had time to inspect the brakes and swapped the two tires from the front as the sound seems to emanate  from there. But it did not fix the problem. Now, I'm considering dropping off at the stealer ship and pay them $170 just for a check up. If they don't find it, I plan on trading it as it cost too much to look rich. :2funny: I mean the premium gas, I would rather go diesel for a change. Just fall in love with the gas mileage and torque on those vigor, hilux, praedo in Thailand. Don't mind the knocking noise emanating from the engine at idle...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 08:55:56 PM »
Happens to me right now too. I have a 2018 Acura Rdx, changed oil by jacking one side up and done with it. Drove for a few weeks and didn't notice any problems. But after leaving for a little over a month coming back from vacation. Every time you brake from 40mph or at higher speeds, it would make that rumbling(room-room) noise like you say. Sound like an uneven/flat tire slapping on the road surface. Today, I finally had time to inspect the brakes and swapped the two tires from the front as the sound seems to emanate  from there. But it did not fix the problem. Now, I'm considering dropping off at the stealer ship and pay them $170 just for a check up. If they don't find it, I plan on trading it as it cost too much to look rich. :2funny: I mean the premium gas, I would rather go diesel for a change. Just fall in love with the gas mileage and torque on those vigor, hilux, praedo in Thailand. Don't mind the knocking noise emanating from the engine at idle...

How many miles on the ODO?  ???

Offline Griffith

• Adult Discussion
  • Respect: +70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 10:28:02 PM »
Hello there... Ever since I got my tires rotated at Nissan Dealership, my brake squeak loudly. Do you guys know what could of been the problem? Also, ever since my partner changed my brakes, I guess he must of not done a good job, when I braked my brakes goes room room like it's accelerating. I don't know how to explain. My car doesn't drive as smooth as before but it brakes good and everything. I'm frustrated.
sounds like you might need to replace your rotors. Uneven rotors will grind the breaks or cuz it to make wierd nosies. And double check the break pads. I've notice that some of them are a bit  big and you have to file it down a bit to make it fit properly. Try those ideas and see what the outcome is.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 05:20:54 PM »
How many miles on the ODO?  ???

Just about 8k miles. Mostly drive thru winters and occasional short weekend get away. I don't know, from experience, the front wheels should be locked up and unable to turn. But my RDX front wheels freely turn, it's not locked up when you put into "park". Just makes me wonders if I should bleed it and readjust the brakes. Going to the stealership may just be wasting money.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2019, 12:35:42 AM »
Just about 8k miles. Mostly drive thru winters and occasional short weekend get away. I don't know, from experience, the front wheels should be locked up and unable to turn. But my RDX front wheels freely turn, it's not locked up when you put into "park". Just makes me wonders if I should bleed it and readjust the brakes. Going to the stealership may just be wasting money.

2018 with 8k miles, it should still be under the bumper to bumper warranty, no??  ???

I say take advantage of the bumper to bumper warranty before it expires then you really have to pay if you need the stealership to fix things...

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2019, 05:48:38 PM »
Yes. It should still be covered under warranty but I'm just afraid they will tell me it's a normal wear and tear. It's arguable but some dealerships will press for service fees. It's ridiculous...

Advertisements