Advertisement

Author Topic: Agree with the parents, their son is a loser leech (if true)  (Read 2425 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
:knuppel2::

Parents sue 30-year-old son to move out of house

SYRACUSE, New York (KRON/CNN) - A couple in upstate New York is going to court to force their 30-year-old son to move out.

They say he is refusing to leave the house despite multiple notices they gave him.

However, 30-Year-old Michael Rotondo claims that legally he wasn't given enough notice to leave.

Court filings allege Rotondo doesn't contribute to the family's expenses and doesn't help out with chores around the house.

His parents have given him five written notices over the past few months telling him he needs to leave.

They even claim they've offered to help him get started on his own.

"Give his mother and father space. It's time. He's 30. And not paying rent. You need to be independent," resident Lashea Wright said.

"That doesn't make no sense if you're going to your mother's house. Thirty years old and don't help do nothing--grow up," resident Christopher Adams said.

The Rotondos are scheduled to hash it out again in court later this month, about seven weeks before their son's 31st birthday.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: Agree with the parents, their son is a loser leech (if true)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 05:55:24 AM »
I blame the parents. ;D

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »
I blame the parents. ;D

2nd

Yep, to a degree as they probably enabled their son all his life...???

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 08:10:12 PM »
Good to see the court sided with the parents and evicts the 30 y.o. leach...  O0:

Judge evicts 30-year-old after he wouldn't move out of parents' house

After their notes, advice and gifts of cash went unheeded, two parents turned to the law to move their adult son out of their house.

On Tuesday, a judge sided with Mark and Christina Rotondo, and said their 30-year-old son needs to leave.

The son, Michael Rotondo, had been living in his parents' house for eight years. He called the ruling "outrageous" and said he would appeal the decision.

The Rotondos, who live in Camillus, New York, started leaving notes for their son, Michael, in February.

"After a discussion with your Mother, we have decided that you must leave this house immediately. You have 14 days to vacate. You will not be allowed to return,"

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 06:19:04 AM »
I think I read somewhere.  He has a kid?
I seen that somewhere too.

flint-rod

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 10:23:59 AM »
i find it interesting how i know many hmong families who have sons and daughters in their 30's with their own families still living at home... and yet their parents aren't trying to rid themselves of their adult children... a cultural difference i presume...?

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 10:51:06 AM »
Maybe Asian parents don't care much about their freedom  ;D For me personally, I couldn't wait to get out on my own.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

flint-rod

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 10:58:01 AM »
It depends on the circumstances.  In some cases, the kids are paying the bills now instead of the parents.
In some cases,  The family wants to stick together.   There are some who just stays with the parents and do shit too.

So it's all a matter of circumstance.

agree with the circumstance.. . however, those who i know personally... the vast majority... it's because they tried living on their own and weren't successful at managing their finances, thus why they had to move back in... and some, simply just don't want to work...

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 07:07:12 PM »
...some, simply just don't want to work...

I think that's the main reason the 30 y.o. leech is getting evicted...He's not a dependent anymore so if he's lazy and just wants to leech off his parents, he should be evicted...

Starscream

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 08:01:32 AM »
if he was a single man meaning no kids, i let him stay. but the fool is 30 with a child...and some shtt like he lost costudy of the brat. forreal ya'll if you man enough to make a baby you should be man enough to take care of the kid too! no if, ands, or buts. BUT he dude probably mental or some shtt like that so yea.....fug it. only god can save him now.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 10:13:59 PM »
If I was this employer, I would  pay the "bonus" in monthly installment because if you pay the leech up front, he may only show up to collect and never return again... ;D ???:

30-year-old evicted by his parents gets job offer, bonus from Italian restaurant

You know the story: A 30-year-old man in New York gets evicted by his parents who tried to help him move out in February by offering him $1,100 with a 2-week notice.

He took his parents to court, saying he needed six months.

And lost.

This man, Michael Rotondo, who's also a father by the way, does not have a job. That's part of his reasoning for why he isn't prepared to move out.

At the same time, he says he doesn't have a job because he's focused on being a father. But he lost custody of his child, and he's told multiple publications in the last few days that he's working on getting visitation rights back.

Well, maybe this will help.

Villa Italian Kitchen is offering Rotondo a job

Not only that, but $1,101, too. One dollar more than his parents offered him.

The chief operating officer of the quick-serve pizza brand that operates at nearly 250 locations nationwide, Andrew Steinberg, said the company "feels for millennials" and understands life isn't easy.

“As you may be aware, one current trending story in the news has revolved around parents Mark and Christina Rotondo effectively evicting their millennial, 30-year-old son Michael, from their home.

"Hey, even the court system said the parents were within their right to give Michael the boot. At Villa, we feel for millennials, across the board. It’s tough out there.

"With that said…Michael, hey dude. We are offering you a store-level gig, complete with extensive training to get you up to speed, at any one of our 250 locations worldwide.

"We heard your parents offered you $1,100 to get out. We’ll do you one better. Literally, one. Offer from us is on the table for $1,101 to come join our team. Consider it a signing bonus. We gotchu, bud.”

Well. Best of luck, Michael!

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 10:05:52 AM »
So this leech is not only a deadbeat son but also a deadbeat father...Looks like he's able to support and maintain his two cars that don't even run but not his own 8 y.o. son... ???

Not surprised though given his mentality thus far...

Deadbeat son's ex says he owes her thousands in child support for 8-year-old son

So-called “deadbeat son” Michael Rotundo, the 30-year-old whose parents had to take him to court to get him out of their house, owes the single mother of his son back child support, according to the New York Post.

The mom, who asked to remain anonymous, said Rotondo owes about $2,500 in child support. Until 2016, he was only required to pay $25 a month, but in October the mom filed a petition to increase the child support — which she says he fought tooth and nail. The judge sided with the mom and raised the support to $56 a week and tore into Rotondo regarding his efforts to get a job, calling them “minimal at best.”

According to court records obtained by the Post, he has paid $10,000 for a storage unit that has housed his busted 1989 Chevy Camaro for the past five years. A June 2017 filing shows that he was also paying $920 a year in car insurance for the broken-down Camaro with flat tires and a Volkswagen station wagon that didn’t run, either.

Rotundo’s expenses “completely undermined” his claim that he can’t afford to pay child support, the judge said.

During the custody case, Rotundo testified he had only applied for two jobs that year, and  “considered applying at Staples but does not think it is a good environment,” according to the judge’s filing. He also passed on attending a “parent-support program,” which would have aided his job search.

“He terrorized me,” the 33-year-old woman said of the court case, which occurred while Rotundo was living with his parents. He lost joint custody of his son in September.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 12:05:11 PM »
Well you can't beat the kaydoo guy who fathered a bunch of kids and says he only have sex at night because his sperm would be sleeping. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements