Advertisement

Author Topic: bramble & ash  (Read 5903 times)

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +314
    • View Profile
Re: bramble & ash
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2019, 10:10:14 PM »
Asharia, I dreamt about you a few days ago.  It was so odd.  We introduced ourselves by our PH names.  I canít recollect where we were or why though.  Then I woke up.   :2funny:

LOL that's hilarious. What a random and odd dream!

I'm just imagining you introducing yourself "Hi. I'm Trouble." What a great introduction.  :D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2019, 08:07:03 PM »
[insert self into convo]

lol. that's so funny. i also had a dream. i was just thinking about it while chillin on the
concrete steps of this church watchin people walk by with their overpriced starbucks drinks in hand,
and their fancy hats and sunglasses, and their designer bags. I was just dreaming, until someone rudely
woke me up, about rainstorms in Africa. You ever been?

No, have you?

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2019, 05:14:03 PM »
I caved in and bought another Minolta.

I know, I know, why did I buy another one when I already have one?? Well because the first one stopped working which I guess is a normal thing that happens to 40-50 year old cameras, which I didn't discover until afterwards while I was researching how to fix it. The general opinion was to send it to an expert or, more popularly, just throw it in the trash where all old tech should go. But I was sentimental and I had really loved the Minolta so I put it in my closet with the thought that maybe someday I would get it fixed. That day never came but then I saw another one being sold online and I figured, it's been years already and I'll probably never find someone to fix it so let's just get another one and hope for the best. So here I am, hoping for the best. I love my Pentax also but the Minolta worked so well in low light and bad shooting conditions. It was made for dummies like me who love photography but want something a bit more idiot proof.

For a while I was trying to convince myself that I'm worth buying a Leica for but while I was debating my inherent worth, someone bought it already. I guess that's what I get...

But for now I'm pretty excited about using the Minolta again.

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2019, 02:58:29 PM »
Movie/TV reviews (just because):

The Sinner
: I skipped Season 1 because I read the spoiler for it but I saw Season 2 and it was pretty amazing. I'm impressed by Bill Pullman's performance. Usually he plays the humble hero and the underdog, but his role in this series is a bit darker and it's nice to see him playing something different (albeit still in the good guy role). The plot was unraveled at a steady pace, with lots of red herrings and mystery, some of which were answered by the end. And it's okay that not all loose ends were tied up neatly because you can imply what happened just from little clues and bits of dialogue. It  sort of reminded me a little bit of "Sharp Objects" with Amy Adams minus the horrifying edge of terror and cynicism that usually colors Gillian Flynn's works. I think I might watch Season 1 since I heard it was even better than Season 2. Carrie Coon, who plays Vera Walker, had a really familiar voice and I found myself reacting in a disgusted way every time she spoke in a deep voice which was confusing. So I looked her up and discovered that she's the voice actor for Proxima Midnight from Avengers.  :o  That explains why I hated her voice and character but later on when I learned more about her character I grew to respect her. Also, she got her MFA from my alma mater right around the time I was still there.

Homecoming: Wow. I had no idea Julia Roberts had this level of acting in her repertoire. The way they shot the series was different: 30 minute episodes with long panning shots of usually mundane things happening. I really grew to care about the characters, including Julia's former boss who is a real piece of work. The mystery of what happened to Walter is finally revealed, thank goodness. At first I thought there was a massive government conspiracy but turns out--well I guess there was a little bit but not the extent I was imagining. Every time I predicted something, I would be proved wrong. It was a bit refreshing to see something of this quality. After I finished I researched and found that it was based on a podcast which makes it even more interesting. I think this series will open the door for new types of work, and I'm excited to see what comes next.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 03:01:48 PM by Asharia »

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2019, 08:28:54 PM »
My brother sent me a photo of my niece. Her hair is starting to fall out but her smile is still the same. My heart hurts.

Advertisements