Advertisement

Author Topic: Per flint's thread, I did a Taco run to Colorado, stopped by the Vietnamese ...  (Read 3154 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...owned American town too. Vietnamese dude came all the way from Vietnam to buy that town a few years ago

.... Link to flint-rod's thread: http://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php/topic,393603.msg4919178.html#msg4919178

Heading east over the Sierra, no need to pull over for chain installation with my 4x4 Taco  O0:

Snow driving during daylight and at night:

Being able to do 80MPH most the way to Colorado was nice  O0 8):

Welcome to Colorado:

Denver, CO:

Mother Nature's creations...:

Be patient at the gate:

Motorcyclists kind of road:

Saw a Minnesotan:

View from above:

The fun begins:

Colorado River:

Rock climber's practice area:

Camping is cool, no need for hotel on this trip:

Heading back west, the Rockies in the back drop:

The American town that a Vietnamese man named Pham Dinh Nguyen bought a few yeas ago:

Staring at the Sierra now:

Back in Nevada, seeing Military air exercises was a bonus (the jet fighter is small but it's there):

Although it has close to 200K miles, the Taco ran like a champ on or off-road  O0 O0 O0!!!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:46:26 PM by theking »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

flint-rod

nice man... it appears you started in sac... took i-80 east to cheyenne... dropped down south on i-25 to denver and then  i-70 west back to cali...

i was in moab a couple of yrs back... short drive... roughly 5 hours... had i drove the taco, i would have done some of those 4x4 trails with it too...

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
Those rock formations are freaken stunning O0 :o

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I do not know where I got it from but I'm fearful to go on an exploration like that.  First off, I do not have the proper training in the outback survival tactics.  If I do, I wouldn't want to bring my lover on a trip of struggling.  I can survive by hiking for miles from being lost with no food but to carry her weight with me will slow us down and we both will die.  I walk fast she walks slow kind of a thing.  I guess you can say that reading articles of a random family on a happy trip that turns into a disaster.  Even with a bunch of money in your pocket, you are out in nowhere with no one there to help you, what you gonna do?  All it takes is one bad trip. 

However, I will go with the family only after I have done it first and knows my route by heart.  It means that help can be found nearby.  I have control instead of not being in control.  Like what if pirates rob you and leave you out there with nothing so now it is a survival story?  In redneck county, that could easily happen. 

This is coming from a guy who have lived in the high desert terrain before.  I walked in 100 degrees desert mountain scene with no shirt and no water cuz I liked it like that.  I carried my own weight cuz I was on a hunting trip for them rabbit and road runner.  Can't get them road runner to stand still for a shot but good rabbit action though.  Will never want to walk that life again.  Glad to have the experience though. Had to survive and be a lonely hermit cuz I just moved there, Barstow Cali, the high desert about 2 hours away from Vegas and with no friends, you just have to find dangerous activities to keep myself busy.  This was when I was at my best shape in my life too.  You can say that rural life is not for me.  I will walk for miles just to escape that life but with friends and they too knows what they are doing, I'm game.  I just don't like to be a missing person case because I stop by a bar out in nowhere and them hell's angels gonna bury me out there in the desert.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Nice truck and nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.  O0

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
damn!!  those are some very nice sceneries.  thnks for the share.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
nice man... it appears you started in sac... took i-80 east to cheyenne... dropped down south on i-25 to denver and then  i-70 west back to cali...

i was in moab a couple of yrs back... short drive... roughly 5 hours... had i drove the taco, i would have done some of those 4x4 trails with it too...

Moab is a nice little town run by these:

Like this post: 0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Those rock formations are freaken stunning O0 :o

Yes, especially in person... O0:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I do not know where I got it from but I'm fearful to go on an exploration like that.  First off, I do not have the proper training in the outback survival tactics.  If I do, I wouldn't want to bring my lover on a trip of struggling.  I can survive by hiking for miles from being lost with no food but to carry her weight with me will slow us down and we both will die.  I walk fast she walks slow kind of a thing.  I guess you can say that reading articles of a random family on a happy trip that turns into a disaster.  Even with a bunch of money in your pocket, you are out in nowhere with no one there to help you, what you gonna do?  All it takes is one bad trip. 

However, I will go with the family only after I have done it first and knows my route by heart.  It means that help can be found nearby.  I have control instead of not being in control.  Like what if pirates rob you and leave you out there with nothing so now it is a survival story?  In redneck county, that could easily happen. 

This is coming from a guy who have lived in the high desert terrain before.  I walked in 100 degrees desert mountain scene with no shirt and no water cuz I liked it like that.  I carried my own weight cuz I was on a hunting trip for them rabbit and road runner.  Can't get them road runner to stand still for a shot but good rabbit action though.  Will never want to walk that life again.  Glad to have the experience though. Had to survive and be a lonely hermit cuz I just moved there, Barstow Cali, the high desert about 2 hours away from Vegas and with no friends, you just have to find dangerous activities to keep myself busy.  This was when I was at my best shape in my life too.  You can say that rural life is not for me.  I will walk for miles just to escape that life but with friends and they too knows what they are doing, I'm game.  I just don't like to be a missing person case because I stop by a bar out in nowhere and them hell's angels gonna bury me out there in the desert.

We had our limits too with our little one so we'll wait until she's old enough to visit these spots:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Nice truck and nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.  O0

Thanks and welcome!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
damn!!  those are some very nice sceneries.  thnks for the share.

Yes, and welcome. Can't wait til our daughter is old enough so we can explore the more extreme spots that Mother Nature has provided...

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
Moab is famous for off roading and mountain bikers O0

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile

flint-rod

nice, thanks for sharing your roadtrips with us...

looks like a fun scenic trip...but wouldn't wanna do it during the scorching hot summer time ...

that's why he did it now... durh...! lol! ;D

flint-rod

here we go again...your menstrual started early! I'm not due until the end of the month

well gosh... ain't no one said for you to do it in the summer months... that's why he did it now... NTUJ LOS NTUJ ES!

Advertisements