Advertisement

Author Topic: Koreans Bring Lao Cuisine to Korea  (Read 587 times)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
Koreans Bring Lao Cuisine to Korea
« on: May 29, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »
Newly opened Lao Piak is one of only 2 Laotian restaurants in Seoul

Two young women in their early 30s have been close friends since college. Both graduated from high school in Korea and went on to the University of Virginia in the United States, where they first met. When they graduated, they both went into television ― one became a TV presenter and the other a producer at major local broadcasters.

They prepared for the TV jobs together and kept in close touch and traveled together when they started working. After five years in their respective positions, they both quit.

Kicking their established jobs to the curb, the two women set out on a completely new, risky adventure to open a Laotian restaurant called “Lao Piak” on a tranquil street in Mangwon-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul. One year into its opening, the restaurant is a success.

https://laotiantimes.com/2018/05/28/koreans-bring-lao-cuisine-to-korea/

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Koreans Bring Lao Cuisine to Korea
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »
Nice. If I ever go back to Seoul again and can't take Neoguri or seaweeds everyday, I'll look for Lao Piak.

Newly opened Lao Piak is one of only 2 Laotian restaurants in Seoul

Two young women in their early 30s have been close friends since college. Both graduated from high school in Korea and went on to the University of Virginia in the United States, where they first met. When they graduated, they both went into television ― one became a TV presenter and the other a producer at major local broadcasters.

They prepared for the TV jobs together and kept in close touch and traveled together when they started working. After five years in their respective positions, they both quit.

Kicking their established jobs to the curb, the two women set out on a completely new, risky adventure to open a Laotian restaurant called “Lao Piak” on a tranquil street in Mangwon-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul. One year into its opening, the restaurant is a success.

https://laotiantimes.com/2018/05/28/koreans-bring-lao-cuisine-to-korea/

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1330
    • View Profile
Re: Koreans Bring Lao Cuisine to Korea
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 04:57:07 PM »
Cool, at least those two Korean ladies don't call the food, Korean food like how some Hmong call Laotian food "Hmong food" when it's really Laotian food....

Advertisements