Advertisement

Author Topic: Something Happened  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +366
    • View Profile
Something Happened
« on: July 31, 2018, 05:44:19 AM »
There's this guy from the Alliance Hmong church asked me if I ever gonna get married. All I did was shrug my shoulders - meaning I'm not sure and I'm not planning to. After that, he went on persuading me that I should be like my oldest brother when he got a wife and children. Well, he doesn't know what the heck I've gone through a lot of relationSHITS with girls' BS.  Marriage ain't the true calling for me. He surely doesn't have the common sense of what scriptures in the Bible say about marriage law and its consequence. There's no point in arguing about the subject. Plus there's no point convincing him he's in the wrong position causing me to sin. For instance, a type of "sin" indicate whenever my spouse goes on an adulterous spree while I stay home not knowing she has an affair with other men. So if I decide to divorce her on my own terms (feeling resentment toward her infidelity) and I go find another wife. Then that means I've sinned adultery, right? No matter what I say to that egghead, he won't deny he's an idiot even though he claiming he's a full-fledged Christian.  ;D

Here are the passages that idiot forgot to go back and check upon:

1 Corintians 7-11

7 Sometimes I wish everyone were single like me—a simpler life in many ways! But celibacy is not for everyone any more than marriage is. God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others.

8-9 I do, though, tell the unmarried and widows that singleness might well be the best thing for them, as it has been for me. But if they can’t manage their desires and emotions, they should by all means go ahead and get married. The difficulties of marriage are preferable by far to a sexually tortured life as a single.

10-11 And if you are married, stay married. This is the Master’s command, not mine. If a wife should leave her husband, she must either remain single or else come back and make things right with him. And a husband has no right to get rid of his wife.

Matthew 19:11-12

11 But Jesus said, "Not everyone is mature enough to live a married life. It requires a certain aptitude and grace. Marriage isn't for everyone.

12 Some, from birth seemingly, never give marriage a thought. Others never get asked - or accepted. And some decide not to get married for kingdom reasons. But if you're capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it."

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:51:13 AM by Visualmon »

Like this post: 0
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Something Happened
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:04:53 AM »
Not sure which denomination you want to go at it but with the Catholics, this is what I think it is.

Scriptures shows that a marriage is two body become one. 

You get a divorce on paper, you are still married spiritually.

Only if you are a widow is when you can remarry again.

There are once upon married priest in the Catholic Church.  My uncle was wed to a priest in the 80's and his son performed wedding services his daughter just a few months back.  A rare occasion like a blue moon. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »
The Catholic Church allowed mix marriages these days or one between a Catholic and others.  In this case, if divorce, the Catholic person can remarry again since their first marriage was not annulled, meaning that it did not qualify to be a sacrament marriage. 

So your marriage is fake in the eyes of God.  Well that don't sound too fun. 

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +366
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 08:03:05 PM »
I didn't go to any denomination church. I knew all churches follow the same rules, regulations, and procedures to get saved - praying, baptizing, and attending congregation sermons every Sunday or Saturday (Seventh Day Advent).  ;D ;)

What bugs me the most each member of the church doesn't look at the scriptures carefully enough and think twice before practice preaching about the kingdom of heaven inside and outside the church. Reading the whole Bible from the beginning to the end doesn't really mean every Christian really acknowledges God's plan.  ::)

Everyone was created differently and God has the type of specific jobs for everyone to fulfill base on his/her personality trait.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 10:38:37 PM »
That is what happens when a church is not institutionize

If I throw you the Constitution, you will run it to what you think it means.  This is why the central government has to figure it out and to become a law that all can follow.

The Catholic Church or the mothership runs like a franchise.  One such that every church worldwide should operate the same way.  Sure we read along the Bible but priest or pastors are experts in their trade through their extensive schooling.  Such training should also correspondence to what their higher ups like bishop and pope in agreement as well.

Problem arises when a pastor goes on their own teaching like allowed nuns to be priest.  It then becomes a scandal and things may become ugly.  Just like a business, when caught, you are fired. 

Advertisements