Advertisement

Author Topic: Food Review  (Read 461 times)

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
Food Review
« on: June 20, 2018, 11:45:17 PM »
Who doesn't love food?

Feel free to add food you try.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:30:37 PM by anonymouse »

Like this post: 0
Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Adverstisement

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Food Review
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 12:13:16 AM »
Not posting photos cause it's just pho.

Pho Le (Elk Grove, CA) - Broth was hot (always good), Service was amazing, a waiter/waitress was always nearby and checking in, Pho combination wasn't bad. 

Pho Anh Dao - Probably hands down the best Pho place in town. Chicken broth is HOT, the oil pepper has a kick to it.  One flaw and it's a major one. They need a BIGASS sign on the door that says "CASH ONLY". I was lucky I had cash that day, who is going to see this tinyass sign on the cash register towards the back?

Pho Saigon (Stockton Blvd.) - Pho wasn't bad. Broth was good.  I like the springrolls.  BBQ pork and shrimp springroll.  2 things I didn't like . 1- the area is hella ghetto and trashy.   2 - the waiters/waitresses suck. I saw them 3 times. When I got seated, when I ordered and when I got my food. food came out fast.  But other then that, never there. which sucked cause if I wanted water, I had to go up to the counter or chase them down. and the haha gave me a face when I didn't tip.  Tip for what?  Didn't do jack.   Also, the bigger table next to me was filled with plates when I got there (assume the party just left).  45 minutes later after I'm done eating, the plates are still there! LAZY.

I also tried Pho-buffet in Reno..  I believe it was Atlantis?  It was alright.   LET ME PUT THE STUFF IN THE BOWL.  Stingyass lady give you like 5 thin pieces of meat and 2 wontons. it cost like 35 dollars for this place. Was it worth it? meh.  Better than most buffets I guess, but I'm not a buffet person.

-------------
I've tried out several places over the past few months, once i find the pictures I'll post those.

I've been doing well recently, eating mostly chicken salads (no ranch).  But this week was a crappy week at work.  Slackers causing all of us to get yelled at and crap.  So I said f it. I'm getting me some comfort food.  Was going to go  to I <3 Teriyaki, but Squeeze burger was next door so I decided to try it.

For those who don't know.

Squeezeburger aka Squeeze Inn is this very well known burger joint in Sacramento.  Some rave it as "the best burger in town" and blah blah blah. 

So I tried it. 

First thought: How the hell do I eat this?
The server asks if I want a knife.  I said sure. But it didn't help.  I still didn't know how to eat it and eating a burger with a knife just sounds stupid in my head, kind of like the time a burrito joint gave me a fork for my burrito.  I just hold it. 

I see the guy to my left, he rips the cheese skirt apart.  It's actually not that bad, light cheese taste, has more of this potato like taste to me. 
I see the guy  to my right, he takes off the top, folds the cheese inwards and eats it.
And I see a guy further down, he just folds the cheese up and eat it.

I tried all three.  Unfortunately, you can't really taste the cheese skirt in the burger.   

All in all. It was like 7 dollars for this burger. The patty was juicy, it didn't look flat like frozen patties do.  But it wasn't worth the hype and there's nothing special about it other than the look.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:30:51 PM by anonymouse »

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 12:26:36 AM »
Here's the other places I tried a few months ago.

Texas BBQ - Classmate recommended. Said "Best BBQ in town hands town" and he's a Texan, so I said alright. I take his word for it.  I got the recommended Texas sized meal. THIS IS A LOT OF FOOD.  Brisket - So fn good.  Juicy and tender. You can pull it apart. Ribs - Great. has that mesquite taste. My brother says it tastes dry. I like it. 3 cheese mac - it's just mac.
I like it. It's just too much food.

Fahrenheit 250.  Dollar Ribs during happy hour. the time sucks. 2-6pm. but the food wasn't bad. 2 flavors. dry rub is good. it's worth it.  wings weren't bad.

La Favorita - High school friend recommended.  Her favorite mexican place.  She's mexican so I said ok.  This that I ordered wasn't bad. it was like 11 dollars or so.  It's alot.   I asked for no beans and didn't get any sauce so it has more.  Yes, it came with both corn and flower tortilla.  Other than this bigass plate.  I would not go here. Who pays 3 dollars for a street taco?  $10 for 3 street tacos. PASS.

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 06:23:59 PM »
Feel Free to add :)

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »
BurgerIM (pronounced Burger M)

2 "burgers" drink and fries for 10 dollars
Wings for 6 dollars.
I paid an extra dollar for Wagyu beef.
after tax it was $19!

So Review.
Price - EXPENSIVE
Size - That is not a Burger. that is a SLIDER! my hands are small too.
Taste - It was previously made. How I know? Simple. The cheese was cold.  I didn't order cheese (they just put it on) but it was cold. Beef was warm.  Slightly Juicy.  The other burger was a salmon burger. was not dry. just did not have much seasoning.
Wings = it's just wings
Fries = wasn't bad, it actually tasted fresh.

Overall = not worth it.1/5 stars

-
Will be taking a short (healthier) break.. aiming for a water filled day tomorrow to help recoop from this.  Maybe I'll try some Filipino food next week.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:32:25 PM by anonymouse »

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 06:56:06 PM »
All the foods does not look good lol

Our journey has just begun. Ai sunya nong tha lod si vit.

My heart is in your hand. Huk nong soot houa jai.

Advertisements