Advertisement

Author Topic: bramble & ash  (Read 4353 times)

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +301
    • View Profile
Re: bramble & ash
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2019, 11:52:32 PM »
I'm singing in the church choir when we get to a specific part of mass where the response isn't in our hymnal but instead is memorized. Well I been singing this response for years but somehow somewhy I forget the words. So I start singing "holy" except I suddenly remember that the word is "glory" and not "holy" so midword I switch gears to "glory" but forget that I started singing "holy" already. So I end up singing "hory." Hory, which sounds like... whorey. And that is the story of how I sang the word whorey in a church well known for its old fashioned acoustics where you can hear the tiniest sound even at the back of the church.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +342
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2019, 02:37:54 AM »
I'm singing in the church choir when we get to a specific part of mass where the response isn't in our hymnal but instead is memorized. Well I been singing this response for years but somehow somewhy I forget the words. So I start singing "holy" except I suddenly remember that the word is "glory" and not "holy" so midword I switch gears to "glory" but forget that I started singing "holy" already. So I end up singing "hory." Hory, which sounds like... whorey. And that is the story of how I sang the word whorey in a church well known for its old fashioned acoustics where you can hear the tiniest sound even at the back of the church.

You just reminded me of those times when people tell me to sing louder, you have a strong voice.  Sure, but I don't know the words...you want me to say the wrong words louder than everyone else right?  Let alone I didn't know the notes to the song, nor the rhythm, nor just say I don't know the hymns period.  All you get from me were...ha, hu, ho, hay, heya, hoyo, hayu, .... LOL.

Don't even try to make me sway like I'm gospel singing...don't...You gonna see Forest Gump groove...

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2019, 08:40:10 PM »
You just reminded me of those times when people tell me to sing louder, you have a strong voice.  Sure, but I don't know the words...you want me to say the wrong words louder than everyone else right?  Let alone I didn't know the notes to the song, nor the rhythm, nor just say I don't know the hymns period.  All you get from me were...ha, hu, ho, hay, heya, hoyo, hayu, .... LOL.

Don't even try to make me sway like I'm gospel singing...don't...You gonna see Forest Gump groove...

Haha sometimes it's just fun to sing as loud as you can even if you don't know the words.

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2019, 01:42:02 PM »

pentax k1000

Like this post: +1

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +474
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2019, 07:00:37 PM »

"Whorey."  Hahaha!   :2funny:  Hilarious but wowzers  :o at the same time, when you realize that the whole congregation could hear what you were singing!  I would have been mortified!  Hahaha!

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2019, 03:26:23 PM »
"Whorey."  Hahaha!   :2funny:  Hilarious but wowzers  :o at the same time, when you realize that the whole congregation could hear what you were singing!  I would have been mortified!  Hahaha!

Yep, it was embarrassing. But I'm used to messing up in front of crowds now.  ;D Best way to deal is to keep going as if nothing happened.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2019, 05:02:07 PM »
Yep, it was embarrassing. But I'm used to messing up in front of crowds now.  ;D Best way to deal is to keep going as if nothing happened.

;D  O0

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2019, 12:06:35 PM »

pentax k1000

I LOVE these pictures.  Each one makes me feel a certain type of way.  Thank you for sharing, Asharia.   O0  :)

Like this post: +1

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2019, 06:18:11 PM »
I LOVE these pictures.  Each one makes me feel a certain type of way.  Thank you for sharing, Asharia.   O0 :)

Thanks for your kind words, Lilly.  :)

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2019, 03:23:11 AM »
I can't sleep.

Earlier tonight I got home from work, cooked dinner for my parents, then fell asleep right away. I was so tired. I thought to myself, Just a quick nap before I get up to do the dishes and go back to bed. I ended up waking up hours later at 2 AM in a daze. Cleaned up the kitchen and got back into bed only to find myself unable to fall asleep. The house is very quiet, a silence that I'm used to now and prefer most of the time. I guess in this silence I'm brave enough to confess the truth. There are so many that I hide from in the bright light of day. The truth is... I have too much to say and the night air hurts my heart to think about it all, and all I want is the oblivion of sleep.

Advertisements