Advertisement

Author Topic: Chinatown Los Angeles--Discrimination against Hmong  (Read 4115 times)

Hmonggirl1

Re: Chinatown Los Angeles--Discrimination against Hmong
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 08:58:18 AM »
Maybe you are the competing vendor from across the room and shaming them like this will stiffed the competition for you.

No, I'm not! You can bet on that.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Hmonggirl1

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 09:00:38 AM »
Maybe you are the competing vendor from across the room and shaming them like this will stiffed the competition for you.

DuMa: I'm not a competing business. You can bet on that.

Hmonggirl1

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 09:08:35 AM »
Every basket has good and bad apples and I'm glad to see you stand up for your rights.

BTW, does your family go there to buy merchandise and resell it at flea market and such?  ???

Theking--I see you will stand up for your rights instead of waiting for some one else to do it for you from your comments. And no, I live in southern CA most of my life, and I don't resell anything but I do see Hmong people buy from there for resell many times and I take my out-of-state relatives to LA Chinatown because they want a tour.

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 09:09:57 AM »
will somebody give this lady a round of applause and a medal for her bravely? 

Hmonggirl1

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 09:16:41 AM »

Mr_Mechanic: you are entitled to your opinion and how you want to be treated but don't put people down for standing up so that the next person can have a better experience.

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 09:19:26 AM »
Mr_Mechanic: you are entitled to your opinion and how you want to be treated but don't put people down for standing up so that the next person can have a better experience.
I was being honest and sincere

Hmonggirl1

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 09:22:59 AM »
Wowzers… maybe some hmongs have wronged them in the past?

No, Hmong people never wronged these Chinese vendors. It's when they touch and look but don't buy that upsets them. A common practice in China. But here in the great USA, that practice cannot be tolerated here.

Like this post: +1

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 10:04:56 AM »
I will treat her to lunch when she comes to St. Paul for J4.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 11:07:19 AM »
If it is obvious that they are racist then help them to be racist.

Take a bunch of stuff and put in your shopping cart.  Upon paying, say you forgot your wallet in your car. 

They think you are their best customer for months so they will wait and wait for your return but you never did.

Now they will hate your Hmong people even more.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

can

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 12:19:21 PM »
Hello my Hmong friends and family. I would like to inform everyone and please pass the words out to your families, friends, and so on so forth about my experience while browsing in Chinatown LA. On August 1, 2018, my mom and I went to Chinatown and were browsing through the vendors and clothes in the 821 N Spring, Los Angeles, one of the main shopping centers there in Chinatown where many Hmong come to buy clothes and accessories to resell in the Midwest or Northern California. Most people might come through the front building which has the address of 828 Broadway, both since the building is behind this building most people think the address is 828 Broadway, however it's 821 N. Spring, Los Angeles. Anyway, my mom and I were shopping and looking at clothes and accessories and came to a store or vendor called 'Luvienne' . The man there, with an angry face, told us not to go inside his store after my mom and I looked at some of the clothes on the rack outside. We then walked around to the other side after he told us not to enter the store. Around the corner,  there stood his old mother making ugly faces and gestures at us too, a sign for us to go away. I didn't do or say anything except thinking these Chinese people are so rude and started walking away until the old lady started talking to her son in Chinese which I don't understand except the word 'Hmong'. I then got angry and turned around, walked back to the old lady and confronted her and told her that indeed, we are Hmong. And what is wrong with that? The old lady then said ' I know you are Hmong people and get out!' I was not shocked, just angry that these Chinese people in Los Angeles Chinatown loves our money but hate us. To make the story short, I did not walk away quietly after that.

We Hmong people shopped a lot and buy a lot from these Chinese merchants to the point where they even know how to
Speak Hmong fluently. Please my Hmong family and friends, pass the words to your mom, dad, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, friends, and every one you know to please stay away from this shop 'Luvienne' located at 821 N Spring, Los Angeles, suite 167A and possibly 165. This store is very racist against all Hmong. If you must shop there, proceed with caution and only touch if you plan to buy anything. You have been warned. This practice is only good in China, here in the United States, we are not going to let any one put us Hmong down with disrespectful  treatment. I'm proud to be Hmong.

girl,

what a horrible experience for you but you're better off to go on twitter or some other outlet to report this kind of racism. The men in here, esp the hmong men, are some of the most backwards thinking, ignorant, archaic types of men out there. that's why so many hmong women are marrying out of race because these types of men, the ones in here don't understand how to process with the rest of society. Racism is not okay.  O0

Like this post: +1

flint-rod

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 12:22:23 PM »
good for u... hit'em where it hurts the most... their pocket books... the few times i have been there... my mom likes to buy her fabrics from this middle eastern family...

anyway, if you feel strongly about that particular establishment's hatred towards you... do what u did... because only they know how many bad hmong folks (which there exist) have treated them horribly thus the backlash or vice versa...

anyway, thanks for the heads up but if that particular store has something i want... your experience isn't going to deter me from shopping there unless i myself experience it first hand too...

i can tell you about all of the horrible experiences i have gone through with varying establishments but that would be too long... so my solution to my problems have always been... a one and done... and believe me you... there have been a lot of establishments across all races...

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:56:27 PM by flint-rod »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 10:13:02 PM »
Good for you to call them out. Include photos, too, if you have any. I'm tired of racist Chinese and Koreans - ESPECIALLY THE SAME ONES WHO WOULD CRY RACISM IF IT WERE A WHITE PERSON.

All the people telling you to get over it are probably the same ones who would make a big fat stink if it were a white person.

BE SURE TO POST YOUR EXPERIENCE TO THE PUBLIC AND ESPECIALLY TO THAT RACIST TRASH, B.ITCH, SARAH JEONG.

Every bit of opportunity I get to BLAST A RACIST CHINESE or KOREAN, I DO SO WITH GLEE.

Let's get real here. If America is too f.ucking racist for them, these chinks can go back to their country - YEAH THE SAME ONE IN WHICH THEY TRIED TO ANNIHILATE THE HMONG.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2018, 07:44:40 AM »
THATS IT!!!  I'mma go protest..no more chinese buffets and/or korean bbq's.  the only thing i'll do is...a chinese girl or korean woman!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Advertisements