Advertisement

Author Topic: Video of the moment when the Hmong leader family got shot in Thailand  (Read 2699 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Video of the moment when the Hmong leader family got shot in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:30:38 AM »
Oh, horrible!

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 11:18:21 AM »
that's it

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »
Looks like this family are Thai resident and RIP.  On the other hand sad that video like this don't stop Hmong American from going over there even when they know before hand that they are a walking target and the Thai authorities can be bought for a few thousand dollars to hush hush on the investigation.

Any country where the authorities can be bought for an amount of money is a no no IMO to travel too.   

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 06:17:45 PM »
Gotta love listening to this news piece.

But those shots can't be from air guns at all. They are other rifles with silencers.

https://www.facebook.com/100016758425345/videos/256727364895876/

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:19:53 PM by Reporter »

"...

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 10:23:48 PM »
that's it

I believe the shot came from behind and the side of the truck which is why no one was shown but those screams are disturbing and sad to hear especially the children.

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 10:27:33 PM »
Looks like this family are Thai resident and RIP.  On the other hand sad that video like this don't stop Hmong American from going over there even when they know before hand that they are a walking target and the Thai authorities can be bought for a few thousand dollars to hush hush on the investigation.

Any country where the authorities can be bought for an amount of money is a no no IMO to travel too.

If I didn't have any relatives still living there then I wouldn't be going there either but most of the time I had to go to give my support.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 11:53:09 PM »

You are living in one as we speak. As great of a country as the U.S. is, it's not immune to such behaviors either...Don't think any country is...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile

"...

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIxw2Do5Uq8
not to be off topic but I click on your link.  I ended up watching the
Tham txog hluas nkauj 10/16/2017 - FOR FUN link.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Tham txog mus Nplog Teb 1/28/218

The guy talks about how unsafe it is in Laos. It applies to Thailand, too, in most instances.

not to be off topic but I click on your link.  I ended up watching the
Tham txog hluas nkauj 10/16/2017 - FOR FUN link.

"...

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
Here's the raw dashcam video of the moment when the shooting occur. Txaus ntshai ua luaj li os. :o

https://www.facebook.com/hmoobvideo/videos/818410198350455/?hc_ref=ARRS6WawgBlmOknn5hbET240IMgd2ys5FntCSpNC2t7fWagTCBYll3atIO7nzlhA6F4

To read more on this story go here:
http://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php/topic,393900.0.html
what i don't get is why he stopped?  it may be a surprise but take less than seconds to process that you're getting shot at.  driving away would have been the best recourse, it would have saved his family. 
also a man with distinguished title, how come he didn't have body guards?  I'd be rolling in deep, with my thugs.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

Tham txog mus Nplog Teb 1/28/218

The guy talks about how unsafe it is in Laos. It applies to Thailand, too, in most instances.

The people who said it is unsafe to go there are people who only went there to cause trouble. If you go there and blend in with the local crowd you should be okay meaning once you get there don't tell anyone you're from outside the country. You can be a Hmong and blend in with the other Hmong crowd, you can roam around and use the money there so no one would suspect that you are an outsider. If anyone in Laos ask where you are from just tell them you're from Vang Vieng or Xiangkhouang, they'll believe you no matter what. Also if you want to go to Laos, enter there through the Laos/Thailand border and not the Laos airport, you're likely to get scam if you arrive at the airport.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
I'm trying to figure out where the shots came from - was it from people lying in wait?  If that's the case, how come he didn't speed up to get away? j/w (as if doing any good) but try..

Is it from behind - was he followed?

One thing for sure, in Thailand, dangers could be lurking anywhere to anyone at anytime.

I heard this hmong leader was being targeted because he encourage people to stay away from the drug business and was not a big supporter of the drug trade.  Maybe the drug lord/cartel there didn't like his message and decides to send a message of their own.

Not sure if just a rumor or truth.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline sunrain

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
According to Thai news, the driver's eyes were damaged which is probably why he had to stop the vehicle immediately.  The road is also curvy so it's already dangerous to continue driving, especially if glass particles or any particles gets into the eyes.  At the same time, the driver has to think of the safety of the family in the car.  It is unfortunate that this happened to this family.

I ❤ ♫ walking in the

Advertisements