Advertisement

Author Topic: what was the best lesson you learned about life w/out having anyone tell u...?  (Read 489 times)

flint-rod

how to manage my finances...

fresh out of college i was making 30k... and my s/o... slightly more... we were living in a one bedroom apartment roughly 600 sq. ft. paying 600 bucks a month... but at the end of each month... we were broke... living paycheck to paycheck... unsettled... even though it was like pulling teeth... i decided to track our incomes and expenses on an excel spreadsheet... fixed cost (rent, car, insurance, etc.) vs. variable cost (food, clothes, etc.)... i was shocked at how much we spent on food eating and going out...

could you blame us or anyone... we went from eating cup-noodles (as college students) to eating prime rib and lobster (as working professionals)... lol! anyhow, we made a conscious effort to minimize our eating and going out habits and within a year... we bought our first home... this by far has been one of the best life lessons learned without having anyone tell me...

what about you...?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
how to be Mr_Mechanic

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Don't we all learn things mostly by our experiences? I mean, when do we ever listen to anyone else's advice?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements