Advertisement

Author Topic: I give props to Jack in The Box for holding on for this long, I have no issues..  (Read 648 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..with them raising their two tacos for 99 cents deal to $1.29 after being at 99 cent for over a couple of decades now. I remember getting those back in my college days... ;D:

Jack in The Box Says Wages Are Behind the Increase in Taco Prices

Taco Tuesday just got more expensive, at least for diners in the Golden State.

Jack in the Box Inc. says its franchisees have hiked taco prices at some locations due to wage increases taking hold across California. The San Diego-based fast-food chain is largely concentrated there, where the minimum pay was raised to $11 an hour this year for large employers, compared with $10.50 a year ago.

Tacos used to be two for 99 cents at Jack in the Box. Some menus now list two for $1.29, and a customer’s online petition is looking to reverse that.

“We did allow the lid to lift on taco pricing,” said Carol DiRaimo, head of investor relations at the chain, during an investor conference Wednesday in New York. “As minimum wage in California started to creep up toward the $15 mark, it doesn’t necessarily make sense from a profitability perspective for our franchisees to continue at that price point.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I stopped eating their taco ever since it stopped the 2 for 99 cents.

It is not even meat in them taco.  Tasted like mushy bean soggy soft chit. 

It is all about the buy one get one jumbo jack for me.  Their coupon has that coupon printed on them by doing a survey.  I just put sone random 4 numbers beginning with 8 like 8150 and cash in for another receipt with another deal hence it is a Rolling deal.  Keep it Rollin

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements