Advertisement

Author Topic: I have one so I know how dangerous it can be especially with a young toddler too  (Read 3605 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 :'(:

Olympian Bode Miller's 19-Month-Old Daughter Dies After Drowning in Pool: 'We Are Beyond Devastated'

millerbode: We are beyond devastated. Our baby girl, Emmy, passed away yesterday. Never in a million years did we think we would experience a pain like this. Her love, her light, her spirit will never be forgotten. Our little girl loved life and lived it to it’s fullest everyday. Our family respectfully requests privacy during this painful time.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
The pool didn't killed her, the water did.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
This is the reason why I will not get one. 

It is like having zaj sitting in your backyard and waiting till that day.  I used to live in an apartment on 5th Street San Jose downtown for college and when I was there, the pool was cement blocked for a reason.  An old building and countless of history with it and death by accident drowning is among one.  Is zaj real?  Lets just say that I hopped over my balcony on the first floor like I'm diving bear feet into that swimming pool that one morning.  Only the first floor up and felt like forever free falling down.  I sprung my legs and ankles by using physic to absorbed the impact but my poor legs were almost broken.  My azz landed on the floor and great to have nice buns as air bags.  I couldn't feel my legs and I pissed in my pants. 

I still love the pool party but if needed to, I can always go to my friend's house to use his but never have one in mine.  I'm not taking any risk plus the constant cleaning job which is time consuming plus expensive supplies to keep maintenance. 

When your child is hurt, the parents will get the blame for it.  All for what you know? 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
This is the reason why I will not get one. 

It is like having zaj sitting in your backyard and waiting till that day.  I used to live in an apartment on 5th Street San Jose downtown for college and when I was there, the pool was cement blocked for a reason.  An old building and countless of history with it and death by accident drowning is among one.  Is zaj real?  Lets just say that I hopped over my balcony on the first floor like I'm diving bear feet into that swimming pool that one morning.  Only the first floor up and felt like forever free falling down.  I sprung my legs and ankles by using physic to absorbed the impact but my poor legs were almost broken.  My azz landed on the floor and great to have nice buns as air bags.  I couldn't feel my legs and I pissed in my pants. 

I still love the pool party but if needed to, I can always go to my friend's house to use his but never have one in mine.  I'm not taking any risk plus the constant cleaning job which is time consuming plus expensive supplies to keep maintenance. 

When your child is hurt, the parents will get the blame for it.  All for what you know?

True. Even if the child did what you did, the parents will get blame for not watching and/or stopping the child from doing it.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
So you child proof your pool by putting up fences.  Good for how long?

When your child is old enough, he can climb over.  The fence gets an upgrade.

When your child is an adult, he too may die. 

My grandma was a fisherman and dives for a living but one night, she went to the porty house which is at the end of a small bridge.  She accidentally fell in and possibly having a cramp and died drowning. 

This is my Omen and I have near drowning cases myself, all started with stories about me Rolling in the waves as a toddler in Malaysia refugee camp.  Got saved by a stranger.  Another time me thinking that if I jump in 4 feet of a swimming pool water, I can just give swim my azz to the steps.  Didn't make it but by the grace of willing to live, I found the steps but drank a gallon of water in the process.  2 of my childhood friends died in a canoe accident back in the Narleans days.  A bunch of us kids skip school and stole/borrowed a neighbors canoe for a joy ride.  One guy got cute in trying to catch a wild duck and the canoe flipped over.  One guy got to shore first and uses a branch to save the second.  One guy said he only knows how to dog paddle and already gave up and saw himself sinking slowly but once again, before death, you get that last urge of energy as your last hoorah.  He doggy paddled again to the surface when his friend caught him with the branch. 

Two guy cousins died.  One guy was a good swimmer that came back for his cousin.  Couldn't make it when the other guy hugged him to death. 

I had nightmares for months. 

And yet, I fished all of my life but I'm cautious about the water from here on out.  Took a swimming class in college but wrong class as they only teaches how to be cute in the water.  We did backstroke, butterfly, freestyle and I did 100 meter worth and yet, I still claim my azz as a non swimmer.  I learned all that without them teaching me how to thread water first.  How the figure?

I hate drowning cases.  My phobia, my nightmare. 

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
My thought.

Sad news for sure.  But I must ask, who was watching her?  Look, wife and I have three kids.  Oldest one, 17 and youngest one, 5.  Every time my kids step into a pool or any body of water.  My eyes are on them and a few steps away.
I don’t care who you are but damn it, Watch your kids!!!  I understand that we can't always be with our kids.  In the case that you're not, find a responsible care taker of your kid/s.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:24:05 AM by Mr_Mechanic »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
So you child proof your pool by putting up fences.  Good for how long?

When your child is old enough, he can climb over.  The fence gets an upgrade.

When your child is an adult, he too may die. 

Which is why we taught our daughter how to do this when she was around 6 months old. Some people are against it because they think at 6 months, babies are too young to learn to do things like that but we rather take as many preventive measures as possible just in case:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

I don’t care who you are but damn it, Watch your kids!!!

That would be the number 1 preventive measure IMO.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Reminds me of the 3 Hmong kids in Fresno that found their way into a neighbor's pool and drowned a few years ago.

I heard the grandma kind of got blamed for not watching them or something?

In reality, as parents, they are your kids, you are solely responsible for watching them, not grandma or the neighbor generally speaking...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
Lmao

Dude

You in California
You guys are in a drought
Shouldn’t even be filling your pool

/end

Learn what fake news from real news.

They tell you drought so you can conserve the water.  They tell you so you must listen. 

I rather listen to those that knows like higher ups. 

Guess who got fine the most for wasting water in the so called drought?  A high ranking official.  Why did he not care about wasting water?

Cuz he knows that there is no danger in the water supply.  Some political official down in southern California wants the aquaduct to stretch more from North to southern California cuz he be banking on the water business.  He's buying nor Cal water for peanuts and jacking up the price to be sold in sol cal. 

Look it up to verify my source.  Dig deeper behind the meaning if you may.  Do not listen to any first pencil that you see.  The truth is beyond our grasp and it is just right there. 

If you want to fancy yourself, trump just talked to council man Kim this morning.  What is the underlying truth behind this?  Why not call the guy rocketman or king or dictator Kim?  He called him chairman Kim for a reason.  There are other chit about this summit talks but I'm working on it. 

No fake news but if there are, we can re educate you again no worries.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
you know it's a drought
when you are happy because it finally rain

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
Water is scary. We went swimming over the weekend and my oldest and his cousins were out in the deep. Sure, there was a saftey line that they were hanging on to but yet being that far out and knowing how fast an accident can happen I had to yell for them to come back closer. So no matter how safe you think you are or your gaurds, never underestimate the dangerous of water.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile

lol

the grass is sooooo brown
it crunch as you walk on top of it

sure, someone drain this whole river to get a photo op
c'mon man

too many fox news

So your fake news say Cali in a drought and you believe?

In the words of the hangover movie... ,,"Did you die"

Show me pix of the reserve water supply of California or do you not have access?

Don't be a gullible droid.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
lol

sooo
those brown grass that i step on
didn't make those crunch noise

i know yall like to google
so i will just let you google and find out

please no alex jone or fox news info

Fake news got you to believe so of course you stop watering your grass. 

I never missed a shower day since the so called drought.  Where did I get the water from if there is no water?

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
My thought.

Sad news for sure.  But I must ask, who was watching her?  Look, wife and I have three kids.  Oldest one, 17 and youngest one, 5.  Every time my kids step into a pool or any body of water.  My eyes are on them and a few steps away.
I don’t care who you are but damn it, Watch your kids!!!  I understand that we can't always be with our kids.  In the case that you're not, find a responsible care taker of your kid/s.

I take my kids to the pool, lake, etc. Im always yelling at them if they do something I don't like, etc. I don't swim or get in the water with them. I just supervised them frim start until end when we leave.

I take my kids with me hiking. I have to remind them no chasing, running, etc. Some trails are narrow, steep, etc. but safety come 1st.

I may not get to enjoyed anything much because I have to keep my eyes on them regardless of the place/location. What matters at the end is that we got to spent the day together.

Advertisements