Advertisement

Author Topic: Daly City White man hiding among Filipinos, good strategy but they still got him  (Read 3229 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...35 years later  ;D:

Neighbors stunned by man who vanished from Air Force

DALY CITY, Calif. (AP) - Neighbors knew him as Tim, a quiet man who kept to himself but was always pleasant and never left the house without his San Francisco Giants cap on.

Then his picture appeared on the news and TV satellite trucks showed up Monday on their quiet, tree-lined street in Daly City, just south of San Francisco, and it became clear their neighbor was not who they had thought.

The Air Force Office of Special Investigations said in a news release they had apprehended the man, identified as Capt. William Howard Hughes, Jr., an officer who had top security clearance when he disappeared in New Mexico 35 years ago.

Hughes was charged with desertion and is being held at Travis Air Force Base in California. He could face up to five years of confinement, forfeiture of all pay and dishonorable discharge from the Air Force.

Authorities say they arrested Hughes last week at his residence in California where he was living under the name "Barry O'Beirne."

Official records show that O'Beirne used Timothy as a middle name.

"Everyone knew him as Tim. He was very pleasant," said neighbor June Dayao, 60, a retired teacher who recognized her neighbor's face in a photograph released by the Air Force. "That's him but he always had his Giants hat on."

Dayao and her husband had talked about going to a Giants game together with him and his partner. Dayao said the woman was already living in the house when Hughes moved in several years ago.

Messages left on an answering machine at the couple's home number were not immediately returned.

Neighbor Lorenzo Laurel, 62, said Hughes was an "ideal neighbor."

"I would only see him when he leaves or throws out the garbage, he was very private," said Laurel, who never knew his neighbor's occupation and assumed he was retired. Laurel lives directly across from Hughes and said he had not seen him in recent weeks.

Another neighbor, Michael Tom, 63, said Hughes and the woman would take walks around the neighborhood but otherwise didn't mingle with neighbors and led private lives.

"This is a complete shock," Tom said.

Nobody answered the doorbell at the home where Hughes lived, on a street of identical grey, 2-story townhouses. Patio furniture on an upstairs terrace was covered and the blinds were drawn. Neighbors interviewed by the AP said they were made aware of their neighbor's arrest by media reports, but had not witnessed it.

Hughes was apprehended after a passport fraud investigation, the Air Force Office of Special Investigations said in a statement.

He told authorities after his capture Wednesday that he was depressed about being in the Air Force and decided to leave, saying he created a fake identity and lived in California since he vanished in 1983, according to the statement.

Hughes was involved in classified planning and analysis of NATO's control, command and communications surveillance systems during the Cold War. He specialized in radar surveillance.

A captain at Kirtland Air Force Base, Hughes was 33 and single when he vanished, according to news reports from the time of his disappearance.

He was last seen withdrawing more than $28,000 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in the summer of 1983 after returning from a two-week vacation in Europe. He had just completed a stint in the Netherlands, where he worked with NATO officers on the Airborne Warning and Control electronic surveillance aircraft. He was supposed to be back in Albuquerque by August of that year.

An Office of Special Investigations spokeswoman told the Albuquerque Journal that there's no indication Hughes was involved with the Soviet Union or that any classified information was leaked.

It's unclear if he had an attorney who could comment on his behalf.

Several other fugitives are on the Air Force's wanted list, including others who have been on the run since the 1980s for various reasons that stem from drug charges to security issues.

Last year, investigators caught a fugitive in Florida who had been living under another identity since 1972

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I would love to represent him. 

As long as he causes no harm and lived a decent life, I have no problem with it.  As long as his classified information was not shared or leaked, I see no harm in it. 

He broke the military law somewhere and that is what haunts him today.  Who knows countless of military tax dollars are involved to hunt and find a missing person, especially one with a clearance like that. 

I get it that the guy runs and hides but I would push for the notion that he must hides for his own safety.  The Russians are after him. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
I would love to represent him. 

As long as he causes no harm and lived a decent life, I have no problem with it.  As long as his classified information was not shared or leaked, I see no harm in it. 

He broke the military law somewhere and that is what haunts him today.  Who knows countless of military tax dollars are involved to hunt and find a missing person, especially one with a clearance like that. 

I get it that the guy runs and hides but I would push for the notion that he must hides for his own safety.  The Russians are after him.

What's a safer place from the Russians than be in an armed and secured military base while being under the protection of Donald Trump?

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
What's a safer place from the Russians than be in an armed and secured military base while being under the protection of Donald Trump?

Military base gets bomb too. 

Now tell me a case where an unknown person in an unknown place gets bomb?

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Military base gets bomb too. 

Now tell me a case where an unknown person in an unknown place gets bomb?

Just one case? How about that one in 1985.

Or how about all the people that gets kill every day?

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
Just one case? How about that one in 1985.

Or how about all the people that gets kill every day?

So if our military guy is unknown, where do you go about and start bombing to find him?  How do you go about bombing an unknown person? 

But if the Russians knows of your location, they have a way to bomb you.  So tell me again, how safe is trump's military base?

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
kinda reminds me of all those mormon guys that always walk around at the Hmong new years. They speak good Hmong and always acting nice but it wouldn't surprise me if they were undercover fbi agents looking for illegal activities.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
So if our military guy is unknown, where do you go about and start bombing to find him?  How do you go about bombing an unknown person? 

But if the Russians knows of your location, they have a way to bomb you.  So tell me again, how safe is trump's military base?

So how does the Russians know your location?

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
So how does the Russians know your location?

Because you told him to go hiding at Trump's military base.  They Russians, they hack to know. 

Now tell me how the Russians can find what is unknown?

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
he should consider himself lucky...someti mes, the consequences of going AWOL, faces the firing squad. 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Now tell me how the Russians can find what is unknown?

The Russians hack, that's how.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
The Russians hack, that's how.

Hack the invisible?  How is that possible? 

If the Russians know that you are hiding at a Trump's camp then they have something to work with. 

If there is an invisible target then how to hack?  Where to start?

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Hack the invisible?  How is that possible? 
Well technically,  cyberspace is invisible.

If the Russians know that you are hiding at a Trump's camp then they have something to work with. 
But the Russians doesn't know that.

If there is an invisible target then how to hack?  Where to start?
If the Russians are looking for him, they're not as dumb as you. Obviously they will start with the USA.  :idiot2:

Funny how you change every time your question got answered, hoping the next one can't be answered.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
Funny how you change every time your question got answered, hoping the next one can't be answered.

Change what?    :2funny:

We are working with what you said here that smells like poo poo

"What's a safer place from the Russians than be in an armed and secured military base while being under the protection of Donald Trump?"

So where do we start to look for dude?  At Trump's camp.

But if dude is off the radar, where do you start to find dude?  Exactly, 35 years in hiding like an unknown ghost. 

Cyberspace is not invisible.  It is a known.  You are in cyberspace.  Being invisible has no known location.  How do you go about looking for something that doesn't exist?  Where to start?  And the dude says cyberspace.   :2funny: :idiot2:

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Change what?    :2funny:

We are working with what you said here that smells like poo poo

"What's a safer place from the Russians than be in an armed and secured military base while being under the protection of Donald Trump?"

So where do we start to look for dude?  At Trump's camp.

But if dude is off the radar, where do you start to find dude?  Exactly, 35 years in hiding like an unknown ghost. 

Cyberspace is not invisible.  It is a known.  You are in cyberspace.  Being invisible has no known location.  How do you go about looking for something that doesn't exist?  Where to start?  And the dude says cyberspace. And that's where was found.   :2funny: :idiot2:

So his house was that safe? Was that why the authorities had to use their invisible bombs to arrest him?  So should we be worried about an invisible bombing from the Russians? You kept asking questions thinking that it couldn't be answered, but I answered it, and  again and again.

So to answer your question,  How do you go about looking for something that doesn't exist? Simple, you don't.  You look for the known person. You see, the word "intelligence " in intelligence agencies is in there for a reason.  If they weren't intelligent,  they would've used your method  and try to find something that doesn't exist. 

By the way,  your method of trying to use tricks with word games resulted in another failure. So since the military base is not a safe place as his house,  then the Russians should have bombed it already or just have 1 Russian walk in and kill him.

Advertisements