Advertisement

Author Topic: !!!!!NASA's Curiosity rover finds organic matter on Mars!!!!  (Read 3356 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: !!!!!NASA's Curiosity rover finds organic matter on Mars!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 10:44:15 AM »

when i tell my die hard christian family/friend/etc...
you know what they tell me?

they say it's all fake
it's all being tape and film somewhere in the desert like new mexico or something
and that we can't even go out into space cause it's all sphere up
nothing leaves the sphere

There goes your problem. 

Stop asking your Christian family and start asking other people's family to gain better knowledge. 

Science Don't make a conclusion.  Even a science book gets updated with version 2.1 because why?  It is because science gets debunked by other science news with given times. 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 01:13:46 PM »
There goes your problem. 

Stop asking your Christian family and start asking other people's family to gain better knowledge. 

Science Don't make a conclusion.  Even a science book gets updated with version 2.1 because why?  It is because science gets debunked by other science news with given times.

Naw
I don’t ask them for advice
Too crazy

Eat pork and drink tons of beer
Than go ask for forgiveness every Sunday

God did not created man...man created god

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 01:00:51 AM »
Says the same people that tells you that we are a kazillion light years away from the next green looking dirt in the sky. 

Why say kazillion and not kabillion?  Either way, whatever they say, we get an idiot buying this news all the time. 

Think about this for a minute here.  How the hell you measure a kabillion light years anyway?

You can't, because it doesn't exist.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 02:37:05 AM »
If I see dead stuff (organic)
And me being 100% reasonably

I’m going have to say
Something die there
Something once live

You don’t just find a dinosaur bone in your backyard

After I eat a chicken
There left over bones

Two things. First, that's not how "science" and/or the the scientific method works.

Second,  what you have here is a false dichotomy. There's not only two answers here. There are many reasons why organic matter was found there. Your first premise is what makes your argument fail. You assume that the organic matter originated from there without having any further investigation.

Your example about the bones does nothing to support your argument because the conclusion is different. Here's the breakdown.

Argument: Finding dinosaur bones in your back yard, you concluded that a dinosaur died there.

Evidence: after you eat a chicken, there are bones left .It fails because the evidence only shows that those animals that have bones may leave their bones behind when they died. Nothing indicating that a dinosaur once roamed and died in your back yard. There are other possibilities for the bones being there. Ex: it was brought there by some other means, whether by a living force or nonliving force, such as gravity.  Plate tectonics moved it there. Glaciers brought it there from somewhere else.

It's similar to those arguments from YEC claiming fossils of marine animals that were found up in the mountains as proof of a recent global flood because the mountains were under water at the time.

Advertisements