Advertisement

Author Topic: American Classic Movies anyone?  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
American Classic Movies anyone?
« on: May 23, 2018, 03:12:06 PM »
I love watching American Classic movies....beca use when I was growing up I didn't go to the movie theater instead I watched what was shown on TV.  In time, I grew to love watching those classics.  I wish I could see them play in the big screen - how amazing it'll be.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: American Classic Movies anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 03:36:00 PM »
Give us some example. I didn’t watch much myself growing up. Can’t afford it lol

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 10:01:23 AM »
Give us some example. I didn’t watch much myself growing up. Can’t afford it lol
Sabrina (starting Audrey Hepburn and Humprey Bogart), A Roman Holiday (Audrey Hepburn & Gregory Peck), Great Expectation, Wuthering Height (staring Lawrence Olivier), Pride and Prejudice (Greer Carson & Lawrence Olivier), Adventure of Pippi Longstocking, Sound of Music, Brigadoom, Sinbad the sailor (and series), Anna Karena (Greta Garbo & Federic March)

I've watched classic films of : Gary Cooper, Cary Grant, Henry Fonda, Gregory Peck (my favorite-very handsome man), Bing Crosby (he likes to do musical film like "White Christmas", Orson Wells, James Steward (It's a Wonderful Life), Tyrone Power (another favorite -jet black hair, handsome) - see him alot in historical film(genre), Robert Taylor, Errol Flynn (Robin Hood), etc...

and the women/actresses:Katherine Hepburn (African Queen), Vivian Leigh (Gone w/ the Wind), Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Claudette Colbert, Greta Garbo, Ava Gardner, Judy Garland (Wizard of Oz), AudreHepburn, Greer Carson, Rita Hayword (beautiful lady), Mae West (she does alot  of Western film genre), Ginger Rodger (she does dance and musical film), Marlene Dietrich, Lucille Ball, etc...

I've watched them all in film and more :D :D :D

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
Lauren and Bogart reminds me of this song/tribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeZdK7xRBD4

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 12:09:51 PM »
I took film history in college.  They made us watched dark films dakor noir or films with women diva femme fatale. 

We had to write papers after watching it for a whole week on the big screen. 

Watching was boring but when you do research and writing about it, it got interesting. 

For the likes of myself, I can't offer you the titles of these movies. 

One can only enjoy these black and white films if one only knows the artistic values to the evolution of cinema as art.  Like some movies of today's are using the style of yesterday like shoot in the dark but uses lighting to create the effect. 

Like did you know that kissing for more than a few seconds were forbidden in the old movie days? 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 02:34:06 AM »
I wasn't born yet when those movies came out. Thus, I couldn't see them on the big screen.

Advertisements