Advertisement

Author Topic: What Stage(s) of Life Are You Going Thru/In Now  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
What Stage(s) of Life Are You Going Thru/In Now
« on: April 26, 2018, 11:04:50 AM »
For me, children are grown (youngest 16) and maybe a year or two down the road, a grandma.  No more than 3 years, I'll be an empty nester and plan to downsize from a large home to one of our small.  My husband and I will have plenty of time for ourselves and less debt (house paid off among other things).  That's my hope, fingers crossed.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

flint-rod

Re: What Stage(s) of Life Are You Going Thru/In Now
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 11:30:30 AM »
i'm going through the rinse and repeat stage in my life right now... lol! i one day would like to live a more simplified life... obviously, i would have my permanent home/residency but would love to live out of my van for a few weeks out of the year... be a beach bum for a couple of days and travel the entire united states...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 11:54:23 AM »
Mid-life crisis. But no one to create the crisis over.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 12:30:46 PM »
just the kids, for now. 

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 01:12:55 PM »
Mid life crisis all the time for me :P :'(

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 06:05:35 PM »
As a parent, is it fair to say that I want to take the easier path in life. Smaller home, older cars, less vacations, but yet push my kids to strive for the very best in life, big house, big dreams, fancy meals, shiny cars? I want an honest opinion before I quit my job and become a door greeter at walmart.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 08:52:45 AM »
i'm going through the rinse and repeat stage in my life right now... lol! i one day would like to live a more simplified life... obviously, i would have my permanent home/residency but would love to live out of my van for a few weeks out of the year... be a beach bum for a couple of days and travel the entire united states...
That's a dream of some old folks- that's why RV and trailers are very popular.  I've thought about it but nah....
Mid-life crisis. But no one to create the crisis over.
Hmmm those you have w/ me,myself, and I?  You know, sometimes that's the hardest crisis... you have to come to term w/ the self and make that leap to "just do it"-whatever that is. 
just the kids, for now. 
  O0
Mid life crisis all the time for me :P :'(
Let me give you some Advil :D :D
i've been in a stage where nothing seem to excite me anymore...and I'm starving for something meaningfully challenging... but at the same time I know I don't have the same kind of energy I use to have..haha so I suppose you can say, I'm in a stage where i'm in some denial that I am no longer the young, handsome and full of energy guy I use to be...lols guess you can say, it's kind of like a athlete who just couldn't retire until he/she seriously injure him/herself at the same time damaging their legacy a little....haha
You've matured.
As a parent, is it fair to say that I want to take the easier path in life. Smaller home, older cars, less vacations, but yet push my kids to strive for the very best in life, big house, big dreams, fancy meals, shiny cars? I want an honest opinion before I quit my job and become a door greeter at walmart.
Can't be a door greeter yet..until kids leave the house.  Your children will see your hard work and fruit of your labor and that will help shape them to do the same.
contemplation.
When you make a decision w/ your mind, feeling of regret are greater.  When you make a decision w/ your heart (even if things don't go as plan), feeling of regret are less.  When you make a decision w/ your mind and heart - sometimes you do nothing :D :D

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Jiggles

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 11:45:29 AM »
at the stage where i just want my kids to grow up so i can have some peace and freedom!

MSV

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »
Just became a first time owner in a seller's market a few months ago. I'm already dreaming of when I'll have this huge loan paid off. Still waiting for a good time to get my lotto tix. Hehe. Also planning to make some babies in the next few years here cause my eggs will be dust in no time. I'm actually a late bloomer at everything. :(

Kinda wanting a career change. Financially I can't afford a pay cut so I've been sucking it up. I surely don't want to retire at a place I never thought I'd make a year through. Here I am almost 6 yrs later.

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +340
    • View Profile
    • First Financial Security Senior Associate
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 11:05:36 AM »
For me, children are grown (youngest 16) and maybe a year or two down the road, a grandma.  No more than 3 years, I'll be an empty nester and plan to downsize from a large home to one of our small.  My husband and I will have plenty of time for ourselves and less debt (house paid off among other things).  That's my hope, fingers crossed.
Dok,
You and I both!  But I'm actually already a grandma 2x over for 5yrs now!  And another grandkid on the way!
I'm also a mother-in-law 2x over, too ... for 7yrs!

I'm hoping to downsize to a small 3-bedroom ... as my husband and I will also be empty-nester in a couple of years.
I also hope to do more travel to foreign countries now that all my kids are grown.
And of course, wishing good health and wealth!

Life insurance with living benefits.
Life insurance with a savings plan.
http://clients.firsfinancialsecurity.com/WF1700

Advertisements