Advertisement

Author Topic: Thailand - Please help!  (Read 2198 times)

SumTingWong

Thailand - Please help!
« on: May 01, 2018, 09:33:32 AM »
All - I am planning on a vacation to Thailand this Fall. I have been to Bangkok and Pattaya but don't care much for it. This time, I want to visit Hmong villages or towns. Please keep in mind, I will be flying into Bangkok and renting my own car to go exploring. If possible, please provide some names of towns or locations where Hmong people live in large or concentrated groups. I will be using GPS for directions, so correct spelling of town names and/or addresses is greatly appreciated.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: Thailand - Please help!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 10:21:37 AM »
Becareful of what you eat
Our stomachs has become weak due to lack of disease exposed here in the USA
You can easily get food poisoning over there with a weak immune
Drink only bottle water

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 10:34:33 AM »
What about fresh coconut milk? Are they safe?

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +340
    • View Profile
    • First Financial Security Senior Associate
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 11:00:40 AM »
Ahhhh ... how nice!

I've been planning a Thailand trip for ages.  Don't know when that will happened.
I'm scared about the foods, too.  Can my stomach tolerate it?
I see street abundance of street foods ... but shoot!, they're not even covered and it's so dusty.

Life insurance with living benefits.
Life insurance with a savings plan.
http://clients.firsfinancialsecurity.com/WF1700

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 11:50:43 AM »
oh my gawd!!  you guys makes it sounds like the food there are terrible/unhealthy/un-sanitize. 

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 12:16:20 PM »
I'll eat anything there, even snake. But I'll be careful what I drink there  ;D

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 12:34:12 PM »
Careful when you go there, going into a Hmong village or town by yourself over there would be disastrous for you if you're there alone. A lot of those Hmong villagers are poor and if they know you are from out of the country they will come in groups and attempt to befriend you then steal your belongings from right under you. Sometimes they could be like zombies and ask you for money one after another and sometimes they will offer to help get your baggages only to ran off with them,you can't ask to have them back either otherwise they kick you out of the village for accusing them. Unless you know someone in town I would advise not to go there alone. As for known Hmong village in Thailand I believe there's one in Tak.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 04:16:21 PM »
Just plan a road trip in Thailand - - explore the country and along your journey you will find Hmong villages/go through Hmong villages for sure and or find Hmong people.

If you really don't know anyone from Thailand and wants to connect w/ someone from there for help/suggestions, this man would be good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp60PjJT-DwDY7E3-hYOxg

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

SumTingWong

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 05:12:44 PM »
Careful when you go there, going into a Hmong village or town by yourself over there would be disastrous for you if you're there alone. A lot of those Hmong villagers are poor and if they know you are from out of the country they will come in groups and attempt to befriend you then steal your belongings from right under you. Sometimes they could be like zombies and ask you for money one after another and sometimes they will offer to help get your baggages only to ran off with them,you can't ask to have them back either otherwise they kick you out of the village for accusing them. Unless you know someone in town I would advise not to go there alone. As for known Hmong village in Thailand I believe there's one in Tak.

Wow, is this normal behavior? I have not seen or heard this before!???! I was hoping to stay in a hotel in the Hmong town/villiages? I am assuming they have hotels nearby?

SumTingWong

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 05:13:47 PM »
Just plan a road trip in Thailand - - explore the country and along your journey you will find Hmong villages/go through Hmong villages for sure and or find Hmong people.

If you really don't know anyone from Thailand and wants to connect w/ someone from there for help/suggestions, this man would be good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp60PjJT-DwDY7E3-hYOxg

Yes, I plan to drive a lot and visit as many villiages/towns as I can. I also plan on visiting Ban Vinai, I was born there.

Renaissance

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 04:19:32 PM »
All - I am planning on a vacation to Thailand this Fall. I have been to Bangkok and Pattaya but don't care much for it. This time, I want to visit Hmong villages or towns. Please keep in mind, I will be flying into Bangkok and renting my own car to go exploring. If possible, please provide some names of towns or locations where Hmong people live in large or concentrated groups. I will be using GPS for directions, so correct spelling of town names and/or addresses is greatly appreciated.

Northern Thailand is where all the Hmongs live.  Hmong Thai are not as friendly as Hmong Laos or Hmong Vietnam.  When they see you, the majority will not greet you or ask you to go visit them at their house.  Unless you have relatives in the villages, I would not go to the villages as it will be a waste of your time.  No street markets or vendors like in the bigger towns.  I have an uncle in the mountains of Phu Chi Fa and the villagers there live in shacks.  Most homes have electrical coming from the streets and a few have sewer lines and running water, but it is by far worse than what you see in the US ghetto.  Go to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Nan and you will see Hmong.

Renaissance

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2018, 04:24:22 PM »

Yes, this is true.  I have an uncle living in Thailand who can confirm that this happens a lot.  When visiting a village, DO NOT stay overnight if you don't know anyone there.  People will try to scam you or blackmail you. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 06:18:23 PM »
Be sure to drive on the left side of the roads there.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2018, 06:23:54 PM »
I'm more worried about the people he knows well. :2funny: :2funny:

Yes, this is true.  I have an uncle living in Thailand who can confirm that this happens a lot.  When visiting a village, DO NOT stay overnight if you don't know anyone there.  People will try to scam you or blackmail you. 

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »
The bottled waters there aren't purified; they are just bottled for convenience. They come right out of garden pipes and shower spits.

Best thing is to drink fresh coconut that  you puncture yourself.

Hope you can take that for a month or so.

"...

Advertisements