Advertisement

Author Topic: J4 Freedom Festival Shooting  (Read 6859 times)

hmongviking

J4 Freedom Festival Shooting
« on: July 05, 2018, 07:04:48 AM »
RIP, hate to see a young one pass, but sorry kid, you can't be trying to jump the wrong people, you never know what they are carrying.  Learn not to hang out with the wrong people.
I can't find the posting from the Security Guard who saw the OMBs chase the AC guys and they stopped and fired back.  Probably due to the investigation, it was taken down.
AC guy will probably plea self defense.

If you're about that life, those are the 2 roads that it leads you, death or in prison. :police:

https://www.twincities.com/2018/07/03/2-men-charged-after-teen-fatally-shot-at-st-pauls-hmong-freedom-festival/

Minnesota court records show no convictions on Jacky Vue’s record. He was charged in January 2017 with possession of a pistol without a permit after St. Paul police stopped a vehicle that Vue was a passenger in and officers found a loaded gun in the driver’s side door, but the case against him was dismissed.

This should have been a sign for you kid, you got a break to try and change your life, stop hanging out with these people, what can they do for you, pour out a little liquor after you pass?.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/07/02/police-arrest-2-men-in-fatal-shooting-of-teen-at-hmong-freedom-festival-in-st-paul/

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 07:23:25 AM by hmongviking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Re: J4 Freedom Festival Shooting
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 12:46:34 AM »
I just viewed a video that showed a close-up of the deceased as he was receiving medical attention. Pretty sad to go out like that. Obviously, what else is there to expect when you go looking for trouble. It never ends well. These dumb kids.

I don't keep up with these events anymore so I'm not sure how they handle security. I suggest there be a parental supervision enforced. Minors can only get in with an adult. Secondly, teens (or pretty much anybody who looks suspicious) walking around in groups can and will be stopped by security to be questioned the whereabouts of their parent(s)/guardians. Their parent must be in close proximity.

We don't know the full story yet. Only bits and pieces. The rumor is that this was gang-related. One group was chasing rival members when the rivals turned around and fired shots. This is why it's important to close in on groups of teens wandering around. They apparently need adult supervision or else things can escalate quickly. 

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 12:53:32 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 07:56:35 AM »
as long as innocent bystanders were not hurt, it's all good.

if it was up to me...i would make a soccer field into a battlefield and let these thugs go at it.  I have sugar cane sticks and umbrellas for sale. ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

hmongviking

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 08:29:57 AM »
Honestly,  if these gangbangers really want to fight at the tournament.  An MMA ring can get set up and they can go 1-on-1.  Add that to the tournament sport list. O0
I know, I know... Hmong People don't know how to fight 1-on-1. :D

Offline Mong-X

• Your One And Only
  • Administrator
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 11:50:39 PM »
Depending on how you view it:

1.  These events creates job and revenue back to the city.
2.   Innocent lives are being wasted due to violence..ie. gun violence.
3.  Once in a year event where the older folks can enjoy a few days exercising and seeing old friends.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 09:34:17 PM »
There were people suggesting that the event should be closed down. Why? Because of thugs? Hey, I know. Instead of punishing innocent patrons and those who worked hard to put this event together, let's punish the thugs who tried to ruin it for everybody.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 04:52:49 AM »
I just viewed a video that showed a close-up of the deceased as he was receiving medical attention. Pretty sad to go out like that. Obviously, what else is there to expect when you go looking for trouble. It never ends well. These dumb kids.

I don't keep up with these events anymore so I'm not sure how they handle security. I suggest there be a parental supervision enforced. Minors can only get in with an adult. Secondly, teens (or pretty much anybody who looks suspicious) walking around in groups can and will be stopped by security to be questioned the whereabouts of their parent(s)/guardians. Their parent must be in close proximity.

We don't know the full story yet. Only bits and pieces. The rumor is that this was gang-related. One group was chasing rival members when the rivals turned around and fired shots. This is why it's important to close in on groups of teens wandering around. They apparently need adult supervision or else things can escalate quickly.

The problem I see with that is that there are too many people attending the event. Security will have to judge and check anybody who they think are minors. It's like going to the store to go buy cigarette or beer but with way more people. So most likely anyone 21 and under will be checked for id.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 02:17:04 AM »
The problem I see with that is that there are too many people attending the event. Security will have to judge and check anybody who they think are minors. It's like going to the store to go buy cigarette or beer but with way more people. So most likely anyone 21 and under will be checked for id.

The people at the gate will have to check their I.D.s just like any other venues where minors can't get in unless accompanied by an adult.

Of course, this is also a sly way to call attention to the pedophiles and their child brides.  :2funny: Not that the Hmong would ever do anything about it anyways.

Advertisements