Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong martial artists, where y'all at?!  (Read 4063 times)

Hmong Martial Artist

Hmong martial artists, where y'all at?!
« on: June 14, 2018, 02:59:35 PM »
As my name states, I'm a Hmong who loves all things martial arts - especially modern competitive combat styles such as MMA, BJJ, Judo, certain styles of Karate, Muay Thai...etc...

However, Google and Reddit has yield very little when seeking out other Hmongs who are actively or recently practiced martial arts.  I want to change that!  I want to create a community of Hmong Martial Artists to support each other and share our knowledge, views, opinions, and ideas.  If possible, I'd like to make our presence within the Hmong Community known and loud enough that we can start holding yearly Martial Arts tournaments at Hmong New Year with cash prizes for the winners.

I dream to one day to be an officially credited martial arts instructor and teach it free of charge to anyone willing to make it to my classes - and I hope to have my start in areas near large Hmong Communities, where I believe several people have an interest but lack the means to afford it.

So please, if you're a Hmong practicing martial arts, post and introduce yourself.  If there are enough of us, I want us to start posting our experience and have discussions on our ideas and opinion of the martial arts world at large and how we, the Hmongs, can contribute to it.  I won't ask for real names or locations - but a brief intro and some details of your experiences, goals, and expectations would be awesome.

Intro: Hmong Martial Artists (HMA)

As of today, my focuses are BJJ, Kyokushin, and Muay Thai - with a bit of MMA on the side.  As stated, in the future, I want to open up a free school for anyone willing to come to class.  I hope to build a strong martial arts community in the Hmong Community both in the states and abroad and create a network of Hmong martial artists to share information and knowledge.  One day, I would love to be able to hosts a full contact, open style martial arts competition at Hmong New Year festivals!

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

winerice

Re: Hmong martial artists, where y'all at?!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 08:37:46 AM »
Yia Moua, (the bull) is the only one make it big. It's too bad his life is short lived. RIP the bull.........

Like this post: 0

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +360
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 12:12:13 AM »
What's your logo design looks like or your Martial Art mascot should be? I'm thinking of a canine wolf as a logo for your dojo attire.
HMA = Hmong Martial Art similar to Hma in Hmong word for wolf. hahaha

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Hmong Martial Artist

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 08:45:57 PM »
What's your logo design looks like or your Martial Art mascot should be? I'm thinking of a canine wolf as a logo for your dojo attire.
HMA = Hmong Martial Art similar to Hma in Hmong word for wolf. hahaha

Honestly, I'm thinking something along the lines of a mountain with the top hidden by clouds.  Hmongs are mountain folks, at least my immediate ancestry are mountain people.  The cloud hiding the tip of the moutain is to communicate that the path is high and arduous, and even though you can't see the end of the journey, you know it's there somewhere and that you can reach it if you keep moving.

Advertisements