Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmmm, turns out that soccer coach trapped in the cave in Thailand is Tai Lue  (Read 1162 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
He's still seeking Thai citizenship. The Tai Lue people share some similarities to us Hmong people like they originated from China...:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:21:28 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Amara

I don't see anything similar between Tai Lue and Hmong people, except that both groups have a history in China. Their language is unintelligible to us but is related to the Thai and Lao languages. They are Buddhists, Hmong are animists.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Right. Very succinct and accurate. Their building structures are even different. And we Hmong have never used the dragon on our necklaces but they do.

I don't see anything similar between Tai Lue and Hmong people, except that both groups have a history in China. Their language is unintelligible to us but is related to the Thai and Lao languages. They are Buddhists, Hmong are animists.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile

Wow, long time no see...welcome back..

Besides originating from China, both ethnic groups are considered hill tribes... with no real currency system, and the Tai Lue are also "animists" and have additionally adopted Buddhism in the 14th century...Each Tai Lue village has its Shaman....farm ing and agriculture are major part of both groups' way of life...

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:35:12 AM by theking »

Advertisements