Advertisement

Author Topic: is religion just mind games?  (Read 626 times)

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
is religion just mind games?
« on: June 14, 2018, 02:33:28 PM »
a scare tactic maybe? a way to keep the mass under control? to prevent people from living life the way they choose or want to?????????

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Yengimer

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Re: is religion just mind games?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »
a scare tactic maybe? a way to keep the mass under control? to prevent people from living life the way they choose or want to?????????

Are you being controlled by religion?

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Offline DuMa

• Sr. Poster
  • NRUS MAS
  • Respect: +300
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 04:20:31 PM »
Religion goes hand in hand with a set of laws. 

Now ask yourself, what law did you obey or disobey today? 

Manifestation of religion is the law. 

"There is a party up in here... Fawk you over there"  ha

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 10:50:17 PM »
there is no right or wrong...there is only a beginning and a ending...haha >:D

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 07:08:48 AM »
Paranoid enough against religion?  ;D :2funny:

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline hmgROCK

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 08:55:58 AM »
of course brothers

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Yengimer

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 12:38:17 PM »
You say that being scared is bad. I would challenge that on the face of it.

What is wrong with scare tactics? People need to be scared because hell is real.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Fear is good, in proportion to its life saving power.

Some people will accuse religion of scare tactics, because they fail to understand the imminent danger of unbelief. They suppress the truth.

I suggest you get right with God now because you know not the hour of your death.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 04:50:56 PM »
some things are uncontrollable and not guarantee, so why fear it....haha just be at least half brain smart, and forget the rest...smile, laugh enjoy life and don't spend the rest of your life wasting questionioning and searching for the truth...haha

Offline Yengimer

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »
some things are uncontrollable and not guarantee, so why fear it....haha just be at least half brain smart, and forget the rest...smile, laugh enjoy life and don't spend the rest of your life wasting questionioning and searching for the truth...haha

How can you achieve anything in its fullness by only applying half? Teaching yourself is under your control and the results are guaranteed. Anyone can have doubts, but there are time limits for everyone. It may be possible for many to believe in God yet not care about hell. If there is a hell, there is a heaven too.

Offline Yengimer

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 06:40:44 PM »
Death don't wait. When it's time, it's time. Death don't argue. Better seek eternal life now before it's too late.

Offline Yengimer

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 06:43:05 PM »
If I found out today that God actually not exist. I would instantly become a follower of Nietzsche. I would live for pleasure and crush anyone who got in my way. I would defy all societal norms and restrictions. I would leave my family behind. I would cram as much money, pleasure and lust into my short time on this earth as possible. I would never work again. I would just take what I needed from whoever happened to have it. I would live the rest of my life for number one and no one else! Why? Because I understand the ramifications of a Godless universe. If there is no God, altruism is a synonym for stupidity.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 10:34:27 PM »
Judeo-Christianity brought order to the chaos of the ancient world.

Some of you are very ignorant to the way things were in ancient times. Christianity is actually very new.

I've been listening to a lot of Hmong story-telling in the past two years and from those stories alone, the Hmong are so primitive in their dealings with relationships (marital, familiar, parent/child, etc.).

Many of you are brainwashed by Leftist (liberal) mainstream culture, which pretty much dominates modern western culture. It is very anti-Christianity. It is a known fact that lower-income people, particularly minorities watch more hours of television. In addition, a majority of minorities attend public education - another area controlled by anti-Christian Leftists. Even those who claim to be Christians are still left-leaning.

FREE YOUR MIND and do your own research. Stop listening to Hollywood, mainstream media, your college professors and so on. The fact that many people who work in those industries are left-leaning ought to be a red flag.

Advertisements