Advertisement

Author Topic: The angel of the LORD is Yahweh Himself  (Read 834 times)

Yengimer

The angel of the LORD is Yahweh Himself
« on: May 30, 2018, 04:27:48 PM »
Remember the Exodus when God sent an angel and warmed them not to rebel? That angel is no one other than Yahweh.

Exo 23:20 "See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.
Exo 23:21 Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

This angel sent by God has God's name in him. Although the angel is distinct from God, he is still God himself because he carries God's name. Tee angel has the same nature as God Almighty.

Further proof it was the same angel who led them out of Egypt.

Judges 2:1 The angel of the LORD went up from Gilgal to Bokim and said, "I brought you up out of Egypt and led you into the land that I swore to give to your ancestors. I said, 'I will never break my covenant with you,

Judges 2:2 and you shall not make a covenant with the people of this land, but you shall break down their altars.' Yet you have disobeyed me. Why have you done this?

Judges 2:3 And I have also said, 'I will not drive them out before you; they will become traps for you, and their gods will become snares to you.'

This angel of the LORD says it's his covenant. He brought them out of the land of Egypt.

I also believe the angel is the pre- incarnate Jesus.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements