Advertisement

Author Topic: damn...how do you retract your interest  (Read 268 times)

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
damn...how do you retract your interest
« on: August 02, 2018, 06:59:52 PM »
decided I'm not really feeling it anymore for this new offer i got...had a quick phone interview, told them, I am interested..th e interviewer sounded really interested in me. almost talking to me like we were good friends..even went as far as saying he's glad to have found my resume..becaus e it stood out and made it to the top of his list....set up a in person interview for next week....and then my current contract, somehow miraculously decided they want to extend my contract with even more pay and incentives...

man...they probably found out I was looking elsewhere...lo ls I told one of the guys there, i just think I'm due for a new scene, nothing against the business...wel l, i talk to some other contractors trying to get some hints if they also got their incentives upgraded...no hints, and better not discuss about it...so i just left it at that...lols

man...it's hard...it's really better not to be too friendly too soon..now, it's like a love triangle..lols I think I would take the new offer regardless...b ut I'm planning to retire full time by this year's end and possibly move to France!! so I'll just stick it out with the old...will just have to be honest and explain it to the new business.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ZDN

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
Re: damn...how do you retract your interest
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 09:00:45 AM »
one should be happy to get a contract extension, especially compared to a new one and with better incentives.  unless you're tired of the work, it would be wise to accept the extension...th e familiarity of the duties will make your life a lot easier.

as for discussing individual income among employees, it is discouraged to discuss one's payrate, even though you are not barred from it...but who would want to disclose how much one makes unless, your trying to brag like theposter?

they say, establishing a good working relationship is better than burning bridges, as one may want future references.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 01:29:43 PM »
true yo....we tend to forget the basics sometimes...ke ep it simple...haha

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +296
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 07:12:18 PM »
Simple...I have a better offer from XXXX or I found new opportunities from XXXX.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline DaCurse

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 09:00:26 AM »
Simple...I have a better offer from XXXX or I found new opportunities from XXXX.

doh...habitual being man...when you always making things harder than it is, it becomes a habit, you got to always make everything harder than it is...it's that false sense of being challenged...i'm going to put myself in a tough situation, and watch me, get out of it...only the hole gets deeper and deeper sometimes...lo ls

but yup, I was offer a extension, took it...offer another one several weeks back...but this time, said I need a different scene...they really liked me...but that's because i always chose the deepest hole to get into...lols time to just keep it simple..

Advertisements