Advertisement

Author Topic: living off the land (for a meal or two)... there's something just so natural...  (Read 2545 times)

flint-rod

about it...

so you'know how i, on monday, fished...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

flint-rod

and foraged for fiddle-heads aka kaus suab...

flint-rod

well last night... i cleaned and deep fried some white bass that i caught...

seasoned with season salt, garlic powder, onion power, and dipped in tempura mix...

r

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:35:31 AM by flint-rod »

Like this post: +1

flint-rod

boiled the fiddle-heads aka kaus suab in olive oil and salt water... beside it was my hmong pico de gallo sauce made of diced cucumbers, whole onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime sauce, 3 crab sauce, water, thai chili peppers, and sugar...

flint-rod

how my dinner came together... deep fried fish drenched in my hmong pico de gallo sauce...

flint-rod

if my profession as a math teacher doesn't pan out... or i get tired of it... whichever comes first... i was told that i should consider becoming a chef... the recipe for this fish i tasted from a local thai, laos, cambodian, viet, etc... mixed restaurant named woody's... i love how they make their deep-fried fish... i have the ability to taste food and know exactly what they put in it and then copy it myself...  well, with certain foods at least... lol!

flint-rod

and with the fiddle-heads... tastes just like asparagus to me...

flint-rod

this was my mom's creation... wiper (white-bass/stripped bass hybrid) steamed in banana leaf... it was delicious too...

flint-rod

Yum. I'm hungry now but instead of bass, I prefer crappies

crappy yeej qab kawg but i prefer my fish meat more firm... white bass cov nqaij firm zog which i like... crappy is kind of mushy to me... have you ever had walleye before... freshwater fish ces hands down walleye qab tshaj... imo at least...

flint-rod

stupid question, but do they sell crappies at the Asian grocery store? I'm craving for some and may want go and grab some for dinner...the nearest fishing hole here that has crappies is where my nlaws live down in southern cali (Lake Camanche Reservoir)

ya'know, when fish is deep fried... they all pretty much taste the same but it's the texture that differs slightly... the asian grocery stores here don't sell crappy but white bass/stripped bass, catfish, tilapia, etc. for sure...

flint-rod

oh yes, if u love ghost stories of fishing here you go...lol!

back in the days my father and all his homies would go fishing here...now hub and his homies goes fishing here...so far he's lost his expensive fishing pole and reel...tsawg sawm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X91Z_5iX8LA

lol... first off... i don't watch horror movies nor do i listen to ghost stories... thus i don't generate images of such in my head... i love to fish at night... so thanks but no thanks...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
That’s what I’ve been preaching yo
People forgot how to hunt/fish/farm

God did not created man...man created god

flint-rod

That’s what I’ve been preaching yo
People forgot how to hunt/fish/farm

i see a lot of hmong people do it on youtube... almost to the point of over harvesting and it makes me kind of embarrassed to be hmong... lol!

flint-rod

the guy talks about how it used to be a native burial ground and a lot of people be seeing things or images of dead people ...

so when u go fishing at night do you hear someone throwing rocks or sounds of someone walking on leaves? how about a white figure floating on the water?

you're just trying to scare me now... lol! truth be told, there's this one particular reservoir here that when you go and fish at night... the raccoons cry like a woman is getting raped... i kid you not... but then when you hear it every time you go... it gets old... lol!

flint-rod

and while i believe that the supernatural exist... i choose not to see it which i have the power to do so... what i'm more scared of is physical harm... like being held up at gunpoint in the woods because i accidentally stumbled over a marijuana farm... or by a bear/lion but even then the chances of encountering a wild animal is very slim... lol!

Advertisements