Advertisement

Author Topic: Laos has come a long way!!!  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
Laos has come a long way!!!
« on: April 25, 2018, 09:35:33 AM »
There are programs where Hmong students (meaning the brightest students) in Laos can go overseas to first world countries to visit or study.

The latest one I got to talk to is a 20 year-old Hmong female student from Laos going to Japan.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:05:49 AM by Solemn Wind »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Laos has come a long way!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »
If it is a poor student going studying abroad and government sponsor then that's good.  If the kids are from rich parents or worst yet, kids of political officials then I already have experiences with those kind. 

My Malaysian roomie was from the poor side.  The other girl was from the commie family side.  She was so arrogant that she gets in trouble on purpose just to have her daddy bail her out.  She has a card so of speak so when she breaks some common laws, she would just bust that out and cops who knows would let her go with a warning. 

There are also the Richie kids from non political family.  They blend in well but the only difference is that their parents would pump money into their accounts on a monthly basis.  These are the ballers kids who don't eat ramen noodles as a starving student like you and I.  They have no job but yet, are able to drive new cars and get all the girls since they have money and with money can buy them girls a good time. 

Sounds like I'm bitter with these over zealous foreigner students. 

But I got to know why it is important to bring them here, have an American to white wash them and when they graduate, they get ship back and America would love for these kids of political parents to one day, step up to turn their country into the next America. 

White men are so clever. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 10:03:35 AM »
It's more of Japan taking us in instead of Laos sending us out.

But lady must be Pani Thaoxaitou's or something like that's daughter. She's the head leader and millionaire of the Communist party and she can point fingers anywhere and magic happens.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 10:21:36 AM »
Nothing new there. If you have the fund, you can apply to go just about anywhere to study. My uncle studied abroad over 30 years ago in Russia.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 10:52:22 AM »
If it is a poor student going studying abroad and government sponsor then that's good.  If the kids are from rich parents or worst yet, kids of political officials then I already have experiences with those kind. 

My Malaysian roomie was from the poor side.  The other girl was from the commie family side.  She was so arrogant that she gets in trouble on purpose just to have her daddy bail her out.  She has a card so of speak so when she breaks some common laws, she would just bust that out and cops who knows would let her go with a warning. 

There are also the Richie kids from non political family.  They blend in well but the only difference is that their parents would pump money into their accounts on a monthly basis.  These are the ballers kids who don't eat ramen noodles as a starving student like you and I.  They have no job but yet, are able to drive new cars and get all the girls since they have money and with money can buy them girls a good time. 

Sounds like I'm bitter with these over zealous foreigner students. 

But I got to know why it is important to bring them here, have an American to white wash them and when they graduate, they get ship back and America would love for these kids of political parents to one day, step up to turn their country into the next America. 

White men are so clever.

DuMa, it’s good to point that out and I understand it all too well. Most of the big Chinese communist leaders have children studying in American universities. The President of China’s daughter is at Harvard herself. Kim Jung-Un studied at one of the most expensive schools in the world in Switzerland as a boy.

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 10:56:46 AM »
It's more of Japan taking us in instead of Laos sending us out.

But lady must be Pani Thaoxaitou's or something like that's daughter. She's the head leader and millionaire of the Communist party and she can point fingers anywhere and magic happens.

I don’t know if Pani have children but if she have they’re most likely end up in some Ivy League university, MIT, or Stanford even if they’re at ESL level.

This girl is a Lauj and I don’t think her parents have money.

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 11:05:10 AM »
Nothing new there. If you have the fund, you can apply to go just about anywhere to study. My uncle studied abroad over 30 years ago in Russia.

ProudLao it’s very common for Laotians...eve n poor Laotians to end up in the Soviet Union studying in those days. One of my first cousins who was lost and left behind in Laos during the war was in the Soviet Union for a few years. He was a soldier.

After nearly 20 years we tracked him down and brought him to America. He can speak some Russian, fluent in Lao, and totally suck in Hmong as he was married to a Lao woman and lived among the Lao people. But now he can speak Hmong very well.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 12:11:02 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear that. Impressive with his languages. Glad to know things worked out for him. I'm glad that things have changed as well.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »
DuMa, it’s good to point that out and I understand it all too well. Most of the big Chinese communist leaders have children studying in American universities. The President of China’s daughter is at Harvard herself. Kim Jung-Un studied at one of the most expensive schools in the world in Switzerland as a boy.

My Malaysian roomie works his work study in the accounting department.  He shared with me the profile of these foreigner parents and what their declared incomes are.  We talking about in the millions.  Them students may seem poor but their parents are loaded.  A Viet kid, his dad made him work to understand the working culture here.  He was making only min wages at the bookstore.  His parents still dumps 5k into his account every month.  Kids of the commie but the guy shows no commie affiliation.  Maybe he was warned prior.  His dad owns a tobacco factory in Vietnam.  He drives a second hand Acura, all payed off. 

The roomie co worker is a Chinese Malaysian.  He married to a Chinese girl in Reno for status.  His Visa expires so back he goes and the poor girl went with him.  It was a sudden move as his stuff were managed by my roomie at a local storage house.  I told him to sell it all cuz the deportation guy was behind payment. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »
Pani has children and at least one grandchild.

The Laujs command a pretty stronghold of the Fai Dang clan--very cherished by the Communist party in Laos. That means money and power but stinginess, too.

I don’t know if Pani have children but if she have they’re most likely end up in some Ivy League university, MIT, or Stanford even if they’re at ESL level.

This girl is a Lauj and I don’t think her parents have money.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:52:05 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 02:48:22 PM »
People forgot how we end up here in the states?
Damn hasn’t even been that long

My uncle still tell stories about battling the Pathet Lao
At the field of jars
With Vang pao

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:51:59 PM by hmgROCK »

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 03:44:55 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-EeBI1iWZY

People forgot how we end up here in the states?
Damn hasn’t even been that long

My uncle still tell stories about battling the Pathet Lao
At the field of jars
With Vang pao

"...

Offline mind-teaser

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 04:07:06 PM »

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 04:25:50 PM »
Thaub menyuam dev Zeb Yang no tuag lawm los tseem nyob????

Hahaha.....for some reason I can’t stop laughing at what you say there!!! :2funny:

Advertisements