Advertisement

Author Topic: Just sharing my observation about working people  (Read 5051 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Just sharing my observation about working people
« on: July 18, 2018, 05:39:12 PM »
Since the majority of the working population gets pay bi weekly, my theory of observation tells me that we belong to either one or the other.  There are also the pay per contract and the monthly pay folks but let's just put them on silent for right now. 

I myself tends to be more happy on pay week.  Like on Friday, you will notice the folks that are out shopping or spending are the ones that gets payed this week.  If you get payed this week, you walk in spirit with those people.  By next week, the other groups come out to celebrate. 

It is like we are riding on a wave length.  We celebrate together as a group on a certain pay week. 

This is my pay week so who's on the same high as I am?

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Soul_Searcher

Re: Just sharing my observation about working people
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:09:30 AM »
I have to admit, I liked getting paid once a week.  It felt like I had something to look forward to.  However, experience and maturity has taught me to be more proactive of my spending; especially only when you're only paid once or twice a month.  Contract pay is nice too although the expectation of our debtor can be a little dubious.  This being a pay week is nice for me as well. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 01:46:46 PM »
Makes me think that there are two types of working people.

Those who gets payed this week like myself are happy and happy people with money tend to spend on their payed week. 

I eat lunch on my paid week and I see the same folks who are on the same wavelength as I am. 

By next week, it will be another crew.  They are happy that week  while we,us will be blah blah on such week.

I'm sure y'all can relate.  This is my pay week so I'm already looking for things to do and ways to burn this paycheck. 

Peachy Fish

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »
I must say people at work are much happier and friendlier on pay day where I work during the day. 
Makes me almost wish they paid weekly instead.  ;D

$weet_$ymphony

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 12:05:56 PM »
Weekly or biweekly, my money is already gone to bills lined up to be sent out the door.   :'(

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 01:17:44 PM »
Waahht?  you guys get paid?!  whoever is buying beer is my friend!

Weekly or biweekly, my money is already gone to bills lined up to be sent out the door.   :'(
pay day for you must sound like music to your ears!  cha-ching! ha!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:02:38 AM by ZDN »

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 01:50:17 PM »
I don't notice anything. Maybe I'm in the wrong field..

I don’t notice any difference neither, even for myself.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 01:15:13 PM »
Since the majority of the working population gets pay bi weekly, my theory of observation tells me that we belong to either one or the other.  There are also the pay per contract and the monthly pay folks but let's just put them on silent for right now. 

I myself tends to be more happy on pay week.  Like on Friday, you will notice the folks that are out shopping or spending are the ones that gets payed this week.  If you get payed this week, you walk in spirit with those people.  By next week, the other groups come out to celebrate. 

It is like we are riding on a wave length.  We celebrate together as a group on a certain pay week. 

This is my pay week so who's on the same high as I am?
That's probably true for those who live paycheck to paycheck.  Those whose don't rely on each paycheck can celebrate anytime. ;)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 07:29:24 PM »
That's probably true for those who live paycheck to paycheck.  Those whose don't rely on each paycheck can celebrate anytime. ;)

Some of us are not as rich as you.  You make the big bucks MR. IT. 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 12:26:08 AM »
I was going to cash in my retirement ten years ago...but long story.

Anyways...I'm not very observant, so I will say, "Money makes people happy."

and I just got tipped! Yeah! Yay! Hooooraaay!  O0

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 07:20:22 AM »
Here is another observation.  Look at your friends.  They go on trips or invite you to their house party or just going out in general, yep, it is their pay day week. 

My closest friends and I are lucky to be on the same pay schedule.  It is like we don't do chit one week but when it comes to pay week, yo, lets go out homie. 

And the other groups of friends?  Well we can see why they be making excuses not to go out.  Your pockets are not full so why go out? 

We live in waves.  Just like commuting to work.  All you day shift people are on the daily grind while the grave yard people are like zombies to you guys.   The ying and the yang, the plus the minus, the hot and cold people.  We ride in waves. 

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »
Some of us are not as rich as you.  You make the big bucks MR. IT.
Yes, and I am concerned about some of you, that's why I worry about a minimum wage.  Not like the folks who want to take it away just so companies can make bigger profits for the people on top.

Advertisements