Advertisement

Author Topic: The question is not "how is this stand your ground" but more so why am I'm so ..  (Read 941 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..stupid and chose to park in an handicap space  :idiot2::

Florida sheriff says 'Stand Your Ground' law prevents arrest in fatal shooting in parking spot dispute

A Florida sheriff says the state’s “Stand Your Ground” law prevents the arrest of a man who fatally shot another man last week during an argument over a handicapped parking spot.

Markeis McGlockton, 28, shoved Michael Drejka, 47, to the ground during the argument Thursday at a Clearwater convenience store and then was shot and killed when Drejka, from a sitting position, pulled out a gun he legally owned and opened fire, shooting McGlockton once in the chest.

Jacobs told WFTS that Drejka was getting away with murder.

“How is this 'Stand Your Ground' law?" she asked. "It’s not! Markeis pushed him, how does that justify a bullet?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIMd2-7nFKQ

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
what do you not understand about "stand your ground"?  it may started with parking, but if you physically hurt others, expect consequences. 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
This is the dumbest law I have ever heard of.  In my CCW class if the threat walk away you don't shoot because it will be hard to prove your point for shooting. 

Here is how I say this is the dumbest law:  I'll go walking around calling Blacks the N word and White the Cracker/Honky word just flat out picking on people.  At the same time, I carry my Glock 30 with extra mags.  I will have a drone flying on follow me mode to witness the whole thing.  As soon as somebody touch me, BANG BANG like Chai Vang.

Here's my story: I was testing my drone, this dude or dudes approach me, demand money, I said no, they attack me, I shot them in self defense.     

This is what the drone see:  Guy walking, some guys approach him, looks like they exchange words, guy get attack, guy pull gun and shoot the aggressor, looks like self defense from the sky. 

You can pretty much go looking for target to practice, just make sure you have it on video for your defense. 

This has got to be the dumbest law ever created for people looking to kill people for the F of it.  HOLY BUCKETS!  I'm surprise this hasn't catch on, use and abuse......or maybe now that this murder got away, people will catch on, script things up and go target practice lol.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:09:31 PM by starchaser1989 »

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
This is the dumbest law I have ever heard of.  In my CCW class if the threat walk away you don't shoot because it will be hard to prove your point for shooting. 

Here is how I say this is the dumbest law:  I'll go walking around calling Blacks the N word and White the Cracker/Honky word just flat out picking on people.  At the same time, I carry my Glock 30 with extra mags.  I will have a drone flying on follow me mode to witness the whole thing.  As soon as somebody touch me, BANG BANG like Chai Vang.

Here's my story: I was testing my drone, this dude or dudes approach me, demand money, I said no, they attack me, I shot them in self defense.     

This is what the drone see:  Guy walking, some guys approach him, looks like they exchange words, guy get attack, guy pull gun and shoot the aggressor, looks like self defense from the sky. 

You can pretty much go looking for target to practice, just make sure you have it on video for your defense. 

This has got to be the dumbest law ever created for people looking to kill people for the F of it.  HOLY BUCKETS!  I'm surprise this hasn't catch on, use and abuse......or maybe now that this murder got away, people will catch on, script things up and go target practice lol.
every law differs from state to state but a major does go accordingly to what you've stated,  can't shoot a perp if they're no longer a threat.  however, those states with "stand your ground laws" can exercise their rights, claiming self defense, puts the burden on the prosecutor and they'll have to prove your guilt.  When Drejka was pushed by mcGLOCKton (how ironic, he probably got shot by a glock), he became the victim and had the right to defend himself.  regardless of what type of argument there is, one has the right to say whatever they want but it ends at the tip of someone's nose, if you touch them you're at fault for failing to de-escalate the situation.

This was simply a stupid incident...eve n though Drejka was not found criminally charged, he can still be sued in civil court and that's where Mcglockton's family should take this, case.  McGlockton's mistake was when he assaulted Drejka, he should have made sure there was no retaliation... like knock him the phuck out and drive away.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
I don’t see no one breaking the laws except the lady who parked in the handicap spot and her bf who shoved the other man down with full force. If he traded dialogue like normal people he would still be alive.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Some just lack personal responsibility and can't take ownership for their own bad judgment or mistake because to them it's just easier to blame someone else...

This is her mentality/perspective while being interviewed by CBS:

"He wanted me to move my car," she told CBS News. "But I have my right to park anywhere I want to park."

No, you do not have the "right to park anywhere" you want especially a handicap spot that's reserved for people that really need it.. :idiot2:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:10:14 AM by theking »

Advertisements