Advertisement

Author Topic: even if you believe in a religion  (Read 322 times)

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
even if you believe in a religion
« on: May 29, 2018, 05:35:58 PM »
keep it in the back of your mind, cuz I am pretty sure God would want you to live life realistically first...

for example....you can't always be the better person. sometimes you have to kick ass to keep asses in check...and that is just the reality if you want to make it through life...haha 8)

somewhere maybe in the bible, im sure it say, if someone points a gun at you, let them shoot you. be the better man, pray, and know God is with you... it's just not realistic. if someone points a gun at you, you spit in their face, take their gun, and then bite their head off....lols

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
Re: even if you believe in a religion
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 10:38:19 PM »
keep it in the back of your mind, cuz I am pretty sure God would want you to live life realistically first...

for example....you can't always be the better person. sometimes you have to kick ass to keep asses in check...and that is just the reality if you want to make it through life...haha 8)

somewhere maybe in the bible, im sure it say, if someone points a gun at you, let them shoot you. be the better man, pray, and know God is with you... it's just not realistic. if someone points a gun at you, you spit in their face, take their gun, and then bite their head off....lols

Wrong. You better make sure you take their gun before you spit in there face.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »

God is a holy God and in the Bible there are teachings for children how to live their life, who to associate w/, etc... to avoid terrible ends in life.  Usually if a person follows those teachings, they should have a wonderful/successful life and yes there are certain unavoidable in life like being in the wrong time wrong place where a gun is pointing at your head. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Yengimer

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 04:03:35 PM »

The Bible doesn't say anything like that. Jesus even tell the disciples to go buy swords... in defense.

Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +437
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 08:50:11 PM »
Justified anger.

Advertisements