Advertisement

Author Topic: bramble & ash  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +282
    • View Profile
Re: bramble & ash
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2019, 06:45:23 PM »
Conversation with my dad:

Dad: What was that movie you went to see the other day? Game of Thrones?
Me: No, that was Avengers. Game of Thrones is a TV show.
D: I heard that people named their kids after the actress in Game of Thrones but now they regret it because she's a bad person.
(I had to think about what he's talking about...)
Me: Ohhhhh yeah. There's a character in the show called Daenerys who used to be weak and she was sold off in marriage like a slave but she got stronger and became a queen. Then she went around and freed other slaves and became powerful. But now she's too power hungry and she killed thousands of innocent people and she became the tyrant that she was trying to get rid of. So those people who named their kids after her probably regret it.
Dad: ...so it's not a movie?

Lol. It was such a random conversation.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »
All this obsession with BTS. Eh, they're okay I guess. But they're no Super Junior. ❤

https://youtu.be/44HbD2oc-H8

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2019, 01:59:24 AM »

call them softly and they will come
all of the dreams you've left undone

-a. marseglia

Like this post: +1

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2019, 10:05:57 AM »

Hearing a cover of a song that you love can be pretty amazing. It opens your eyes to another perspective, one that you might not have seen before. It reveals flaws that you hadn't noticed about the original as well as highlighting the good things that you also loved. As much as you loved the original, you discover that you're also capable of loving a new one. The same song and yet so different. New. Another unchartered territory for you to land your soul. To begin again.

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2019, 11:11:58 AM »

I read your words and I cried for you. You hide your pain so well. I'm sorry that I never saw the truth of what you've gone through. I'm sorry that I can't ease your pain.

My heart hurts for you, and maybe a little for myself too. I hate that we give ourselves to people who find it easy to leave at their own whim. I hate that we give them our real hearts, the ones we keep buried beneath layers of everything we are. And I hate that even after all this time, after so many years, they can still have an effect on us.

I wish I could say that this is just another learning experience but it feels disingenuous to distill all that's happened into such simple terms. So I will say this instead:

I'm proud of you and everything that you are. You are one of the strongest and bravest people I know. Whatever comes next, we will see it through.

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2019, 11:43:00 PM »

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2019, 01:46:30 PM »
Yesterday in an attempt to stave off the mind numbing pointlessness of life and all its dreary moments I decided to make low carb zucchini bread. Then I was like, well might as well make regular zucchini bread because Lord knows no one else but me and Mom are gonna eat the low carb version. Then I remembered that my niece wanted banana bread so I made a batch of that as well because why not, I got all the ingredients out anyway. I stayed up until 2 AM making all this bread. But even then I couldn't sleep. So I put my head on my pillow and stared at the phone until I must have drifted off into an uneasy sleep where I dreamed that my dad and two nephews turned into fish and I had to keep them alive by pouring water from a hose over them out in a gas station parking lot while fending off an overly aggressive lobster that kept attacking them. I woke up feeling quite startled, my mind blank and not even remembering what day it was. Today I feel a little better. The low carb bread was good. The others have been packed and will be delivered to their recipients later. Life still feels a little pointless (I don't think that feeling will ever dissipate) but right now at this very moment it's bearable. My dad said that he woke up to a house filled with the scent of banana bread and cinnamon and the way he said it filled me with warmth.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2019, 03:14:23 PM »
Yesterday in an attempt to stave off the mind numbing pointlessness of life and all its dreary moments I decided to make low carb zucchini bread. Then I was like, well might as well make regular zucchini bread because Lord knows no one else but me and Mom are gonna eat the low carb version. Then I remembered that my niece wanted banana bread so I made a batch of that as well because why not, I got all the ingredients out anyway. I stayed up until 2 AM making all this bread. But even then I couldn't sleep. So I put my head on my pillow and stared at the phone until I must have drifted off into an uneasy sleep where I dreamed that my dad and two nephews turned into fish and I had to keep them alive by pouring water from a hose over them out in a gas station parking lot while fending off an overly aggressive lobster that kept attacking them. I woke up feeling quite startled, my mind blank and not even remembering what day it was. Today I feel a little better. The low carb bread was good. The others have been packed and will be delivered to their recipients later. Life still feels a little pointless (I don't think that feeling will ever dissipate) but right now at this very moment it's bearable. My dad said that he woke up to a house filled with the scent of banana bread and cinnamon and the way he said it filled me with warmth.

Asharia, can you adopt me to be your sister?  I'll eat the low carb zuchhini bread with you and your mom.  There is so much warmth and love in your family.   :love9:

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +327
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2019, 03:32:52 PM »

Yummmmy!!!! Food.  My children always says to me, "Dad you make the best food Yummmyyyy!!!"

and I feel bad at times because I'm often too tired to cook for them.

Perhaps all your dream was just your subconscious telling you your family needs that yummy "water of life" food that you toiled so hard to prepare.  Not sure how the lobster fits into it, but maybe it's time to go cook some of them.  That'll show em who's eating who!  O0

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2019, 07:05:49 PM »
Asharia, can you adopt me to be your sister?  I'll eat the low carb zuchhini bread with you and your mom.  There is so much warmth and love in your family.   :love9:

Of course! I don't have any sisters so that sounds nice.

Thank you for the compliment. <3

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2019, 07:08:04 PM »
Yummmmy!!!! Food.  My children always says to me, "Dad you make the best food Yummmyyyy!!!"

and I feel bad at times because I'm often too tired to cook for them.

Perhaps all your dream was just your subconscious telling you your family needs that yummy "water of life" food that you toiled so hard to prepare.  Not sure how the lobster fits into it, but maybe it's time to go cook some of them.  That'll show em who's eating who!  O0

Lol lobster sounds good. Although to be honest I find the taste not as good as blue crab. Those take a bit more work but they're tastier. Maybe I need to schedule a crab/lobster boil for my family. Thanks for the suggestion.

What's your favorite dish that you prepare for your kids?

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +327
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2019, 09:09:23 PM »
Lol lobster sounds good. Although to be honest I find the taste not as good as blue crab. Those take a bit more work but they're tastier. Maybe I need to schedule a crab/lobster boil for my family. Thanks for the suggestion.

What's your favorite dish that you prepare for your kids?

So simple...kids love stir fry.  The tender beef slices and yummy with hoison sauce.
beef with broccoli
beef with green beans

Even frozen pizza with additional topping like a few spinach or onions or even broccoli.

And tacos, and spaghetti, and even ramen noodles pan fried with some carrots and peas. 

Like this post: +2
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2019, 05:10:42 PM »

samsung galaxy s10

« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 06:37:41 PM by Asharia »

Like this post: +2

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster