Advertisement

Author Topic: The Secret Life of a Hmong-American Woman  (Read 36927 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Re: The Secret Life of a Hmong-American Woman
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2021, 06:25:42 PM »
Doing awesome. Thanks for asking

That's great to hear!  :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2021, 02:28:23 PM »
Rebel, hope things are OK with you.  Let us know how you're doing.   :)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2021, 02:32:19 PM »
Rebel, hope things are OK with you.  Let us know how you're doing.   :)

I got an extra banner card that read "I told you so" for the borrowing   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2021, 02:37:27 PM »
I got an extra banner card that read "I told you so" for the borrowing   :2funny:

What??

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2021, 02:39:32 PM »
What??

somewhere in this thread here is when I told her my "I told you so" bickering.  Girl gonna learn the hard way or the highway.  I saw it coming from a mile away.  Toxic romance, if you can call it that.   :2funny:

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2021, 02:49:17 PM »
She's an adult.  She's fine.  I just miss her writing.  I think she and I could be flens in real life.  Funny how you get attached to online personalities and miss them when they are offline.   :D  That said, it's nice to see you online, Duma.  Hope you book a nice vacation this summer.  Do share about your vacation plans.  Maybe it'll give me ideas on where to go for my own vacation.  :)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2021, 03:49:27 PM »
She's an adult.  She's fine.  I just miss her writing.  I think she and I could be flens in real life.  Funny how you get attached to online personalities and miss them when they are offline.   :D  That said, it's nice to see you online, Duma.  Hope you book a nice vacation this summer.  Do share about your vacation plans.  Maybe it'll give me ideas on where to go for my own vacation.  :)

Pandemic of 2020 gave me time to harvest all them vacation hours.  We max 300 here n I'm at 260 unused. 

Once it is ok, I'm flying to Singapore n Vietnam but my friend got a thing for Taiwanese.  Vegas I already went but still in the Talking phase now.  The mn cheating buddy of mine got a birthday in September so he wanna meet up in Vegas.   

I dunno.  Throw some ideas out there, I'm looking for options myself

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2021, 01:39:54 PM »
Dammit, Duma, you scared Rebel away.  Dammm you!   :P  Hopefully she's safe and well and she will come back to ph soon.

Anyway, 300 hours?!  Nice!  O0  Man, if I were you and I didn't have anything or anyone to tie me down, my vacation hours would be 0.  I'd be constantly traveling and hearing the crushing of the ocean waves so much. hehehe

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2021, 01:33:51 PM »
Don't forgot to update us cuz well,

if my life sucks cuz I'm right and I told you so, I'll be too embarrassed to show my face up here again. 

Without your funky orthodox romance with this bozo, what is there to type on here journal you know?

If you got knocked up by dude or even gotten back with your ex, you know what's my motto  " I TOLD YOU SO" and I will continue to grind you with more "I TOLD YOU SO"

Now if you catch covid and die, I'm sorry and I take everything back. 

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2021, 08:19:38 AM »
;D :D Hey guys! I can’t believe so much time went by. Holy shit! I been so caught up with stuff lol I’m doing great! Hope you guys are too!

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2021, 09:03:39 AM »
Every time I try to go and hang out with “someone,” some thing happens to my car!

Like the time I drove out to the XXXXX the axel of my car suddenly gave out and broke and I was stranded on the side of a freeway and had to call AAA. The guy I was trying to hang out with thought  I was trying to flake on him because I’ve tried to cancel several dates in the past and he didn’t take it really well. He thought I made the whole thing up. While I was in panic mode in that moment, freaking out that something serious had happened to my car…he was pissed about it because we never got to meet up and didn’t even try after that.

Then I try to hang out with another dude, this guy was Hmong and he kept asking me out lmao. I drove close to the location we were going to meet up and have coffee… since I got there 10 min early I decided to go to the gas station nearby to put some gas in my car. My car suddenly stopped working. Shit wouldn’t turn on. I called him and he thought I was trying to flake on him. But I wasn’t. I asked him to come and pick me up at the gas station. I took this as a sign that the universe is telling me something… I should be careful and stay loyal. I am, I just want to make friends lol

Another time this happens was with a guy in my city. He kept asking me out so I thought to myself, “heck why not, it’s just coffee, down the street!” Welp, the thing was working fine and I drove around in it all day long and nothing happened except when I try driving out to meet him….so that date never happened either!

….in my car wasnt reading my key fobs correctly…. But every time I drove out to see my guy who lives 45 away, I don’t have any issues with it. And I see him more than I ever see these other friends. And when I go hang out with my girlfriends, i don’t have any problems with the vehicle. But whenever I try to go on dates, my car suddenly disarms itself, breaks down or sends me warning messages lol so freaking weird, and annoying and scary that a car can be that unreliable that it can just die instantly for no reason like that lol It freaks me out so much I don’t try to hang with men even after I got the issue fixed.

Anyways, I mostly drive European cars so my family likes to laughs at me when I have certain issues like this lol I love that car though and honesty maintain it really well. Looking for something new, like an Asian car but you know deep down I really want a Tesla 🤣

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 06:03:35 PM by Rebel »

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 25, 2021, 09:16:08 PM »
It’s almost a year since the trip we took to see his family but a few days ago he brought it up to me when we were driving to dinner. He said that the next time he will let me know so I can pack clothes. I was driving but I looked over at him and he had a sad look on his face, he seemed to be almost crying…

“Why are you upset about that” I asked him.

It was not like him at all, he doesn’t get like this with me, never will he get emotional, even when his mom died he never cried to me…

“I wished I would of told you where we were going and you could of packed some clothes on that trip… I feel bad. He was sniffling. Next time I’m going to let you know so you can have fresh clothes to wear when we go traveling…i was thinking about how you were washing your underwear and shirts so you can wear it the next day…that hurt me and I’m sorry..” he said to me as he wiped snots from his nose.

It was so random. In that moment, I didn’t  know why he was so hurt about it…

But he’s gone on several other trips since then with families and friends and I’m sure  they all packed fresh clean clothes with them. He must of felt guilty about it. Many other occasions when we went anywhere, he took me by surprise and I always end up wearing the same clothes I have on…and it was always some big surprise type of thing…at the end of these ventures, I  always felt like we were two dirty little kids… wearing filthy and raggedly clothes, licking ice cream on the street corner without a care in the world lol and this was all during the pandemic

“Moments like this are the best” he would say to me. And I’ll ook over at him with a swell in my heart. And I would smile at him like I’m some little kid girl…

There were times we’d visited cities we didn’t know and we’d be brushing our teeth’s out on the corner street like two bums… it was fun. Or the time we went to the lake, we ended up swimming buttnaked…he takes me on these unglamorous trips but they were moment we’d remember forever.

Somehow he got emotional about that one trip because it was far and it meant something to him.

Continue…

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2021, 10:48:04 AM »
So glad to see that you are alive and well, Rebel!

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2021, 01:01:27 AM »
So glad to see that you are alive and well, Rebel!

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2021, 01:05:38 AM »
Continued
That was the day before…

Last night before his big old trip again, he made dinner like most times and then he played the song “nothing compares to you” (O’Connor) it was on repeat. After dinner was over…. He replayed the song again, he stood next to me and stoked my hair like he would a child until the song ended. I didn’t realized it until today that the song was played over a dozen time that night. I clicked on a video of us having dinner…i filmed us being goofy…In it was the same song as our background music.  I didn’t realized that it was on repeat and was played during our entire dinner…over us talking and laughing, over us clashing’s forks and cups… I was too distracted to notice that he played Prince and purple rain also but prince wrote the song and he also sung the song, “nothing compared to you….”

He made halibut for dinner… and yeah he left me again for another long trip.

“You know I love you…I’ll call you when I get back” he said to me
“love you..(long pause) call me” i said to him.
“Don’t worry I will when I get back… be careful and drive safe… have fun at work”

I shut the car door. I drove out of the driveway and looked over at him one last time before I drove off down the street….in the rearview I see him pulling out of his drive way, going the other way.

Advertisements