Advertisement

Author Topic: Has anyone ever experienced "ghosting" from a boyfriend/girlfriend?  (Read 6548 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone ever experienced "ghosting" from a boyfriend/girlfriend?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 11:59:47 AM »
You know...

Reflecting...I think I've accidently ghosted a lot. ..

They weren't relationships or anything...but I just find it hard to keep myself following up with a girl..

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 12:08:46 PM »
Not really qualifies as ghosting but when I was younger and more handsome, I would ghost girls on a bi weekly basis.  It is like this.  I go out bars n clubs hopping like a drop out.  4 days a week and taco Tuesday or $2 Tuesday does not count.  Going out yields getting numbers.  When you collect so many, the fresh ones you remember and the bi weekly girls well you no longer talk to hence you drop them as a ghost. 

No foul no harm cuz they don't know me either.  Used to get calls with random females be like....umm who's this?

I've been out of the game for years now.  Now I have 1 month to do it again since my MN cousin is here in town. LAST Saturday was social night club.  Tonight is mango the Hmong party tonight.  My first time there on a Thursday since they closes down the infamous rage.  Free for the 21+ so get on the guest list lol

Wish me luck with new numbers to ghost.  If I can't hit it, I'll pass it to another homie. 

Work next day too dayam.  Friday club again.  Saturday too.  Following week I be in ATL.  Week after that I'm doing it again and thinning out them numbers hence ghosting is the word of the month. 

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:12:47 PM by DuMa »

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2018, 05:33:24 PM »
lol

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:40:10 PM by Rebel »

DeadbeatDAD

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 02:59:22 AM »
Why do you think my ex called me a deadbeatdad... or should i be called ghostingdad???

Offline lifemystery

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 10:59:16 PM »
"Ghosting" = You moved on with your life without her/him in silent mode.

"Obsessive Ghosting aka Fake Ghosting"= You pretend that you moved on with your life without her/him, but still obsessive about him/her in silent mode.

Magic Mike

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 10:07:19 PM »
Damn, just call the ghostbusters on me already. 😂

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:41:30 AM by Magic Mike »

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 08:07:43 PM »
Sometimes ghosting in a loving relationship is simply a sign that one person is unsure what they should do.  It's some form of procrastinatio n.  They both may love each other but there's a problem that is preventing one or both to move further.  Instead of facing the problem, one or both withdraws. They stop texting and talking. 

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 12:33:52 PM »
Raising hand. Yes, guilty here.

Why I did it, and I did a few, was because,

1) I don’t know how to tell them that I don’t like them enough to stay. Seeing or hearing the hurt in them makes me very uncomfortable. When I was a late teenager I told 2-3 girls this already and the disappointment in them really left a mark on me. Back then I’m the type of guy who doesn’t want to see any one’s feelings hurt. And I would try to rescue them, maybe out of pity(?), I’m not sure, and thus betraying my real feelings, and ultimately only to regret it.

2) When I see them hurt by my rejection, I feel sorry for them,,, And some of them know how to make me feel terrible, know how to talk me into something I don’t really want to do,,, What worries me is that they will be able to convince me to stay! So it’s better not to even talk to them and just walk away,,, Sort of like those high pressure sales people on the phone. Talk to them long enough and you end up buying something you really didn’t want to. So better to just hang up and walk away.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2018, 01:00:49 PM »
Option B - sorry ,we can not be together.  I see no future in us. 

Then we go back to our wives.

No ghosting here. 

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2018, 01:21:06 PM »
When I was around 24 to 28, I ghosted several girls/women, ranging from 22 to 28 years of age; 1 korean, 1 Chinese, 1 Philipino, 1 white, 1 Viet, and 3 Hmong girls.

The only one I truly regret ghosting is a Hmong girl from the West area. She was 23 at the time and I was just a bit older than her. She was decent looking; slim, somewhat curvy. Very good personality; both modern and traditional in her. And a nice heart; caring, thoughtful. Never had a boyfriend, until me(?), as she was waiting for a fairytale to occur. But we never even officially “went out.” Just sorted hung out and talked alot. And I never “did anything of that sort” to her. I could have, but I didn't. She would have been the perfect wife had I not been who I am... I was a picky person back then and she was a tad bit on the shorter side. Back then I was thinking if I had kids, I want them to be taller than me. So yes, that shallow point was the obstacle... If I was just looking to fool around then I would have and could have, but I know it would break her heart and spirit if I had done that only to tell her there’s no future for us. And so I just walked away. Didn’t answer her phone calls. Didn’t reply to her texts. Didn’t write back to her emails... That was years ago (before there was Facebook) and it still haunts me whenever I think back to it. Good thing is I live quite a distance away so chances of us running into one another is unlikely.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2018, 02:17:46 PM »
pH peeps are the worst ghosts, even better than a cloud of smoke, at least you can slowly see it disappear.  pH peeps, show them picture and just like magic they're gone.  the reason all the pH girls are gone is because they saw my pHicture!  ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Soul_Searcher

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 02:28:26 PM »
I was like that for a time.  I dated someone and at the time, I realized I was not going to survive the curriculum if I spend that much time with her.  I had to make a very difficult choice and in the end, I almost wound up with both: a degree and my girl.  But it was too late, the damage was unrepairable.  She had moved on.  Oh well. 

Ghosting is a reasonable concept with platonic relationships but for intimate ones, it can be detrimental. 

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 04:06:09 PM »
A mature person will NEVER EVER use ghosting.  Only little kids will do that.  End of story. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 04:42:23 PM »
When you think you ghosted someone, they ghosted you back.

It has been a week since we talked, she no come bugging me so you can say she is ghosting me and ran back to her husband. 

I don't mind.  I'm not in the business for keeps anyway.  She just Making it easier for me. 

Sux is when you ghost them and they start stalking you down.  I'm sorry but you are not getting your sex back. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2018, 06:13:36 PM »
Essenger - Ghost (Lyric Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78FyDqhK92Q

Advertisements