Advertisement

Author Topic: Older Hmong woman was open minded but also ignorant with her statement  (Read 1687 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
So I was at a gathering a few weeks ago and witnessed a verbal interaction between a young Hmong woman (early 20s??) and an older Hmong woman (late 60s...early 70s??)

Older woman: Are you married yet?

Young woman: Yes.

Older woman: To who?

Young woman: To him.

Older woman: Oh, he's White American.

Young woman: Yes he is.

Older woman: Good for you because Hmong men don't know how to love and be romantic like White men.

Young woman: I've never had a Hmong husband so I don't know but I hope he loves me forever.

It was nice to see the older Hmong woman respecting the young Hmong woman's preference but her ignorant claim of Hmong men don't know how to love their wives or be romantic is just plain ignorant as there are some Hmong men that are just as good at it as some White men if not better...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
The older Hmong woman is entitled to her opinion.   Maybe she had a lousy husband that's why she said that.  That does not maker her ignorant....

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
The older Hmong woman is entitled to her opinion.   Maybe she had a lousy husband that's why she said that.  That does not maker her ignorant....

Perhaps that's the case with her "husband" but to paint Hmong men as not loving nor romantic with a broad brush is just plain ignorant. Now if she would've said, White men are more loving and romantic from what I've seen personally, I would considered that as her personal opinion since it doesn't reflect all cases.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
I bet the young woman's relationship was inspired by Pocahontas.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I see more and more people married a different race now from both genders and it's a good thing compared to back in the old days where it was banned. As long as they consent and it's truly their preference, nothing wrong with it...It actually brings societies/communities closer from what I've seen.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
theking must've had poor translation... unless they were both communicating in EngRish (most 70'ish old hmong lady don't speak fluent English), i don't suppose those were her exact words.

besides, just because the old lady said that, it isn't being disrespectful in any way except to support her decision. 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Old women or old of anything only say that cuz what other choice do they really have?  I

Oh you married to him?  Good job, he love you long time.

Oh you only gf to bf?  Not good enough unless he has money so you don't have to work just ask moonangel. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
theking must've had poor translation... unless they were both communicating in EngRish (most 70'ish old hmong lady don't speak fluent English), i don't suppose those were her exact words.

besides, just because the old lady said that, it isn't being disrespectful in any way except to support her decision.

The invalid dunce trump disciple must have poor credibility and integrity...Ye s he does as he still proudly supports lies and fakes. and thus...why what he's spewing is still invalid...

I mean just look, no one in this thread said anything about "disrespectful" (except him) but he made that up just to make himself more invalid...

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
The invalid dunce trump disciple must have poor credibility and integrity...Ye s he does as he still proudly supports lies and fakes. and thus...why what he's spewing is still invalid...

I mean just look, no one in this thread said anything about "disrespectful" (except him) but he made that up just to make himself more invalid...
so calling one ignorant is not disrespectful?  it appears theDunce is always offended when others offer a different perspective.  is you mad?   ;D ;D

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
so calling one ignorant is not disrespectful?  it appears theDunce is always offended when others offer a different perspective.  is you mad?   ;D ;D

Nope, when it's a *fact* but the invalid dunce trump disciple knows nothing about that as he still proudly supports lies and fakes...

Nothing "new"...sounds like he's just "mad" for not swallowing enough of his master trump's semen this morning... ;D ;D

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Nope, when it's a *fact* but the invalid dunce trump disciple knows nothing about that as he still proudly supports lies and fakes...

Nothing "new"...sounds like he's just "mad" for not swallowing enough of his master trump's semen this morning... ;D ;D
here's a fact...talk about "nothing new"...responses i get are the same ol' lame foaming of the mouth, from the south.  :2funny:

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
here's a fact...talk about "nothing new"...responses i get are the same ol' lame foaming of the mouth, from the south.  :2funny:

Unlike you, I've never claimed "new"...but the facts still stand, you are still the invalid dunce trump disciple that proudly supports lies and fakes and blames women for getting raped... ;D

Advertisements