Advertisement

Author Topic: traveling alone....  (Read 734 times)

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
traveling alone....
« on: June 22, 2018, 08:04:45 PM »
it's so depressing...h ow do some folks do it...even me driving out of town alone gets me down and lonely...there's a reason why i threw all my KLS cd's away a long time ago...lols I need to join a hiking club...i want to go bird watching but only old white folks like that stuff..lols i'm definitely a time traveler...hah a

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +68
    • View Profile
Re: traveling alone....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 09:48:44 AM »
Loneliness can be a state of mind.  You can be surrounded by people all around you and yet feel lonely OR you can be alone and not feel lonely.  Something like that. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 04:17:23 PM »
Kudos to people who can travel and vacation alone... I admire them. I don't mind traveling alone, but I prefer to take vacations with people. Some experiences are better shared.

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 04:41:33 PM »
I don't know but someone once told me that, when we dream...it actually is real events but in a different dimension..hah a j/k in my younger years...i often would wake up getting that "out of body" sensation....s o i think we're all lone travelers in some sort..haha

Offline lov1ngth3b3ach

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 04:09:03 PM »
Traveling alone is one of the best thing! Maybe I'm a loner, but I just enjoy being able to pick up and go whenever and wherever. I'm a spontaneous person, I don't really like to wait and plan things. I went to Europe, Canada, Jamaica, Bahamas, Seattle, Texas, just to name a few. Just take precaution and hang out where there's crowds and don't get into a taxicab alone. I don't drink alcohol when travelling alone. Common sense stuff.   

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +726
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 12:56:38 AM »
... I just enjoy being able to pick up and go whenever and wherever. I'm a spontaneous person, ...

Sometimes my wife and I just fuel up, pick a direction and go without really any planning ahead of time..we call those our impromptu trips...I'm fortunate that my wife is a light packer and quick on her feet...

I remembered when arrived to Bora Bora, the hotel shuttle driver was shocked that we only have one carry-on and one backpack...con sidering we're from America and all... ;D

Offline highway

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +102
    • View Profile
    • Kiva
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »
Loneliness can be a state of mind.  You can be surrounded by people all around you and yet feel lonely OR you can be alone and not feel lonely.  Something like that.
True, and that could be said about any situation. Traveling alone makes people uncomfortable. . but if you like/want to be uncomfortable, to challenge yourself, then go for it. You meet some of the most interesting people who are also traveling solo.

Traveling alone is one of the best thing! Maybe I'm a loner, but I just enjoy being able to pick up and go whenever and wherever. I'm a spontaneous person, I don't really like to wait and plan things. I went to Europe, Canada, Jamaica, Bahamas, Seattle, Texas, just to name a few. Just take precaution and hang out where there's crowds and don't get into a taxicab alone. I don't drink alcohol when travelling alone. Common sense stuff.   
Let's swap stories sometimes.. lol

live simply so others may simply live
go vegan

Offline treasure

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 12:34:21 AM »
i dont like to travel alone. i will get bored. i will see others with a companion or baby and then ill miss mine

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 11:12:49 PM »
okay folks, i think I am ready for a short road trip alone.....I want to live and experience those early teen years again...so any girls along the hwy 99 stretch in cali, wants to meet up...Let me know... ;D :2funny: willing to travel all the way down to San diego so technically anywhere south of sac-mental...I'm down...bring your brother, body guard, whatever if you scare..just want to "yos hluas nkauj hmoob"..hell, I might be the one that needs a body guard....lols

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 11:16:23 PM »
oh yeah, the purpose of this trip, is to live my singlehood one last time...because I plan to bridenap a wife eventually next year sometime...lol s also, it will be a good time to refresh and cleanse away any stress, lingering grudges, or whatever that is still in my system somewhere...lo ls

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 09:51:59 PM »
change of plans folks...my long lost half brother from france will be visiting Ameliska during the HNY runs. so no road trips till sometime novermber-ish and december-ish....meanwhile, i'll need to look for a comfortable lightweight bullet proof vest, and brush up on some ass kicking skills in case shits start to drop from the skies...lols j/k

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 09:21:27 AM »
I can't travel alone, at least driving.  I get tire.

Offline highway

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +102
    • View Profile
    • Kiva
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »
change of plans folks...my long lost half brother from france will be visiting Ameliska during the HNY runs. so no road trips till sometime novermber-ish and december-ish....meanwhile, i'll need to look for a comfortable lightweight bullet proof vest, and brush up on some ass kicking skills in case shits start to drop from the skies...lols j/k
There's nothing to see in Ameliska. You should visit him in France --at least you'll be able to country hop.

live simply so others may simply live
go vegan

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 11:11:35 PM »
There's nothing to see in Ameliska. You should visit him in France --at least you'll be able to country hop.

My buddy and his wife just did that not long ago...haha He recommended if you can just go for two weeks at most, take it..versus the three week tour, or package...Afte r about a week and half, you get America=Sick..Home sick...I hear that a lot from various people...or at least Americans...lo ls But i definitely one dya will have to visit Europe.

Advertisements