Advertisement

Author Topic: Avengers Infinity - Thanos  (Read 82777 times)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Re: Avengers Infinity - Thanos
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 10:32:29 AM »
Read this some time ago;

"What is good and what is evil?'; Philosophers of all ages have thought over this question. Each reckoned that he had solved the question once and for all, yet within a few years the problem would re-emerge with new dimensions. In fact, most of the answers would be later found inadequate or unsatisfactory . Religious thinkers also joined in presenting a solution in this regard but only added confusion. The Qur'an also offers a solution to this question and an effort will be made to explain it later in this dissertation.

A few basic questions need to be answered in order to arrive at some satisfactory answer. They are:

(i) Are good and evil absolute or are they relative to the conditions associated with time and place? Do conditions surrounding a particular situation make an act good and at another time make it evil? Does an act appear to be good in the overall perspective, but when torn away from its environment appear to be evil?

(ii) Is the concept of good and evil imbued in the nature of man or has he been given divine guidance? If not, how are good and evil identified? If reason is the only guide, is there some criteria to determine what is good and what is evil?

(iii) If good and evil are independent, do they have the same creator? Or is God the Creator of good alone? If so, who has created evil?

(iv) If the knowledge of good and evil is instinctive, there should be uniformity of thought between various nations, religions and groups; but there are vast differences among them in almost every aspect. What are the reasons?"

Thanos was made evil due to his actions and not necessarily his intent.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2019, 06:57:26 AM »
lol

you guys are funny   ;D
just got a chance to watch avenger (i know slow poke)
so i''ll just chip in my thoughts

with the space travel ability in an instant
and tons of planet and universe out there
and universe within a universe
i'm thinking in my head, why don't he and his minion just go to some place
where there no other people

than i realized it just a movie

God did not created man...man created god

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 03:10:18 PM »
lol

you guys are funny   ;D
just got a chance to watch avenger (i know slow poke)
so i''ll just chip in my thoughts

with the space travel ability in an instant
and tons of planet and universe out there
and universe within a universe
i'm thinking in my head, why don't he and his minion just go to some place
where there no other people

than i realized it just a movie

LIFE IMITATES ART.  That's the POINT.  We have to call out messages within the arts so that we never see such come to life into reality impacting our children.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 05:13:34 AM »
Thanos was made evil due to his actions and not necessarily his intent.

But does the intent justify the action?
I say, no. When an outcome end with a terrible cost or has the potential to, the intent doesn't necessarily justify the action. And it's especially bad to assume that the end results will be definitely be good without weighing all the possibilities. Or without having much knowledge of the situation. I consider it as just being selfish of just wanting it to be your way.

Ex:

Someone in here once gave some bad advice to his so called "friend" without considering the things that will effect his friend and his family. Telling the friend to tell the parents, who loved their children and didn't want to hurt them, to go confront the other siblings about not letting them throw parties and gatherings for the parents on the assumption of doing it for "show." That someone, Failed to see impact that it could have on that family. Instead, he selfishly, without caring, gave that advice to his friend. And come in here to talk bad about his friend and his family while telling everyone how good of a friend he was and how he was lucky his family isn't bad like his friend's. He was selfishly too concern about making himself look good that he didn't care about gathering all the FACTS before giving that bad advice.

Advertisements